• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 NFL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

anyone else think the Lions should go after OT Ryan Clady from Boise State. We definately need help at the line and he would help immediately.

I wouldn't mind it. He should be around still with our pick. We need so many things though I don't know where to begin. I've read a lot about us drafting that SFU CB....we could use him too.

We basically could use everything except a WR. I wouldn't be surprised if we even took a QB at some point. I know we just got Stanton, but maybe his injury raised some red flags......

What pick the Lions have this year any way? Maybe trade down and get Jake Long?

Har. Maybe they can trade down to the third round for Devin Thomas :P

Getting Clady would be fine with me. Either him or one of the three cornerbacks: McKelvin, Talib, or the USF guy would best fit their needs.

Reasons that I hate the combine are shown pretty clearly in the reports about Darren McFadden and Mike Hart. McFadden's fast? Really? SHOCKER. Hart's slow? We knew this too. Any scout who is surprised by these 40 results needs to find another line of work, or maybe just turn on the TV on any given Saturday. Seriously.

This year, I'm actually pretty interested in who goes first overall, even though it's not the Lions' pick. If the first overall pick is named Long, I'll be happy. Happier if it's Chris, I'm pretty sure no UVA player has ever been first overall.

Edit: scratch that. Bill Dudley, waaaaaaayyyy back in 1942.

Har. Maybe they can trade down to the third round for Devin Thomas :P

Ha! Thomas' draft stock has been going up. The same cannot be said for Mr. Manningham and Mr. Hart. Although, its too bad there isn't a combine event for peddling a bike on the sideline, Hart would be a first round pick ;)

Sadly, the Lions drafting Devin Thomas in the second round wouldn't surprise me. Hell, I'll be surprised if they don't do it. Stupid Lions :(

Ha! Thomas' draft stock has been going up. The same cannot be said for Mr. Manningham and Mr. Hart.

Precisely the reason I'd rather draft Manningham than Thomas. Like I said before - beware of the workout warrior. Personally if I were an NFL GM, I'd avoid Thomas. Only one season of real evaluation material. Thomas would be a fine pick for the second round, maybe early third. Any team that gets dazzled by his workout numbers and picks him in the first round will be disappointed, I think.

Another scouting report that made me mad was Eddie Royal of the Hokies. Apparently he made the scouts drool by doing 24 reps. Um, he's a wide receiver - he plays the one non-special teams position where upper body strength is least important.

I would draft MM over Thomas too, and don't pin the homer opinion on this because it's not true. You can watch 3 years of very impressive film from MM besides the OSU game this year. Thomas has 12 games maybe unless you go way back, and watch his JUCO film, and I have no idea how that looked.

The thing Thomas has going for him is he can return kicks, and Manningham can't.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

RRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

NNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Lions are getting the Bengals 3rd and 5th rounders in the draft.......for Shaun Rogers.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...S0101/802290470

I have an idea for Matt ******* Millen. If you have a player, who is the best player on your defense, that you drafted in the second round, and you are trying to trade him, and you cannot get anyone to offer you anything but the pu pu platter in return, YOU DO NOT TRADE HIM.

Let me reiterate. Rogers was drafted in the second round. And he is a Pro Bowler. These are a third round and a fifth round pick. Man, it's a good thing Matt ******* Millen held out for that fifth rounder. Dan Orlovsky has been an absolute dreamboat.

Of course, it would have helped if they had not declared their intentions to trade him or cut him. That would have helped. Matt ******* Millen does not know the first thing about negotiating with anyone.

RRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH

NNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Lions are getting the Bengals 3rd and 5th rounders in the draft.......for Shaun Rogers.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...S0101/802290470

I have an idea for Matt ******* Millen. If you have a player, who is the best player on your defense, that you drafted in the second round, and you are trying to trade him, and you cannot get anyone to offer you anything but the pu pu platter in return, YOU DO NOT TRADE HIM.

Let me reiterate. Rogers was drafted in the second round. And he is a Pro Bowler. These are a third round and a fifth round pick. Man, it's a good thing Matt ******* Millen held out for that fifth rounder. Dan Orlovsky has been an absolute dreamboat.

Of course, it would have helped if they had not declared their intentions to trade him or cut him. That would have helped. Matt ******* Millen does not know the first thing about negotiating with anyone.

RRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I agree. What a stupid trade! Why not trade him for Vilma or something. Millen is a bozo!

a piece of crap was traded for 2 pieces of crap to be named later. Sounds like a win to me and typical Lions move. Would you rather we make a trade like we did last year with Bly for a running back who gets injured, a tackle who can't block and a 5th round pick (Johnny Baldwin)

a piece of crap was traded for 2 pieces of crap to be named later. Sounds like a win to me and typical Lions move. Would you rather we make a trade like we did last year with Bly for a running back who gets injured, a tackle who can't block and a 5th round pick (Johnny Baldwin)

Yes. That was a good trade. They at least made an attempt to address needs.

