No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedFX

Tennessean Article

Rate this topic

The headline kinda gives it away

Link

Here's a neat little tidbit

Even though they are within one loss of elimination the Predators appear to be weighing on the Red Wings, both physically and mentally.

"Every hit we make has an effect," said forward/lightning rod Jordin Tootoo, who supplemented his customary physical play with goals in both Game 1 and 2. "It may not bother a guy in the first game or the second game, but they start feeling it when you keep making hard checks night after night."

Too bad we can't answer their physicality. I wonder why Kronwall hasn't been throwing his body around this series?

Edited by RedFX

And Ellis adds his 2 cents into it as well. Let him talk though, we all know what happened when Vokoun opened his mouth against the Wings.

"They're a veteran team with a lot of stars, and I don't think they like it when we get physical with them," goalie Dan Ellis said. "I don't think they like the idea of a long series because that means it's going to get more and more physical."

The headline kinda gives it away

Link

Here's a neat little tidbit

Too bad we can't answer their physicality. I wonder why Kronwall hasn't been throwing his body around this series?

Wow, that's an interesting take, maybe whoever wrote that article missed game 5....?

Our team is soft physically, but I don't think Nashville is the team that has exposed that in the least bit. If we play Calgary, Anaheim or San Jose, then it could be a different story, since those teams love to hit and play physical, sometimes even dirty.

I'd love to see Downey and Lija dressed for the rest of the playoffs, just to put these stupid conversations about toughness to rest.

Sounds like the writer is just making assumptions off of Detroit's reputation without even watching a single game in this series. At no point has Nashville knocked us around. If anything, Kronner has been the one knocking heads.

Besides, they have to try to hype the game for the locals and since Detroit has outplayed Nashville for the most part, they have to make up BS to keep people interested.

Our team is soft physically, but I don't think Nashville is the team that has exposed that in the least bit. If we play Calgary, Anaheim or San Jose, then it could be a different story, since those teams love to hit and play physical, sometimes even dirty.

I'd love to see Downey and Lija dressed for the rest of the playoffs, just to put these stupid conversations about toughness to rest.

You must be starting to believe the BS that people keep repeating. Did you watch the playoffs last year? You think that Kronwall, Homer, Franzen, Lilja, Stuart, Cleary, Drake, Downey are soft physically?

Calgary, Aneheim, and San Jose huh? Seems like we hung with them hit for hit last year.

It really amazes me the number of people that spout off things like this that have no basis in fact.

Next they are going to say that we don't have any secondary scoring...

You must be starting to believe the BS that people keep repeating. Did you watch the playoffs last year? You think that Kronwall, Homer, Franzen, Lilja, Stuart, Cleary, Drake, Downey are soft physically?

Calgary, Aneheim, and San Jose huh? Seems like we hung with them hit for hit last year.

It really amazes me the number of people that spout off things like this that have no basis in fact.

Next they are going to say that we don't have any secondary scoring...

Last year the Wings were a lot more physical in the playoffs. This year they've done nothing physical as a team, other than game 5 where we outhit Nashville in my opinion. Physicality is a mentality, and we're not as physical as some of the other teams in the West. What happened last year is insignificant. Ottawa has as good a roster as they had last year, and look what happened to them.

The point is we're going to have to be a lot more physical than what we've been so far with Nashville if we expect to beat any of the teams I mentioned above.

It's all just talk that everyone loves to do about bashing the Wings, they've went from national telecast love child to red headed step child, the past couple years. Wings are 3-2 in their series and reporters and analysts are saying they might not make it out and even if they do this proves they won't win a cup well I guess going along that thought prcoess, the Penguins and Rangers are the only team that has a legitimate shot at winning the Cup. Because they won 4-0 and 4-1 respectively. Everyone else is at least at 3-2. They just need something to talk about they need to create stories.

No one has said San Jose's problems discredit them, no one has even mentioned the fact that the Canadiens are actually facing an elimination game.

I thought in game 5 the Wings carried the play, looked calm and confident and just played their game. Like a high-school girls bathroom, Nashville and everyone else is trying to create drama.

No one mentions how the Wings were at 2-2 after dropping 3 and 4 in calgary but ended up winning the series in 6 last year, no one gives the Wings a shot. They're hoping for a loss, praying for it because then they can all talk how the Wings blew it again.

Anyone who thought the Wings were gonna blow the Preds out of the water doesn't watch hockey out of their city, the Preds, like the flames are built for this. They have a terrible team that can shut down highly offensive teams by playing muck hockey and have a stellar goaltender that becomes a puck magnet. It is just that.

And enough of the Preds shouldn't have even been in the playoffs big woop so they were better then who to make it? The Blues? The Coyotes? Great accomplishment. Some bottom feeder had to make it, that is like saying you are the smartest retarded kid (not to offend anyone it's just a point). Nashville and everyone else outside of Detroit thinks it some great accomplishment to be down 3-2 in a playoff series. Well after the Wings win today they can sure be proud of it.

GO WINGS!!!

is it really uncommon to get out hit when you have the edge in shots by over 30?

the wings are puck possession. you get hit when you have the puck and you cant hit when you have the puck. therefore, the wings are getting "pushed around." because nashville has more hits. alternatively, nashville has done nothing to take the wings off of their puck possession style, so in essence, their game plan (hit, hit, and hit) could be rendered useless.

The Wings don't even need to hit. Just let the Preds score once and Radulov will go batty and take out every one of his teammates with his "we won the Stanley Cup" goal celebrations.

Lmao, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Nashville is making some hits but not huge and I think that any length of series favours us?

Anyways, Datsyuk can just dangle people into hurting their teamates.