• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/13 GDT: Red Wings 5, Stars 3

Rate this topic

This one should be one heck of a game. Also, apparently Helm got the call to head up for this game, so he's probably going to be in for Hartigan. Anyway, we're going to win them all but one from here on out, so if we loose this one, we're going undefeated into the playoffs.

Wings 4-2

Kopecky

Kronwall

Zetterberg

Draper

Morrow

Ribero

Great GDT! :thumbup:

As we’re up against the might of Dallas, if Helm does play I wouldn’t expect him to play more than 4 or so minutes, similar to Filppula when he was first called up. But I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

I am taking it that Lebda got Lilja sick? Anyways, excited to see Helm's debut. If Ozzie plays like he did against the Blackhawks, Wings should be able to take this one.

So I'm thrilled for Helm and I'm pumped for the Wings.

Detroit - 2

Dallas - 0

Dats goes to 8 games for his scoring streak.

Days draaaaag on waiting for Wings games to start.

Dunno if this is a dumb question, but, why isnt Mccarty mentioned in the Game day? Is he still sore and a scratch? Was he abducted by aliens? Just want to know.

Predictions

4-2 Detroit

Zetts, Dats, Draper, Stuart

Guest Jeremy88
Dunno if this is a dumb question, but, why isnt Mccarty mentioned in the Game day? Is he still sore and a scratch? Was he abducted by aliens? Just want to know.

Maybe Babcock is actually smart and realizes that McCarty is a Has-Been and will not benefit the Red Wings in any way.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Maybe Babcock is actually smart and realizes that McCarty is a Has-Been and will not benefit the Red Wings in any way.

Or maybe you could actually read as to why and had found out he's injured. He is expected this weekend at the earliest.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Wings > Dallas 4-1

Z(2), Dats, Lids

Morrow

Edit: I'll stay with this prediction, but I almost wish we let Dallas win this one, to keep down the Ducks below the top 4.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Guest Jeremy88
Or maybe you could actually read as to why and had found out he's injured. He is expected this weekend at the earliest.

Ahh...well...whatever keeps him off the ice.

McCarty coming back will do nothing. He won't score goals, he won't be as good as an enforcer as Downey is, his physicality won't be enough to help the team. The guy is washed up...and yeah, it's a nice heart-warming story for the media, and he might help fill more seats, but in the end, he's not going to do anything. You guys think Lilja and Samuelsson turn the puck over a lot...I honestly don't think McCarty will be much better. He's useless, and should retire. He isn't the player he used to be...

Now D-Mac may come out and actually do something, and if he does, I'll shut my mouth and let everyone tell me I was wrong...but I don't expect I'll be wrong.

This isn't 1998...we don't need all the old players that we got rid of. Lidstrom has been able to stay consistent and perform at a top level, Draper and Maltby have been able to stay mildy competitive, but their roles are more of a defensive role...and they do that pretty well. We didn't need Drake, we don't need D-Mac, we don't need Shanahan, we don't need Fedorov, we don't need any of those guys. They are no longer capable of contending for championships...it's 2008...not 1998.

Who's Helm? Some light shedding would be great....... :D

Helm is a rookie left wing at Grand Rapids. 11 goals and 13 assists in 59 games. 28 pims. He's a grinder but not real big. His biggest asset is his speed.

Lets go Red Wings! I have found Dallas games to be especially exciting (considering we were on the winning side for 2 of 3). Lets close out this series with a bang!