• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Scott Burnside's bias

Rate this topic

Relax guys, you DO realize that Burnside is covering the Penguins while Hradek covers the Wings right? They've been assigned each team to cover which is why their articles are team heavy towards the team they're covering. They said this during one of the NHL Minute clips after game 1 or 2 (can't remember which one).

Some of you need to realize that you need to cover BOTH teams in the finals and write interesting stories to gain readers. So the team that's down has more to write about as to how to come back and win instead of writing about the Wings and saying the same damn thing every time (just stay focused, stick to our game plan, blah blah blah).

We could win the cup, sign Gretzky himself out of retirement, go 82-0 amass every single individual award possible and we would still be back page material.

that's ridicilous to say because it isn't true. if you got crosby next season you would get all media hype with him even if your team would be called the Huckleberry Hounds

Okay. Continue thinking Detroit doesn't get enough media coverage. Poor you.

I am sure it must hard for a stars fan to hear about the wings, seriously go back to your own board.

Personally, I could care less what Burnside or any other analyst says about Detroit, the Pens or the series. I would rather have them spout about how great the Pens and Crosby are while watching them lose their shot at the cup than have them spew that bulls*** and have it be true. Fact is, we're up 2-0. not them. And no article, or analyst can spin that in the Pens favor.

That said... I am so effin sick of hearing about Crosby and Malkin. It's only hard for me swallow that bulls*** because our boys work their asses off day in and day out with no recognition. It's the wings that are fighting for the cup. The wings are DOING THEIR JOBS and SUCCEEDING. In my book, this is the SCF, and that deserves recognition.

The Wings actually don't get that much attention compared to other teams, they're expected to win. They get more media coverage when they're losing if anything cause it's so shocking. When they're winning, it's boring to the media. "Oh yay. The Wings win the West...AGAIN!" They got more coverage during that losing streak when Lids was out than anytime all year.

Oh...and f*** Burnside!

esteef

That said... I am so effin sick of hearing about Crosby and Malkin. It's only hard for me swallow that bulls*** because our boys work their asses off day in and day out with no recognition. It's the wings that are fighting for the cup. The wings are DOING THEIR JOBS and SUCCEEDING. In my book, this is the SCF, and that deserves recognition.

see this is what I am talking about, is that wrong? the guys are fighting for recognition but instead we have to read articles how malkin isnt performing :rolleyes:

I am sure it must hard for a stars fan to hear about the wings, seriously go back to your own board.

It's not that hard at all. Im used to it. The power of multitasking allows me to do both.

You're new, so, a quick warning. Take a read through the forum rules, please:

· Members are not allowed to dicate vocally whether or not fans of an opposing team should post here. Members that attempt to discourage fans from opposing teams from posting here will have their Hockey Discussion posting privileges suspended.

Seriously, ESPN's Scott Burnside must be the biggest Wings hater or the biggest Pens homer I ever seen. He is writing like three articles a day about his Penguins and what must be done in order to beat the Wings.

You know, I thought these news channels would be a bit more objective and all, but it is pretty clear that everyone wants to see the leagues golden darling wins his cup.

It makes me very annoyed, as the Wings barely gets any credit at all.

The pens can have the media attention.

I want another stanley cup banner in the joe. Give me that banner and the pens can have all the media attention they want.

You're new, so, a quick warning. Take a read through the forum rules, please:

right, I am sorry about it. but DallasStars poster didnt need to have such hostile attitude towards me for supporting Wings in the media.

Waaaah. My team doesn't get any credit. Waaaah.

You're a fan of the f***in' Detroit Red Wings. Your credit is hangin' in the rafters. Who gives a s*** what Scott Burnside is writing about?

:clap:

Some of you spend (not you specifially DallasStars) WAY TOO MUCH time worrying about what others think about the Wings. And that's not good.

right, I am sorry about it. but DallasStars poster didnt need to have such hostile attitude towards me for supporting Wings in the media.

My apologies for the angst. I've been (in my mind) a pretty good visiting teams member here.

I guess I just lost it haha

Waaaah. My team doesn't get any credit. Waaaah.

You're a fan of the f***in' Detroit Red Wings. Your credit is hangin' in the rafters. Who gives a s*** what Scott Burnside is writing about?

That.

..People still read ESPN?

Hradek on made an excellent point about this on XM today.

Right now, after losing two games, it's all "What's wrong with the Penguins?".

But, god forbid, Pittsburgh wins the next three games, it will suddenly be "What's wrong with the Red Wings?".

The media has more to talk about when it comes to the underdog.