• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Viperar

Z's goal number 1

Rate this topic

I thought Yzermans 500th came against good ol' Patrick Roy! I could be wrong though, but for some reason thats what i see in my head when i think of his 500th. anyone know?

You are correct :thumbup:

The goal he scored while falling against Pittsburgh was his 400th I think.

And no one has mentioned Valeri Kamensky's goal yet? I mean yeah, it happened when the rivalry was heated but it still deserves some credit.

This was actually the first goal I thought of when Sasha scored his last night

To this day, I find that to be one of the most overrated goals. What he did was no more impressive than skating by the goalie sideways only to bring the puck back and tap it in. It got so much notoriety simply because jumped and spun, which any hockey player above the rec leagues can do and most would have no problem making contact with the stick. The thing about that goal, is that it "looks cool", but in all actuality when you break it down it isn't that amazing. I'll take the Toews, Nash or Z goal this year way before that one.

No offense to Zets but did anyone else thing that the entire goal was an accident. I really don't think he was doing anything other than putting his stick on the ice to keep from falling over.

wtf?!?! no, it was not an accident.

No offense to Zets but did anyone else thing that the entire goal was an accident. I really don't think he was doing anything other than putting his stick on the ice to keep from falling over.

i disagree. i think he made a distinct shooting motion with his stick on the backhand, intending to put the puck on net. whether or not it was blind luck he caught rubber with his blade or he saw the puck and roofed it intentionally is a moot point as far as i am concerned.

not as razzle dazzle at nash or toews goals but certainly required the same skill set.

i disagree. i think he made a distinct shooting motion with his stick on the backhand, intending to put the puck on net. whether or not it was blind luck he caught rubber with his blade or he saw the puck and roofed it intentionally is a moot point as far as i am concerned.

not as razzle dazzle at nash or toews goals but certainly required the same skill set.

I will believe that he might have been intending to hit the puck when he was falling but I think that roofing it was pure coincidence.

I will believe that he might have been intending to hit the puck when he was falling but I think that roofing it was pure coincidence.

First, he was trying to brace his fall.

Second, now he was trying to hit the puck, but he wasn't trying to roof it...

anymore straws?

First, he was trying to brace his fall.

Second, now he was trying to hit the puck, but he wasn't trying to roof it...

anymore straws?

I believe he was falling and accidentally scored a goal. I could possibly believe that he had an idea of where the puck was and attempted to shoot it. If this is the case I don't believe he was aiming the puck anywhere more specific than on net.

So I think it was a lucky/accidental goal but I could believe he was trying to shoot it and he accidentally made a great shot.

Again, I love the Wings and Zets is a great player but I don't think this is a testament to his skill as much as it was dumb luck.

If it had been a goal by Sakic no one would be arguing with me right now.

To this day, I find that to be one of the most overrated goals. What he did was no more impressive than skating by the goalie sideways only to bring the puck back and tap it in. It got so much notoriety simply because jumped and spun, which any hockey player above the rec leagues can do and most would have no problem making contact with the stick. The thing about that goal, is that it "looks cool", but in all actuality when you break it down it isn't that amazing. I'll take the Toews, Nash or Z goal this year way before that one.

I agree. While it was all together a pretty good goal for putting a move on the goalie, all he did was spin around to a backwards skate and flip it in off his backhand. It's clear from watching it in slow-mo that he had already reversed and lifted it up with the backhand before ever losing his balance or jumping or whatever the hell happened to him there. While it makes it look cool at normal speed because he takes sort of a spinning dive right afterwards, when played slow its clear that he simply reversed and got off a backhander before falling. Good goal, not particularly impressive though.

Now, on the other hand, if that Zets goal was indeed intentional, that is some awesome s***. He was already clearly going down and he managed to get his stick on the airborne puck while flying around and launching the sucker into the goal. While I agree with a couple here that roofing it was probably as much luck as anything else, its a testament to his skill he managed to hit it at all and send it in the general direction of the net while flying.

FAIL!

I loved that goal. Unreal.

But to tell you the truth, I liked Zetter and Homers 2 on 1 goal in the first almost as much. Zetterberg skating backwards receiving the pass from Datsyuk looked sooo good.

If anyone can post a video of that, I would be forever grateful!

Hard to say if I'd rank it ahead of the Nash goal or the Toews goal. That it came in the playoffs though, makes it so much sweeter.

Glad someone at least mentioned Toews...I still prefer that one to the Nash one. And Z to both of them, of course.

Anyone who thinks Z's goal was luck or accident has zero hockey skill and has never understood how to play the game of hockey.

To break it down, if you look REALLY closely he shot the puck then looks REALLY QUICK to where the rebound is coming. This is NOT COINCIDENCE PEOPLE! my GOD.

Guest CaliWingsNut
I loved that goal. Unreal.

But to tell you the truth, I liked Zetter and Homers 2 on 1 goal in the first almost as much. Zetterberg skating backwards receiving the pass from Datsyuk looked sooo good.

If anyone can post a video of that, I would be forever grateful!

It's currently number 3 or 4 on the top 5 @ nhl.com. Z's is 1st there aswell.

Anyone who thinks Z's goal was luck or accident has zero hockey skill and has never understood how to play the game of hockey.

To break it down, if you look REALLY closely he shot the puck then looks REALLY QUICK to where the rebound is coming. This is NOT COINCIDENCE PEOPLE! my GOD.

Knowing Z this was not luck in any way shape or form! He and Dats know what they're doing 99% of the time. Very little of what they do is luck!

Knowing Z this was not luck in any way shape or form! He and Dats know what they're doing 99% of the time. Very little of what they do is luck!

Thats my point... Again, if you watch VERY carefully in slow motion, you can literally see Z looking for the puck and finding where its going. After being checked and getting turned around he see's where the puck's gonna be a throws a shot on net. Again, anyone who thinks it was a lucky goal really does not understand how to play the game of hockey very well.

Thats my point... Again, if you watch VERY carefully in slow motion, you can literally see Z looking for the puck and finding where its going. After being checked and getting turned around he see's where the puck's gonna be a throws a shot on net. Again, anyone who thinks it was a lucky goal really does not understand how to play the game of hockey very well.

As if any of us KNOWS it was intentional or not. Whole lot of certainty in here from the peanut gallery.

Looks to me like he intentionally shot it, but he never meant to roof it. In fact, if you pay attention, the puck goes in off the tender. It wasn't a direct roofination.

All IMHO, of course.