• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

2/23 GDT: Canucks 4, Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Stop hating on Downey you prick.

A good hit by Drake and one by Downey so far, and we created a few scoring chances... its looking good

Jesus, I am not hating on Downey. He came in late after the play after his warm ups fight, what did people expect would happen. He drew attention to himself before the game even started and the refs WILL watch him like a hawk all game. If he toes the line it will be a penalty all night. He came in to that scrum a good 5 seconds after the whistle, and they already were pissed at him for warm ups. It was in fact a stupid penalty.

At times on this board I think that some players are the golden boys and others the goats.

Sammy gets blamed for everything here, I make one comment about how Downey took a bad penalty and I'm a prick, when I said nothing about disliking him, just that it was a bad penalty.

What do I expect? Not letting a pregame scuffle determine who goes and who doesn't.

Ideally that would be what happens, but that isn't how it will go, since Downey initiated the physical contact the refs are already on him for the night, where as Burrows, who was likely just as responsible, will go unwatched since he didn't start the physical portion.

Jesus, I am not hating on Downey. He came in late after the play after his warm ups fight, what did people expect would happen. He drew attention to himself before the game even started and the refs WILL watch him like a hawk all game. If he toes the line it will be a penalty all night. He came in to that scrum a good 5 seconds after the whistle, and they already were pissed at him for warm ups. It was in fact a stupid penalty.

At times on this board I think that some players are the golden boys and others the goats.

Sammy gets blamed for everything here, I make one comment about how Downey took a bad penalty and I'm a prick, when I said nothing about disliking him, just that it was a bad penalty.

You're not a prick.....you're one of the few who don't constantly talk out their ass.

You're not a prick.....you're one of the few who don't constantly talk out their ass.

Thank you.

BTW Howie is a brick wall out there lately...

I think that he is taking this as an audition for if the Wings think he is ready for starting duties next year...I think he is passing...