• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Hossa Sweepstakes down to four teams?

Rate this topic

I'm not trying to, its just my input. I'm also pretty damn frustrated.

Why? What could you possibly be frustrated over? The fact that Holland hasn't followed through with a couple of your pipe dreams?

Give me a break.

No big trades have happened yet.

Getting Hossa could have been done in the cap world.

Ah, I didn't realize Hossa has been traded. Where'd he go?

You have no idea what's going on amongst the GM's right now. None. Your wishful thinking is all you have.

Edited by ARice89

Before the cap, Holland's MO was exactly what you just mentioned: trading away uncertain future for superstars. It can't be done in a cap world. No one has even made a big trade yet and we already have people bitching at Holland. Amazing.

Its so completely unnecessary to give me as much s*** as you are. I'm not "bitching" at Holland, get the facts straight. I merely said that its unjust to take Flip off as a potential trade option. Its things like that that can really end up hurting a team.

Its so completely unnecessary to give me as much s*** as you are. I'm not "bitching" at Holland, get the facts straight. I merely said that its unjust to take Flip off as a potential trade option. Its things like that that can really end up hurting a team.

It's also things like that that can really end up helping a team. Ever think of it that way?

Ah, I didn't realize Hossa has been traded. Where'd he go?

You have no idea what's going on amongst the GM's right now. None. Your wishful thinking is all you have.

He didn't say he DID get traded. He simpily said that in the pre-cap world, the trade could have been done much easier compared to the post-cap world.

Chill out.

I really can't understand how Ottawa is interested in bringing him back. Hossa was unhappy in Ottawa, and the team management didn't want him there anymore. So, why all of the sudden do they want him back? Do these rumors guys (not counting Eklund) know something, or is it all just speculation?

He didn't say he DID get traded. He simpily said that in the pre-cap world, the trade could have been done much easier compared to the post-cap world.

Chill out.

No no, he said nothing of that sort. He said, "Getting Hossa could have been done in the cap world," implying that the Red Wings will not get Hossa because of Holland's reluctance to trade inexpensive assets, namely Filppula, under the cap.

Why was the past tense at all necessary? Hossa hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Why? What could you possibly be frustrated over? The fact that Holland hasn't followed through with a couple of your pipe dreams?

Give me a break.

No big trades have happened yet.

Funny thing is, I've said from the beginning that I didn't think we'd land him. I had no "pipe dreams" for Hossa. Its the fact that if a good deal came along, we wouldn't do it cause we won't trade Flip is what irritates me.

It's also things like that that can really end up helping a team. Ever think of it that way?

Yes, it can. The thing is, I don't bash you for saying so.

No no, he said nothing of that sort. He said, "Getting Hossa could have been done in the cap world," implying that the Red Wings will not get Hossa because of Holland's reluctance to trade inexpensive assets, namely Filppula, under the cap.

Why was the past tense at all necessary? Hossa hasn't gone anywhere yet.

f***, you're right. My bad.

I think we all need a beer!

:beerbuddy:

I'm not trying to, its just my input. I'm also pretty damn frustrated.

Like I said, the 97 and 98 team were NOT put together by him. And don't get me wrong, its great we make the playoffs but we should be getting farther than we have in recent years. Holland is NOT a bad GM. He's just not as great as some make him seem.

Do you honestly think the GM is the only one that does anything in terms of helping to put a team together? Assistants and others play a big part in that, and Ken Holland was a part of that team in 97, and was the head of it in 98.

Do you honestly think the GM is the only one that does anything in terms of helping to put a team together? Assistants and others play a big part in that, and Ken Holland was a part of that team in 97, and was the head of it in 98.

Okay, fine, you win. Holland brought us the cups. Holland is god. Holland is the reason the sun rises in the morning. <_<

Guest CaliWingsNut

tsn's video thing doesn't work for me.... but...

"Alex Tanguay not moving" is under their sportscentre thingy.

sorry... old news :P

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Like I said, the 97 and 98 team were NOT put together by him. And don't get me wrong, its great we make the playoffs but we should be getting farther than we have in recent years. Holland is NOT a bad GM. He's just not as great as some make him seem.

It blows my mind the way Wings fans get so defensive when someone says they don't think Holland is the best GM ever. I'm completely with you on this one. He's not bad, but people call him the best in the game, and I'm really not sure why.

Hopefully he pulls out something great tomorrow. We need it.

It blows my mind the way Wings fans get so defensive when someone says they don't think Holland is the best GM ever. I'm completely with you on this one. He's not bad, but people call him the best in the game, and I'm really not sure why.

Hopefully he pulls out something great tomorrow. We need it.

Finally a person to my defense! Thanks :thumbup:

Alright Boys, Bob Mckienzie on TSN is going to go on OTR to discuss what he is hearing. Bob is a very smart man and has good inside connections, I will let u know what he mentions about Hossa

UP UP AND AWAY!!!

Alright Boys, Bob Mckienzie on TSN is going to go on OTR to discuss what he is hearing. Bob is a very smart man and has good inside connections, I will let u know what he mentions about Hossa

UP UP AND AWAY!!!

Thanks! Don't have TSN down here.....please keep us updated!

I agree if we can lock up Hossa long term it's worth the asking price. He's only 29 years old and his best hockey is yet to come. If we have to trade Val to get him it's worth the risk. Hossa threw up over 100pts last year and with Hank and Pavel we'd have the best two lines in hockey.

From Bob:

Montreal and Ottawa are in the running....He says Detroit is also still in it, along with San Jose

So even though Flips aint moving lets not take Hossa out of our ratars just yet

Take it from Bob!

UP UP AND AWAY!!!

Please do.

:thumbup:

Getting antsy! You might want to post it in the trade deadline thread since I'm sure McKenzie will mention more than just Hossa.

ACCORDING to Bob Mckenzie:

Richards: Does want to go and will accept to be traded

Columbus and Dallas are hot on him...Vancouver has also pitched in a offer

Campbell: Will most likely be on the move, Regher wants a player who can play in the NHL considering they are making a attempt for the playoffs

You're a jackass. Not quite as big of one as BRYAN MURRAY but you're still a jackass.

Bryan Murray built the Wings team up before Scotty Bowman took over.... Murray also built up Anaheim prior to Burke sneaking in and winning the Cup.