• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Pronger Suspended 8 Games

Rate this topic

That is what makes me hate him so.

Last year he was on one of those late-night shows with the Cup. I really tried not to watch as it was making me sick. I was at the bar with a non-hockey-fan friend, and I was explaining the hit on Homer to her and how he excused himself by saying he's too tall to know where his elbows are (Hey, Pronger, they're standard equipment- get used to them). As I was explaining this, they showed the hit on McAmmond, and Pronger was laughing about it! I got so upset that the hockey-fan bartender had to settle me down by giving me a free drink, which was cool of him.

That's why Pronger gets me. He does these things, gets away with it (or, in this case gets a slap on the wrist), and gets more cocky about doing it again.

I don't wish bad things on people, but if he gets what's coming to him in a clean fight or a case of karmic retribution (think the Yzerman hit), I'll be cheering.

Personally, I have more respect for someone who makes a bad decision in the heat of the moment and realizes it later, and regrets what he did. Pronger will only issue an apology if it suits his purposes, and I would bet he'd be smiling through it.

Insert nasty words of your choice here: I'm at a loss for them.

Wow. So I guess there is some good in Pronger. :lol:

Wow. So I guess there is some good in Pronger. :lol:

Nah, it just means there is some good in my Penguin-fan bartender.

He's not a band-wagon Pen fan. He's been a fan since long before Crosby, so I respect him.

Happy b-day, BTW.

One of only a handful of players in the league that would stop me from rooting for the wings if he played for them. He is classless. If other GMs had any class he would be a free agent in no time, and never get back in the NHL. He belongs in the movie Slap Shot, not the NHL

Another gem from a Ducks fan...

"Kesler instigated the "Stomp" and should be given something for intent to injure." -- mywifeluvsteemu

There is nothing in his post to indicate that he's joking. I can only conclude that this idiot is a master at being unintentionally funny.

Another gem from a Ducks fan...

"Kesler instigated the "Stomp" and should be given something for intent to injure." -- mywifeluvsteemu

There is nothing in his post to indicate that he's joking. I can only conclude that this idiot is a master at being unintentionally funny.

... let me see if i follow this logic ... kesler initiated the contact that led to the skate stomp, so he should be penalized for attempting to injure ... himself? that definitely deserves 30 games :lol:

well it was obviously Keslers fault he put his leg below Prongers skate... should have known better, that beast can't control his actions.

Edited by OsGOD

I'm so sick of all this Pronger bashing in this thread.

Pronger suspended for 8 games? More like the Ducks should get an automatic 8 wings for what Pronger is having to go through. You guys just don't understand the challenges Pronger faces. Shame on all of you.

Pronger is 6'6'' and ~240 pounds. He isn't of normal height and is clearly overweight. How would you guys feel if you were born with this affliction? Because of his abnormal weight and size, he is constantly being picked on by all of the other hockey players. They do nasty things to pronger like head butt his elbow, or try and trip him by putting thier legs under his skates.

When players head butt other players, they usually get thrown out of the game! But when they use their head to make contact with Pronger's elbow, oh well that's Pronger's fault isn't it. When most players put their stick or leg underneath another player, that's tripping! Two minutes! But when it happens to Pronger, they say he's "stomping" on people. This is a double standard that is prejudice against players who are heavy and of abnormal size.

Honestly how would you all feel if you were born to be 6'6'' 240 pounds and were FORCED to play hockey for millions of dollars. Pronger didn't have a choice in his life. You guys did. Shame on all of you for saying bad things about Pronger. He's a hero and should be given an award for playing hockey despite his natural afflictions.

The Ducks should also be awarded for giving this poor man a chance to play in the national hockey league. What a fine organization they are.

Pronger suspended for 8 games? More like the Ducks should get an automatic 8 wings for what Pronger is having to go through. You guys just don't understand the challenges Pronger faces. Shame on all of you.

Pronger is 6'6'' and ~240 pounds. He isn't of normal height and is clearly overweight. How would you guys feel if you were born with this affliction? Because of his abnormal weight and size, he is constantly being picked on by all of the other hockey players. They do nasty things to pronger like head butt his elbow, or try and trip him by putting thier legs under his skates.

