• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

What Burke just said is very sensible. I believe Kenny would say the same. You do not base your moves on what others do.

Just because it makes sense doesn't give him the right to sound like a self-righteous prick when he says it. Just sayin'.

Its always going to be a predominant sellers market with the NHL with a cap and the number of teams that make the playoffs. It's the GM's that can remain successful (THAT MEANS MORE THE A GOOD REGULAR SEASON BTW) with the cap that set apart good managment from great management. Hollands problem is that he has NO BALLS, and you rather play it safe, and win 45+ games in the reg season every year and pray to make it through a couple rds in the playoffs, opposed to shaking it up and doing what needs to be done to bring in a missing link before the post season.

****crossing fingers for a cory cross style player****

Edited by sticknmove

The Foote deal is for a first round pick... if the Avs make the playoffs it's a 2008 1st. If they don't make the playoffs it's a 2009 1st round pick. If Foote resigns with the Avs the CBJs get another pick??

EDIT: for correction/clarity

Edited by e_prime

Sorry, but I think it's ridiculous too.

There's a pinned thread that says "All trade info/discussion" yet people keep creating multiple threads for every trade that happens.

it's annoying and makes it harder to discuss anything when there's multiple threads about the exact same trade.

cry cry cry in my lonely heart thinking........youre a little girl