• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

YoungGuns1340

Trade and Free Agent Game

Rate this topic

How so exactly are we going to simulate this?

If we used NHL 08, we would have to have one person controlling and simulating the games. If different people did it we'd get a bunch of different results. We'd have to have one guy controlling all 30 teams (if that's possible, I know it is on Madden). And if its not, how are we gonna handle trades, because the Simmed GM's can decline trades and all that.

Also, if we used 08, be sure to update player ratings. I say that because on my game, Dan Ellis is rated 58, Franzen is 71, Emery is like a 91, you get the picture. Also, guys like Lucic, Backstrom, and Settuguchi aren't even on the game. So that's something we'd have to figure out.

WhatIfSports.com is another possibilty. I know the Tennessean did something like this back during the lockout season.

I'm up for whichever simulator produces the most realistic results most reliably and with the most detail. Also, I'd prefer they be a "calculated simulation" rather than played, because in that case you have to take the skill of the people playing into account as well, not to mention some of the goofiness that sometimes goes on in such games. Also, using calculated simulations should go a lot faster (one person should be able to calculate all the games in a given day, take the various stats and pass them around, should someone want that tedious job.)

Also: Looking for an assistant GM for Tampa Bay, preferably someone that has a lot of all-around hockey smarts and knowledge, and isn't GMing somewhere else for whatever reason (lack of time to be the full time GM, etc etc). If there's someone that knows a lot and wants to get involved and give advice, TB would be a great place to do so. :)

Yeah I'd prefer EHM or WhatIf as well. I wouldn't mind posting all the info (results/standings/etc.), but if another advisor wants to back me up, as there will be a week or two in the summer I'll be out of town or busy.

Anyone think it would be a good idea to do a fantasy draft just for the first season we are simulating.

No. I don't think so. It would just make a ton more work for whoever's running the simulation. And then it would be too much like fantasy hockey and not "Can you do a better GM job for this team?" like is intended.

Anyone think it would be a good idea to do a fantasy draft just for the first season we are simulating.

Wouldn't it just become a glorified version of Fantasy Hockey then? I vote to keep the organizer's rules because they're unique. Instead of just drafting random guys and trying to fit them under the cap like Fantasy Hockey, I can build "my" Hawks using the 15 or so real guys (Toews, Kane, etc.) commited for '08-09, the real Hawks farm system (guys like Skille, Brophey, etc.) and then make trades and deals with all the LGW GM's and Player Agents to round out my 23-man roster and solidify my entire organization.

IMHO, a fantasy draft turns this into any old Yahoo or ESPN game... :thumbdown:

No. I move we start with current rosters

PS: Are we using actual free agents in the off season? (ie. Datsyuk couldn't be signed by anyone and Ovechkin couldn't leave Washington)

Can we please sim the first season using EHM instead of nhl08. The simulation sytem is 100x better and much more detailed with much more stats. Plus it would be much easier to do.

Yup, I think EHM would be better. Ive already changed the initial post to reflect this. Do we have a few people who are up for doing the EHM simulation?

This is just a suggestion but some of the agents are getting ripped. First there was no control on the differance of superstar/mid/journey and alot of the talent was scraped. Then randomly you put that agents get to have more and it is like a field day but guys like myself that cannot get on till 9pm and all the players are eaten up. I just think that maybe the agent thing should be rethunked. Possibly a list compiled of all the players that need agents or thunk to be needed agents then the list emailed to the agents and then through IM at a time that works everyone drafts there guys. Just an idea. Like last night I was complying my list of players which took about 40 mins but one post was made minutes before mine that was one line and claimed players that I wanted and he was givin one and me the other, but he had already made his original choices. I am not bashing him at all or the game it just really needs to be more organized for agents... Just my two cents...

This is just a suggestion but some of the agents are getting ripped. First there was no control on the differance of superstar/mid/journey and alot of the talent was scraped. Then randomly you put that agents get to have more and it is like a field day but guys like myself that cannot get on till 9pm and all the players are eaten up. I just think that maybe the agent thing should be rethunked. Possibly a list compiled of all the players that need agents or thunk to be needed agents then the list emailed to the agents and then through IM at a time that works everyone drafts there guys. Just an idea. Like last night I was complying my list of players which took about 40 mins but one post was made minutes before mine that was one line and claimed players that I wanted and he was givin one and me the other, but he had already made his original choices. I am not bashing him at all or the game it just really needs to be more organized for agents... Just my two cents...

Maybe we have a fantasy draft amongst the agents? I guess we could break up players into pools and organize the draft that way.

Another thing I was thinking is we make sure agents pick a minimum amount for each position.

Yup, I think EHM would be better. Ive already changed the initial post to reflect this. Do we have a few people who are up for doing the EHM simulation?

I'd have to sign up and stuff but I wouldn't mind being at least one guy to do it.

Maybe we have a fantasy draft amongst the agents? I guess we could break up players into pools and organize the draft that way.

Another thing I was thinking is we make sure agents pick a minimum amount for each position.

That is exactly what I was thinking... Exactly. Great idea.

Yup. Youre right. Ive changed it. Tell me what you think.

If you're gonna take off for Goals Against, I say we add a point for every certain amount of saves. (Something like every 5 or something).

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but does it really matter what agents have what players. I mean, there are no points for agents to earn, its just trying to get your player in an ideal situation.

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but does it really matter what agents have what players. I mean, there are no points for agents to earn, its just trying to get your player in an ideal situation.

Not really, but if I am going to play a game where my purpose is to deal players I want the oppurtunity to get the best players as fair as anyone else, this way it is not happening. I just think it can be more organized and fair. If thier is no purpose for an agent and just a free-for-all then I would rather sit it out.