When players head butt other players, they usually get thrown out of the game! But when they use their head to make contact with Pronger's elbow, oh well that's Pronger's fault isn't it. When most players put their stick or leg underneath another player, that's tripping! Two minutes! But when it happens to Pronger, they say he's "stomping" on people. This is a double standard that is prejudice against players who are heavy and of abnormal size.

Honestly how would you all feel if you were born to be 6'6'' 240 pounds and were FORCED to play hockey for millions of dollars. Pronger didn't have a choice in his life. You guys did. Shame on all of you for saying bad things about Pronger. He's a hero and should be given an award for playing hockey despite his natural afflictions.

The Ducks should also be awarded for giving this poor man a chance to play in the national hockey league. What a fine organization they are.

When Pronger and Campbell had their convo I bet it went down some what like this:

Pronger: I've been tryin' to go legit.

CC: Of course...

Pronger: But when you're an overweight child, in a society that demands perfection, your sense of right and wrong, fair and unfair will always be tragically skewed...

[farts]

CC: Did you just soil yourself?

Pronger: Maybe.

[laughs]

Pronger: It did sound a little wet, there didn't it? Right at the end! Oooh! Heh heh heh. Let's have a smell, all right? Oh, everyone likes their own brand, don't they? Oh, this is magic! Hmmm, wafting, wafting. Ok, analysis. Ooh, smells like carrots in throw-up! Oh that could gag a maggot! I smell like hot sick... ass in a dead carcass! Even stink would say that stinks! You know when you go into an apartment building and you smell the other people's cooking on each floor and you go "What are they cookin'?" That, plus crap!

That's it? I guess it's better than nothing. <_<

Chris Pronger is one of the dirtiest players in the league and has never once truly been punished for his type of play.

That's why it's going to be very bittersweet when he pulls some crap on a true NHL superstar like Crosby or AO and the league, and it's fans, lose one of the best players in the game today.

That's the only way Pronger will learn to control his actions. Because up till now, the league is all but telling him to go ahead and do whatever he wants.

And anyone who believes that this suspension was long enough all you have to know is this; both Pronger and Burke said they agreed with the length. Burke likes to ***** and whine like a fish likes to swim. If Burke thinks it's sufficient then it's not even close to being a fair judgement.

Pronger is a repeat offender and should have gotten minimum of 15 games. It should have cost him a first round series.

The problem is, only when there is a severe injury is a proper judgement handed down. What's the NHL waiting for? A player to have an artery in their leg severed because of some idiots action before they do anything?

If anything, the PA should be all over this. Players are constantly griping that there isn't enough respect and then what do they do? They hide when a player of their's does something like this.

LMAO! Winner!

Just heard the tail end of Campbell on XM Home Ice. Basically what he said re: the suspension was:

"Well, Chris is losing more money with this suspension than Simon did!"

So apparently, in his eyes, that makes it even. He basically just admitted that stars (which more often than not = $$$) get preferential treatment. <_<

That is what makes me hate him so.

Last year he was on one of those late-night shows with the Cup. I really tried not to watch as it was making me sick. I was at the bar with a non-hockey-fan friend, and I was explaining the hit on Homer to her and how he excused himself by saying he's too tall to know where his elbows are (Hey, Pronger, they're standard equipment- get used to them). As I was explaining this, they showed the hit on McAmmond, and Pronger was laughing about it! I got so upset that the hockey-fan bartender had to settle me down by giving me a free drink, which was cool of him.

That's why Pronger gets me. He does these things, gets away with it (or, in this case gets a slap on the wrist), and gets more cocky about doing it again.

I don't wish bad things on people, but if he gets what's coming to him in a clean fight or a case of karmic retribution (think the Yzerman hit), I'll be cheering.

Personally, I have more respect for someone who makes a bad decision in the heat of the moment and realizes it later, and regrets what he did. Pronger will only issue an apology if it suits his purposes, and I would bet he'd be smiling through it.

Insert nasty words of your choice here: I'm at a loss for them.

what exactly is this Yzerman hit ive been reading about? Pronger tried to cheapshot Yzerman? sorry, but i just dont know!

oh, and i hate pronger. so much.

Just heard the tail end of Campbell on XM Home Ice. Basically what he said re: the suspension was:

"Well, Chris is losing more money with this suspension than Simon did!"

So apparently, in his eyes, that makes it even. He basically just admitted that stars (which more often than not = $$$) get preferential treatment. <_<

Campbell, how the hell does that make any sense what so ever?