• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
starsfan13

One more thing...

Rate this topic

Im sick of the "stars suck! Pens rule!" crap. let me explain...

Pittsburgh: plays in the east.

Dallas: plays in the west.

Pitt: swept a BAD defensive team in ottawa, beat a BAD defensive team in NY in 6 games, and then beat a BAD defensive team in Philly in 5 games.

Dallas: beat the best DEFENSIVE team in the NHL in 6 games, and beat the "favorite" San Jose in 6 games only to lose to a more skilled Detroit team.

Pitt, your fans will see... Detroit has too much defense for you.

IMO, Dallas>Pitt AND Ana>Pitt.

I'd have to agree with you - the defense of the Wings is going to stifle Pittsburg. Remember how NJ shut down our wings in 95' with the trap? You hit a solid defense and before you know it, you change your gameplan and you lose.

I agree with everything you said except for when you said Anaheim was the best defensive team in the league. I think that belongs to the Wings. Even our offense makes better defensemen than most other teams.

Edited by djup

Pitt: swept a BAD defensive team in ottawa, beat a BAD defensive team in NY in 6 games, and then beat a BAD defensive team in Philly in 5 games.

Dallas: beat the SECOND best DEFENSIVE team in the NHL in 6 games, and beat the "favorite" San Jose in 6 games only to lose to a more skilled Detroit team.

There, fixed. :P

Agreed.

No disrespect to Pitt but I always felt unless a barrage of freak injuries hit, the winner between Dallas and Detroit would have beat Pitt in a good 6 games or so.

Dallas: beat the best DEFENSIVE team in the NHL in 6 games, and beat the "favorite" San Jose in 6 games only to lose to a more skilled Detroit team.

So tell me again, how does it feel to be watching your team golf? The conferences teams play in have no bearing in this conversation at all. Both are very elite conferences with terrific players in both. PIT beat Dallas in the regular season. Pit beat ANA in the regular season. Pit was also 8-1-1 against the Western Conference this season. I can agree to a point about your case regarding the Ottawa Senators. We ran into them at the perfect time. But to call the NYR a bad defensive team? Come on. Get real. They have a goalie who is a Vezina candidate. Their defense was one of the best in the NHL this season as well.

So tell me again, how does it feel to be watching your team golf? The conferences teams play in have no bearing in this conversation at all. Both are very elite conferences with terrific players in both. PIT beat Dallas in the regular season. Pit beat ANA in the regular season. Pit was also 8-1-1 against the Western Conference this season. I can agree to a point about your case regarding the Ottawa Senators. We ran into them at the perfect time. But to call the NYR a bad defensive team? Come on. Get real. They have a goalie who is a Vezina candidate. Their defense was one of the best in the NHL this season as well.

But the Rangers defence is/was very inexperienced and rightfully so couldn't handle the Pens.

That's where Detroit steps in.

The Pens in my eyes are just not a Stanley Cup winning team. I'll have a better take after game 1&2, but right now, I just don't see the heart that is usually very visible in a cup winning team.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're gonna give the wings a run, but I just think that their young guns have yet to develop in to the selfless defensive players we have on the wings.

I think Croby & Co. will win at least 1 cup in Pittsburgh if not more, but their not quite their yet.

Edited by PaVel DaTsYuK fan13

The Pens in my eyes are just not a Stanley Cup winning team. I'll have a better take after game 1&2, but right now, I just don't see the heart that is usually very visible in a cup winning team.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're gonna give the wings a run, but I just think that their young guns have yet to develop in to the selfless defensive players we have on the wings.

I think Croby & Co. will win at least 1 cup in Pittsburgh if not more, but their not quite their yet.

I respect your opinion but everything you just said is unjustifiable. This team is 12-2 in the playoffs. And trust me, watching this team all year, having heart is the last thing that this team doesn't have. They show heart in each and every shift. And if you think Crosby and Malkin aren't selfless defensive hockey players, I don't know what Penguin games you've been watching. They are tremendous offensively and just as fundamentally sound defensively. Jordan Staal has already developed into a defensive stud at the age of 19. I think the Penguins are just as deserving of a championship this year as the Wings are and that's why I believe this is going to be one of the finest Cup Finals we will see in quite some time.

The Pens are the most talented team I've seen since the Wings in 2002. In my mind they could beat any of the Cup winners since then. So yes, they are a team that has the makings of a Cup winner.

