• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweHatTrick

Holland on NHL Hour with Bettman today

Rate this topic

I doubt he will bring it up in public.

I'm sure he has already had discussions about the game last night.

No need to humiliate Bettman any more then his refs did.

I will be looking for a make up game from the refs at the Joe,either call it right or let them play.

He will probably just use the same old hockey phrases... insert any and all use in these cases....

he wouldn't call out Bettman on the radio

it wouldn't be matter anyways. This Bettman guy is f-ng lawyer. He's making his living finding ways to cheat people around him. He would make any situation here beneficial for himself whether it is bad for hockey or good.

OOOOOO I wanna suggest a question or 2.

Me: Mr Bettman, when did you decide to become a ****** and try to ruin the greatest game around

Bettman: Thanks for your question. I think the level that hockey is at right now is the best its ever been. Thanks for being a fan

Me: Mr. Bettman what ideas do you have for getting more fans interested in hockey after the lockout

Bettman: Less sweeps, more long series' and of course games on versus

Me: Soooo how about those crappy calls in Game 5

Bettman: While Detroit is obviously the better team, both teams must remember what is better for hockey. Both teams sweeping to the Stanley Cup would be too much. I mean people expect it in the East because the East is weaker, but it just can't happen in the West.

Me: Soo you are saying if the Wings get to the Stanley Cup they won't sweep Pitt/Philly

Bettman: No sweeps are just not good for hockey. I will make sure that game 4 is officiated to what is most beneficial for the league.

Ok...this effin show is killing me. I really can't stand listening to Bettman and his bravo sierra. It's like a politician taking a debate question. Please just get to Kenny so I can turn this off before my ears start bleeding.

Ok...this effin show is killing me. I really can't stand listening to Bettman and his bravo sierra. It's like a politician taking a debate question. Please just get to Kenny so I can turn this off before my ears start bleeding.

I couldn't agree more. As some one that used to work in radio, this is killing me. This is some of the worst radio I've ever heard.

Phew...bout time.

Says guys are resting today (at home), practice tomorrow.

Then he said......

blah

blah

happy to be ahead 3-1

blah

blah

parity league, key injuries, Colorado, Philly, key injuries

blah

blah

not as dangerous offensively now as the late 90's teams but are defensively, but have to win cup to compete with those teams

blah

blah

I'm a lucky GM, started with good team, credit to rest of mgmt

blah

blah

Drivel. Nothing but drivel. Way to keep it safe. And predictable. That's what fans want to know during playoff time...why are you such a good GM Kenny?

Holy crap. Bettman actually asked him about bad calls (re: last night).

Holland said he talked to Mike Murphy. Thought Homer was absolutely in the right position, and the ref made a bad call. But 'we have the best refs in the world' and they get more right then wrong. Team is focused on game 5, game 4 is over.

Well..credit where it's due, even though it was a predictable answer.

What I would give for Holland to verbally ***** slap him.

...why not just wish that Bettmans plane would crash on the way to the interview?

...anyhow, the Wings losing Game 4 just generated millions upon millions of dollars for the NHL and both the Detroit/Dallas organizations...

...now there is guaranteed at least 3 more games at the JLA and that gave Illitch a ton of cash in his pocket as well as the NHL gets a ton of money for every game played. This is the reason, Holland/Illitch are not TOO upset about losing game 4. It's all about making the money, sure they want to win the Cup, but if they won the Cup and made a ton of cash in doing so, he hits the jackpot! If the Wings would have swept Dallas, and then swept Pitt/Philly that would only give Illitch 2 more games at the Joe, now he is at least guaranteed 2 (if this series goes 7) and 4 if the Wings win it in 7. 3 games for sure if they win saturday, and that spells lots of revenue for Wings/Stars/NHL. The only losers are the fans who had to watch that display of garbage last night by the refs...

...why not just wish that Bettmans plane would crash on the way to the interview?

Verbal Beating <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Death by plane crash. I've got to believe there's something in the middle of those two steps! ;)

Dead on with the revenue.

It's a positive (for the leagues wallets) side-effect that was born out of some really bad officiating, rather than a driving factor in the bad officiating.

Holy crap. Bettman actually asked him about bad calls (re: last night).

that has to be the most legitimate 'holy crap' ever.

get your rocks off by acting like a prick, eh?

Edited by fastballspecial

OOOOOO I wanna suggest a question or 2.

Me: Mr Bettman, when did you decide to become a ****** and try to ruin the greatest game around

Bettman: Thanks for your question. I think the level that hockey is at right now is the best its ever been. Thanks for being a fan

Me: Mr. Bettman what ideas do you have for getting more fans interested in hockey after the lockout

Bettman: Less sweeps, more long series' and of course games on versus

Me: Soooo how about those crappy calls in Game 5

Bettman: While Detroit is obviously the better team, both teams must remember what is better for hockey. Both teams sweeping to the Stanley Cup would be too much. I mean people expect it in the East because the East is weaker, but it just can't happen in the West.

Me: Soo you are saying if the Wings get to the Stanley Cup they won't sweep Pitt/Philly

Bettman: No sweeps are just not good for hockey. I will make sure that game 4 is officiated to what is most beneficial for the league.

My question is..... how could it be that Homer was in the crease but Brett Hull was not? Seems that Dallas is the lucky recipient of the 2 biggest questionable in the crease calls of all time! Before you scream about the fact the rule is different than in Brett Hull's day, just look at how far the rule has come. Its come down to... have a reputation? Get a call!