• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IceMunkee

J.P. Dumont

Rate this topic

A player who will give you 20-30 goals each year and is on a 15 game point streak?

a player like that?

He'll get 4 mill per in todays market no doubt, salaries are going back up to where they were prior to the lockout.

who sould we get now?

Teams normally dont trade within their division; especially with a team that they percieve as a hated rival. With the attendance issues they have this was a no-brainer. They don't bring the guy back after a career season it tells people "They aren't trying to win"

A player who will give you 20-30 goals each year and is on a 15 game point streak?

a player like that?

30 goals? He has never scored 30 goals per season in the NHL yet. His max is 23. He's overpaid. Like Sharp.

30 goals? He has never scored 30 goals per season in the NHL yet. His max is 23. He's overpaid. Like Sharp.

Sharp was overpaid no doubt. Now that Phaneuf has resigned, wait and see what the new salary levels of defenseman are going to be.

a player like that?

Not to be mean, but I hope Nashville would expect him to score 30 goals. There's not a lot of others scoring. And why did you want Detroit to take him? Or am I reading into too much? You're debating that Detroit wouldn't want a goal scorer yet if we did take him, that would make your team that much worse. I'm thinking you might have a little red blood in you instead of that blue and gold. :lol:

Guest Crymson
Blake and Forsberg

The L.A. front office has said that their price for Blake is a roster player, a first round draft pick, and a prospect. That's a ridiculous price to pay for a rental player who is past his prime and who will--WITHOUT A DOUBT--return to L.A. at season's end.

Given that Blake will certainly return to the team, it's an asinine move by L.A. to demand a price for him that nobody will conceivably play. Then again, if L.A. actually had good management they wouldn't be in this situation to begin with, so I suppose it's not so surprising to see them do something like this.

The L.A. front office has said that their price for Blake is a roster player, a first round draft pick, and a prospect. That's a ridiculous price to pay for a rental player who is past his prime and who will--WITHOUT A DOUBT--return to L.A. at season's end.

Given that Blake will certainly return to the team, it's an asinine move by L.A. to demand a price for him that nobody will conceivably play. Then again, if L.A. actually had good management they wouldn't be in this situation to begin with, so I suppose it's not so surprising to see them do something like this.

Keep in mind that the price goes down the closer you get to the deadline.

There will be overpayments, but there will also be underpayments as well.

Never underestimate the idiocy of NHL GMs. Somebody will pay that price.

Good. I didn't really want Dumont anyways. He's a good player, no doubt, but the fact that he turned down more money from Holland back in the summer of 2006 to sign with Nashville instead makes me think he's got something against the Wings, or the city of Detroit. He might have been a problem.

Did he really turn the Wings down?

I was hoping he was going to sign with us back then, but I wasn't aware that we made an offer to him.

Good. I didn't really want Dumont anyways. He's a good player, no doubt, but the fact that he turned down more money from Holland back in the summer of 2006 to sign with Nashville instead makes me think he's got something against the Wings, or the city of Detroit. He might have been a problem.