Photo
- - - - -

Will the Pens' whining help them get the calls tonight?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

We have seen in the past, when someone whines enough about a particular penalty, eventually that penalty starts being called due to all the attention it gets.

Just look at what happened with Homer when coaches started to ***** about his interference. Now he constantly gets called for interference because of all the other teams constantly bringing it up.

We also see coaches in basketball cry after a badly officiated game, only to have those same calls go their way the next game. Phil Jackson is a great example of this.

So what do you guys think? Would you be surprised if we see more obstruction and interference calls against the Wings tonight than what we've seen in the past.

I wouldn't.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#2 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

- The NHL doesn't like this shutout business
- Therrien is complaining
- O'Hally's in

I'm expecting the calls to be wildly lopsided. There's a chance Therrien's theatrics will backfire, but I really doubt it.

The Wings will need to play a perfect 60 minutes.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#3 Ladsud2002

Ladsud2002

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Wouldnt be suprised if all 3 periods are a repeat of period one game one.

#4 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

I wouldn't either. But the Pens are 0-for-8 on the power play. So if Therrien thinks that all he needs is more calls, he's ignoring the real problems.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#5 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ May 28, 2008 - 07:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't either. But the Pens are 0-for-8 on the power play. So if Therrien thinks that all he needs is more calls, he's ignoring the real problems.

haha normally blunt facts don't make me laugh

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

I really hope tonight isn't poorly or unfairly reffed. What a crappy way for Pittsburgh to win. Only makes them look worse, I think, having to be handed goals.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

I would say that based upon Babcock's pre-Game Press Conference comments today regarding the matter, that the League has not taken kindly to Therrien's whining, and have advised him of that fact in their meeting this afternoon.

Anyway....

Go, Wings, GO!!!!

#8 Yzrmn19

Yzrmn19

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

I really dont know which way it will go. I would like to think that since its the finals they would just call the game as it is but it is the NHL so who knows. I am a little afraid about this obstruction business, I hope they dont start calling phantom calls on that one.

Also, not that he would disclose all that was said, but Babcock in his press conference today said that the league met with both teams and most of the meeting was about head shots.....and we all know what team that applies to.

#9 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

I expect the calls to go against the Wings tonight. I'll be shocked if they don't, frankly.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#10 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

I don't think the whining will have a difference, simply because O'Halloran is in, and anything beyond what he usually does would be justly identified as rigging.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#11 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

Penguins on NBC primetime.

You dont think the officials have been "talked to" about the Wings obstruction.

I would almost bet my house the NHL will give Crosby their posterboy a chance to showcase his powerplay "skills" all night long.