And it looks now like the Bengals deal is dead and Rogers will head to Cleveland for CB Leigh Bodden and a 3rd rounder. Still selling themselves short, but at least they're filling a need and getting 70 cents on the dollar instead of 35.

[sarcasm] Nice to see the Lions feverishly addressing that O-line [/sarcasm]

Colletto can talk the talk about running the ball, but lets see if he'll walk the walk when we're gaining 2 yards a carry. Funny how that tends to change things!

Ive heard LJ Shelton's name being thrown around, just sign him...s***, do SOMETHING.

Heard this rumor on the radio today. I hope the Lions take this offer if it is ligit.

Roy Williams to Philadelphia for Lito Sheppard and the Eagle's 1st round pick (19th overall)

I would love this move. The Lions then can draft an offensive lineman and then a cornerback or halfback.

Edited by timothy1997

Random observation: I will spit if the Lions take Derrick Harvey. Seems to be this year's combine-and-workout darling. Any time the experts tell us we should be excited about someone because he's "flying up the draft boards" all I see is "bust".

Acceptable picks: Talib, Jenkins, Mendenhall, McKelvin, Otah, Clady.

Unacceptable: Harvey, Devin Thomas, and I waver on Jonathan Stewart.

Acceptable picks: Talib, Jenkins, Mendenhall, McKelvin, Otah, Clady.

Unacceptable: Harvey, Devin Thomas, and I waver on Jonathan Stewart.

I agree with this except Mendenhall. I dont want them to draft him. It is pointless to draft a running back when you have too many offensive line problems. I want to see Clady as the Lions first round pick.

Why is Kuiper such a jackass? Jake Long allowed like 2 sacks, and less then 5 holding calls as a FOUR YEAR starter on the offensive line yet Kuiper questions him because he allowed ONE sack on Veron Gholston, and ONE from Harvey?!!?! Give me a break!! Jake Long has been serving more pancakes then Bob Evans the last four years!!

Why is Kuiper such a jackass? Jake Long allowed like 2 sacks, and less then 5 holding calls as a FOUR YEAR starter on the offensive line yet Kuiper questions him because he allowed ONE sack on Veron Gholston, and ONE from Harvey?!!?! Give me a break!! Jake Long has been serving more pancakes then Bob Evans the last four years!!

I heard the conversation with Kiper and I wasnt offended at all. Jake Long has admitted the toughest player in college for him to block has been Gholston and Harvey. Kiper didnt say anything that wasn't already said. Yeah its a gamble taking an offensive lineman #1 when Gholston (who will be a stud in the NFL) and Matt Ryan (which the Dolphins have no QB) is on the board.

Nothing wrong with taking Jake #1....he has all the makings of a Jumbo Elliott, Tony Boselli. I just wish the Lions could build a team around Jake.

I heard the conversation with Kiper and I wasnt offended at all. Jake Long has admitted the toughest player in college for him to block has been Gholston and Harvey. Kiper didnt say anything that wasn't already said. Yeah its a gamble taking an offensive lineman #1 when Gholston (who will be a stud in the NFL) and Matt Ryan (which the Dolphins have no QB) is on the board.

Nothing wrong with taking Jake #1....he has all the makings of a Jumbo Elliott, Tony Boselli. I just wish the Lions could build a team around Jake.

I think they are going to try Beak again at QB. If you have no OL your QB gets screwed (sound familiar :lol: ), and it sounds like they have some good pieces they can move around with Long coming in now. Gholston is a freak, but I would take Dorsey/Long before. I think all will be really good though. It's just my gut feeling, but I can't see Ryan being a good NFL QB. I just think of Cade McCown, and Tim Couch when I see him. Just my feeling though......

I think they are going to try Beak again at QB. If you have no OL your QB gets screwed (sound familiar :lol: ), and it sounds like they have some good pieces they can move around with Long coming in now. Gholston is a freak, but I would take Dorsey/Long before. I think all will be really good though. It's just my gut feeling, but I can't see Ryan being a good NFL QB. I just think of Cade McCown, and Tim Couch when I see him. Just my feeling though......

Its Beck, not Beak. and which Long. Chris Long is going to be a good pro as well.

Ryan is going to be a good pro under the right system. The problem is that if Ryan doesn't go 3 to Atlanta, he might slip down to KC or Baltimore or another team might move up to grab him. He is not going to St. Louis, Oakland, Jets, or Patriots.

I think the top 5 picks are playing this way out:

#1 Miami---Jake Long

#2 St. Louis--Vernon Gholston

#3 Atlanta--Glen Dorsey

#4 Oakland--Chris Long

#5 KC-- Leodis McKelvin

Makes you wonder where Darren McFadden will end up. I dont like it but #7 New England will pick him up. KC might trade out of the 5 slot to a team that wants a running back but Chiefs need cornerbacks. Keith Rivers is going to be a steal on draft day too. I could see New England picking him up as well.