• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwing_sparty

1st round potential matchups

Rate this topic

I'd rather not pick my poison.

Everybody was so jacked up to see the Wings play a team with a "similar" style in Edmonton in the 1st round of the 2005-06 season, and look what happened... :unsure:

Every team will pose a threat and if you think the Wings will win a first round series in a cakewalk because of one team over another, I'd be careful not to be overconfident.

Sorry, I know I'm not any fun...

As it stands right now, its Sharks/Ducks in round 1. It would be nice if it stayed that way. Would probably be a physical series and whichever team comes out of it should be pretty banged up.

Exactely what i was thinking. Hopefully they can play two equally physical teams in the first two rounds.

I'm hoping the wings play nashville, because playing a 100% healthy colorado team scares me. Although i have no doubt the wings can take them, but you never know with all the injuries wings usualley see come playoff time.

Edited by tommingthepuck96

From what I have heard from Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond the other day, they said that the most ideal matchup for the Wings would be3 Nashville, due to the proximity/travel time. I would have to agree. There's no reason to wear out the boys travelling in the first round. Personally I believe we face Vancouver, which wouldn't be all that bad.

Unfortunately, the way SJ is playing, they are spoiling the Sharks-Ducks dream matchup for us. :angry: (maybe we ought to toss Dallas a point on Thursday ;) ).

Yeah it's tough to pick your poison because it could backfire on you. However, starting out the postseason flying back and forth to the West coast would be bad (good for me because of the time zone but tough on the team). Therefore, I would pick Nashville, Colorado, or the Wild also. I would rather not play Calgary again in the first.

I think if the Wings are playing at the top of their game they can beat any of the lower 4 seeds no matter the final order. We have to hope the Ducks win just enough to keep them in the 5th spot too.

While our schedule is a snoozer for the rest of the season, it is fun to watch the other divisions battle it out and have the standings change every single day....

It would be really awesome if somehow Phoenix squeaked in to the 8th spot. While Bryz could easily get hot and any team can beat anyone this year, we probably match up best against them. It would also be great be cause I could finally go to a Wings playoff game, and I think Glendale (Jobing.com) Arena would be a really exciting place with a packed house and lots of energy, it'd be a great place to watch a playoff game, esepecially with 50% wings fans.

It would be really awesome if somehow Phoenix squeaked in to the 8th spot. While Bryz could easily get hot and any team can beat anyone this year, we probably match up best against them. It would also be great be cause I could finally go to a Wings playoff game, and I think Glendale (Jobing.com) Arena would be a really exciting place with a packed house and lots of energy, it'd be a great place to watch a playoff game, esepecially with 50% wings fans.

YEAH MAN! :thumbup: I'm a brand new Coyotes fan for just that reason! GO YOTES! Until you squeak into the playoffs, that is....

What about Minnesota? We always play well against them, and they're not in the Pacific time zone, so I wouldn't have to stay up till the sun rises to watch overtime games finish. It would be an ideal matchup, which I don't see lasting any longer than 5 games.

The Avs could be a dangerous matchup for you in the first round IF they can get healthy. Especially the way Theo has been playing as of late. He's been looking like the Theo from Montreal.

totally agree, except you mean 75% wings fans.

Guest CaliWingsNut
ROUND 1

Detroit (1) def Colorado (8)

Dallas (2) def Vancouver (7)

Minnesota (6) def Calgary (3) (CAL will win)

San Jose (4) def Anaheim (5)

New Jersey (1) def Philly (8)

Montreal (2) def Boston (7)

Ottawa (6) def Carolina (3)

NY Rangers (5) def Pittsburgh (4) (PIT will win, if healthy)

ROUND 2

Detroit def Minnesota (CAL)

Dallas def San Jose

Ottawa def New Jersey

NY Rangers def Montreal (PIT wins)

ROUND 3

Detroit def Dallas

NY Rangers def Ottawa (OTT > PIT)

ROUND 4

Detroit def NY Rangers (OTT)

Added my opinions...