• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

the DON'T FINE AL petition thread

Rate this topic

im not sure when, but on xm home ice bettman spends 1 hour answering calls from fans around north america. i say we all call in, one of us is bound to get through, and ask him how someone swinging an octopus is harmful to the NHL

I've never listened to him on XM before, but it is a possibility that they screen the calls before they actually go to him and he answers the fans. It's definately worth a try though.

I signed, #309.

Someone make a huge check out of poster board and write Buttman a check for $10,000 and throw it on the ice! The swinging of octopi in the stands is a good idea. DO BOTH!

Yah I just saw Don on cbc and i'm glad he doesn't agree with the decision about Al.... He's been doing it for such a long time, why is it a problem now???

It's a joke just like Bettman and his time as comish....

First off its not Al that gets fined but the team.

Heres what should happen,

Every fan in that goes to the next home game (Hopefully game 1 of round 2) should buy a stuffed octopus and we should all wave them like we have been the towels. This is just like waving the towels but its also an F U to the NHL for making such a stupid ruling in the first place.

Then

When an octopi is thrown on the ice Al should raise it in the air, the NHL said he could wave it NOT that he couldn't hold it in the air and then with the other hand have a towel or flag and wave that instead.

I hope that this fires the team up and they just go on to destroy everyone else from now on.

Oh yeah and if this is an petition I'm signing too obviously.

On a side note I have a theory as to why this has happened after 80+ years of tradition. Brian Burke who the NHL fears and bends over for complained about this last year and so I'm sure Nashville who are HUGE whiners as well complained too and seeing as how the NHL is bending over to make Nashville work has given in to them.

I hope the Wings say fine, fine us and Al keeps getting to wave the octopus around.

if people are going to sign the petition and want to be taken seriously it might help if you don't make stupid ass comments....

For example: I'm sure he's going to respond well to "Buck Fettman"

I don't like particularly like Bettman either (ok, I totally despise him!) but if you want to get your point across with the petition you need to be an adult about it.

Might as well go off on Bettman, he's not going to respond to it period.

When CBS canceled the tv show "Jericho", The fans sent 20 tons of peanuts to CBS office. Red Wings nation should send over 20 tons of Octopi to the NHL office.

When CBS canceled the tv show "Jericho", The fans sent 20 tons of peanuts to CBS office. Red Wings nation should send over 20 tons of Octopi to the NHL office.

Was that for the first time it was cancelled or the second time?

I would laugh at that one.

Great to hear that Don Cherry hates how Al can't do it anymore. He was making fun of it on CBC saying the league forbid Al from doing it because the octopus juice "might get in someones eyes." Gotta love Don Cherry!!

For the first time since I don't know when, I find myself agreeing with Don Cherry. The world must be coming to an end.

Has an online petition ever, EVER worked?

Actually, yes. Remember that whole Ticket Tax thing? There was a big online petition for that, and right now do we have ticket tax? :D

Perhaps this should be revised before sent to anyone. Just glancing over it quickly I found 1 spelling error and 1 grammatical error.

That's never good with a petition...

I'd give the ten grand to the person who whops him upside the head with an octopus and says, "Fine THIS, *ucker!"

I'd give the ten grand to the person who whops him upside the head with an octopus and says, "Fine THIS, *ucker!"

Make that 10 grand plus posting my bail plus travel expenses and game tickets, and you've got yourself a deal. I'll spring for the octopus as well as anti-bacterial soap in case I accidently touch Bettman.

Edited by 55fan

Keep spreading the word and keep passing the petition on to fellow fans. The more people who sign it the better. Bettman does not get away with ruining tradition just because some spoil sport crybaby can't come up with a tradition of their own.