• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

betterREDthandead

World Championships thread

Rate this topic

ahhhhh s*** gave up the fifth goal with less than a minute to go.

DAMMIT. Can't even get a point that way. Well, it gives me some hope for the next rounds. I like the looks of this team....with teams like Sweden, Finland, and Slovakia looking a little rough, our chances of a medal are still pretty good. Next round is likely to be games against Finland, Germany, and Slovakia....all very winnable for good positioning in the quarterfinals.

Wow.....Norway beats Germany to make it to the qualifying round, and now Slovakia has to battle Slovenia to avoid relegation. Even more amazing...Norway's currently third place in Group F and with a decent chance to make it to the quarterfinals. Kind of a topsy-turvy tournament so far....Slovakia facing relegation, Switzerland topping Group E (for now) and Norway making some noise.

Yeah, I'll still watch Sweden play but I've given up on them winning anything. I tried to defend them a little bit at the beginning of the tournament but it's just getting silly now. Maybe with Lundqvist in goal they'll be able to steal a game but I doubt that'll get them very far. I'd be extremely elated if they make it past the quarter-final. Canada has been extremely entertaining, as has the US. Russia looks extremely bored (big surprise!) but they'll likely bring the game that's necessary to at least make it to a semi-final. I think those are the three teams that'll battle it out for the win, one of the other 'big' teams will make it, but I really doubt they'll be able to reach a final.

All credit to the smaller nations like Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, hell even Norway, who've really surprised. Obviously not powerhouses but it still shows some teams besides the 'Big 7' belong in the World Championships. Then you have teams like France and others that are just silly (poor Huet, did you see the flippety-goal Bäckström scored on him?)...

Yeah, I'll still watch Sweden play but I've given up on them winning anything. I tried to defend them a little bit at the beginning of the tournament but it's just getting silly now. Maybe with Lundqvist in goal they'll be able to steal a game but I doubt that'll get them very far. I'd be extremely elated if they make it past the quarter-final. Canada has been extremely entertaining, as has the US. Russia looks extremely bored (big surprise!) but they'll likely bring the game that's necessary to at least make it to a semi-final. I think those are the three teams that'll battle it out for the win, one of the other 'big' teams will make it, but I really doubt they'll be able to reach a final.

All credit to the smaller nations like Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, hell even Norway, who've really surprised. Obviously not powerhouses but it still shows some teams besides the 'Big 7' belong in the World Championships. Then you have teams like France and others that are just silly (poor Huet, did you see the flippety-goal Bäckström scored on him?)...

At least they've been able to put on a couple of scoring fests, first 9-0 against France and today 8-1 against Denmark. They sucked against Switzerland, though.

There's something in Norway that makes the opposing teams suck.

:D

What a game.. I can't believe we almost made it into OT against Canada!

I'm so proud of the boys tonight. They gave everything out there.

I couldn't believe it when Hansen tied the game .. shorthanded!

We'll never reach the quarter finals, but we made it trough to this round, which I didn't expect at all.

Edited by Ziggy Stardust