• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JayUp88

All-Star Weekend Open Thread

Rate this topic

Unless Nabokov didn't face a single shot, how could Ozzie end up with a better save % than a goaltender that allowed no goals?

FYI

Osgood: 0.688 SV%

Nabokov: 1.000 SV%

Legace: 0.667%

Yeah my bad i forgot Nabbi didn't give up a goal... I lost interest in the game after the 1st and then gained it back with about 5mins left in the third.

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous to take any meaning away from the all star game, especially regarding goaltending. Anytime during the regular season you're not going to see Lidstrom standing around with Ovechkin 10 feet away from the net.

My wife yelled at the screams a few times "hit him!" Thenshe looked at me like I grew another head because I told here there is no hitting in the ASG.

Okay, I just gotta know, am I the only one that was completely unimpressed with the Ovechkin breakaway challenge attempts? Firstly, I must say, I actually missed almost the entire event, I saw the last 10-15 minutes, so I caught only the backwards attempt by Getslaf (which I thought was the best attempt by far) and the attempts that came after that. Kovalchuk's attempts were just plain......well....plain.

So, here's my beef. I will admit that Ovechkin's attempts were different, which is the point of the competition, but shouldn't the highest scores go to something that blows your mind, is amazing, how did he do that type of thing?? I could do what Ovechkin did.....and I did it yesterday just so I could say that I could do, except I actually touched the puck on my attempt to bat it out of the air. The good about his attempts was that they were different, the bad is that anyone else there could have pulled off the same thing. He wasn't even able to hit the puck on his swings and this is what we say was the best?? I guess I just don't get it.

all star games > than detroit goalies and prospects

Howard let his first shot go in... hahaha so glad All-star games don't mean jack .

I think that skills competition should be done away with. It was really boring and far too long.The one thing that I did like about it was that all guys were relaxed and seemed to be really enjoying themselves. the game itself is far more exciting. I felt really bad for Ozzie, because it seemed like it was just him against the other team. I don't know if the game is much fun for defensemen because there is not much for them to do. I like the all star games because they are just for fun and it's o.k. that we lost.

Edited by LidsFan