I respect your opinion but everything you just said is unjustifiable. This team is 12-2 in the playoffs. And trust me, watching this team all year, having heart is the last thing that this team doesn't have. They show heart in each and every shift. And if you think Crosby and Malkin aren't selfless defensive hockey players, I don't know what Penguin games you've been watching. They are tremendous offensively and just as fundamentally sound defensively. Jordan Staal has already developed into a defensive stud at the age of 19. I think the Penguins are just as deserving of a championship this year as the Wings are and that's why I believe this is going to be one of the finest Cup Finals we will see in quite some time.

I can tip a glass to that for sure. In the end though, I like Detroit to win it (surprise surprise) because of D-FENSE. I firmly believe that the Wings have 3 defenseman that have played better than any single defenseman on any team that the Pens have played thus far (Lids, Raffi, Kronner), as well as the TWO best overall defensive forwards in the league). I think its quite likely that the Pens are gonna go out there and try to play their game, get smothered, and then have to adjust. How well they can adjust should tell the tale of this series. Also, it is imperative that the Wings get Franzen back in their lineup. Even if he only produces at like 70% of the way that he has, it will still be plenty. The second line without him doesn't seem to play particularly poorly, they just can't get s*** done. Throw the Mule we know and love out there, and Flip, Clears, Huds, whoever, should step it up as well.

How fitting would it be to watch the greatest European born player become the first European born captain to win a Cup? I think it is in the cards.

Nonetheless, here's to the first GOOD Cup finals in quite some time with no blowouts like Anaheim last year, and no one hit wonders like Carolina or Tampa.

Go WINGS!

and tell me, sir, how has it felt watching your team practice their golf game in april for the past 10 years? Last time i checked, your team was not worth a damn until this year. So please, keep snippy comments to yourself. and yes, the rangers ARE a bad defensive team. and guess what?! so is your team. ill tell ya what, if dallas and pitt switched conferences and played the same opponents, pitt might have been sent packing in the first round again, and dallas and detroit would be playing in the cup.

and tell me, sir, how has it felt watching your team practice their golf game in april for the past 10 years? Last time i checked, your team was not worth a damn until this year. So please, keep snippy comments to yourself. and yes, the rangers ARE a bad defensive team. and guess what?! so is your team. ill tell ya what, if dallas and pitt switched conferences and played the same opponents, pitt might have been sent packing in the first round again, and dallas and detroit would be playing in the cup.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Gotta respect you sticking up for your team but you'll see. Lest ye forget, you now get to play the BEST TEAM IN THE NHL. That's right. #1, President's trophy, #3 offense, #1 DEFENSE

by the way Pitt was 7th in offense and 10th in D. Which is exactly why I posed my question in the other thread of who is going to stop Datsyuk and Zetterberg? We have Nick Lidstrom. You have nobody close to Nick Lidstrom.

This isn't to bag on Pittsburgh as they were clearly the BEST team in the East. But that's the east and the Wings were the best no matter what conference you're talking about.

Wings are deeper, especially on D (Scuderi? are you joking, we'd call up Derek Meech and Johnathan Ericsson before we'd let that guy put on a Wings sweater).

You'll soon find out how good Pascal Dupuis, Kennedy, Talbot, Hall or Letang are when matched up against the best team the NHL has to offer.

We're the best. Not Pitt, Not Philly, Not Anaheim or Dallas. Detroit is the best and you're going to find out why in a few days.

does it matter that the poster boy for the nhl is in the SCF? Do you think he got a little help to get there? I do, and I'm worried.

Yes it worries me, Bettman so wanted to send the wings a message he started with outlawing the octopus twirling. Showed up in game 4 and had his refs so ready to overturn a goal they jumped the gun and made a bad called on Homer. Bettman is bad news and dont think for a minute He wants us to win. He will go out of his way to see that Crosby wins if he can

The Rangers were one of 5 teams to allow less than 200 goals this season. That's pretty good.

Philly was middle of the road during the regular season, but somehow managed to shut down the highest scoring team the regular season saw in Montreal.

Give credit where credit it due man. Pittsburgh is not going to be a pushover.

Stats don't lie, the Stars and Pens were just about equals during the regular season in GA and GF.

There, fixed. :P

Haha, thanks.

Also, I think what you said makes a lot of sense. The Stars were a great team. Until the Wings came along.

A bit Overboard. Just because this fan doesn't care for the Pens a lot doesn't mean it has to be directly shoved in his/her face. They pulled off one hell of a run.