Your Top 5 Fighters

Rate this topic

The top 5 fighters imo are:

Laraque

Brashear

Boogaard

McGrattan

King

However...as far as watching my back goes Laraque or Brashear wouldnt be up there if thats what we're going by. In that case theres nobody i'd want more than Boogaard, he is the definition of pure initimidation.

What's his nickname on the Wild - 'Boogar'?

That alone would scare me :ph34r:

Boogar- "He'll beat the snot out of you"....that works! But his actual nickname is the boogeyman. Fits it much better than Bob "the boogeyman" Boughner thats for damn sure! Hell he gave kids a reason NOT to be afraid at night...

My top five fighters list goes:

1. Laraque

2. Brashear

3. McGrattan

4. Boogaard

5. King

I wish I could fit Colton Orr in there somehow, because he's had an impressive fight card this year, but he doesn't quite squeeze in.

Now, as for guys who are out on the ice to protect me, McGrattan and Boogaard fill that type of role perfectly. Some of the lesser fighters like Neil and Simon, too.

My top five fighters list goes:

1. Laraque

2. Brashear

3. McGrattan

4. Boogaard

5. King

I wish I could fit Colton Orr in there somehow, because he's had an impressive fight card this year, but he doesn't quite squeeze in.

Now, as for guys who are out on the ice to protect me, McGrattan and Boogaard fill that type of role perfectly. Some of the lesser fighters like Neil and Simon, too.

I actually originally had McGrattan at 3 and Boogaard at 4 then made a last second change before i posted it. That really could go either way....cool to see yours basically exactly the same as mine. I gave a little thought to Orr at 5, but i just think King is better even though Orr had the better year so i couldnt do it. I never base my rankings on the current season alone, everything carries over from year to year. So the impressiveness King showed last year is still factored in. Which is also why Boogaard is still in there even though he was hurt most of the year. As for the protection, hell i'd even take someone like Shawn Thornton to watch my back over Laraque and Brashear. I wouldnt want someone who's reluctant to do his job.

Calling Laraque a fighter is a joke, since he's practically a grappler who will just wrestle you down and then throw puches to the back of your head. And he's horrible as an enforcer. The other night Crosby was getting run all night, while Laraque didn't do s*** about it. Yeah, I know there's an instigator rule, but when your superstar is taking head shots, that has to go out the window. Thus, he's dropped off on my ranking.

1. Brashear

2. Boogaard

3. Laraque

4. King

5. McGrattan

Doesn't necessarily need to be an enforcer, just a guy who can throw 'em. MUST be current players.

My top 5:

1. Laraque

2. Chara

3. Boogaard

4. Shelley

5. Ivanans

1. Laraque

2. Darcy Hordichuk

3. Boogaard

4. Orr

5. Godard

1. Laraque

2. Boogard

3. Brashear

4. Hordichuk

5. Riley Cote

Brashear backed down to Hordichuk twice during that Preds - Caps game. Shelley wouldn't go with him a few days prior to that, Hordichuk is very tough, not many people going with him these days.

Brashear backed down to Hordichuk twice during that Preds - Caps game. Shelley wouldn't go with him a few days prior to that, Hordichuk is very tough, not many people going with him these days.

Horidichuk is tough, but Brashear would be all over him. A small guy like that Brash would completely overpower with lefts. Brashear has turned down fights his whole career from guys he could pound, thats just part of his antics and why so many people hate him. He goes when he feels like it. Shelley and Hordichuk also have went numerous times in their career, including twice this season. Theres no fear there.

Hordichuk fights wide open, but I don't think any of the top enforcers are afraid to fight him.

Can you imagine Hordichuk vs Cote? The amount of punches in that fight would be insane.