• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official MMA Thread

Rate this topic

I would hardly consider Franklin done because of that loss.

I'm not talking about just this loss. Franklin has lost 3 of his last 6 fights. Yeah sure he can still be an MMA fighter. But in terms of thinking of him as a champ? HE'S DONE. He will never hold a championship belt again.

BJ Penn fairly gave Diego Sanchez a licking yesterday - though I'm always more concerned about him licking his gloves after laying down a bloody beating. I mean, Jesus, communicable diseases anyone?

He's good though.

He's not just good, he's the best 155 lbs fighter ever. If GSP was BJ Penn's size BJ would have destroyed him. Pound for pound there is no better all around mixed martial artist than BJ Penn.

Did anyone see UFC 112??? What the hell was Silva doing??? I'm really starting to get annoyed by his antics in the ring. It was bad enough when he was mocking his opponent and literally dancing while he was fighting. But then he basically ran in circles for over a round. Can't wait for GSP to light this fool up.

Did anyone see UFC 112??? What the hell was Silva doing??? I'm really starting to get annoyed by his antics in the ring. It was bad enough when he was mocking his opponent and literally dancing while he was fighting. But then he basically ran in circles for over a round. Can't wait for GSP to light this fool up.

Yeah, it was a pretty sorry fight. I love how the ref Dan Miragliotta walked away in disgust after raising Anderson's hand. I'm not a big fan of Dan as a ref but when he shoved Anderson to press the fight that made me :clap:.

danm.gif

did you watch huston alexander against kimbo. yawn. the most boring fight i have ever watched.

I saw that one too..just pissed last night because I like Hendo a lot. He seemed to be so out of steam...Shields has no GnP at all..was like someone sitting on top of you flicking you in the face. I guess they were reporting Hendo dropping 18 pounds the day before the fight; my guess is he gassed right at the end of the first round...too bad.

I'd love it if every one of Silva's fights ended with him doing what he did to Rich Franklin, and I agree with you to a certain extent. But as the champ, there's no need for him to go looking for KOs and give the other guy a chance to catch him with a counter. Not that I think that could ever happen :P

Guest TERROR

UFC is fixed. Wish UFC hadn't bought Pride to shut it down, and avoid competition.

If you think the UFC (or any MMA organization, for that matter) is fixed, you are not very intelligent.

As the Province of Ontario is currently carrying a deficit of over $20 billion, they are hoping that regulated online gambling and this will bring in needed monies; from Toronto Star :

The UFC is coming to Ontario.

Josh Rapport, the general manager at Toronto BJJ, received the text message this morning.

“If a politician even coughs that they’re going to revisit the issue everyone freaks out and says, ‘It’s coming, it’s coming,” he said.

In a rare Saturday announcement, the province confirmed the first mixed martial arts event would likely be held in 2011, with 10 to 15 events annually. Rapport’s phone hasn’t stopped buzzing.

Adopting the same rules of other North American jurisdictions, Ontario joins six provinces and 46 states that have already regulated the sport.

“Ontarians have told us they want to see this. They want the choice,” said Sophia Aggelonitis, Minister of Consumer Services.

I'll definitely be watching. BJ's the man. And as boring as he is, I like Fitch, too. Sotiropoulos is fun to watch, and of course it's fun to watch Bisping fight so I can hope that he gets KTFO'd. Hard.

Edited by SeeinRed