• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

You think Pens Fans are the worst?

Rate this topic

for hockey, anaheim has some pretty lame fans... not only obnoxious, but plenty stupid to boot.

two of my closest friends are eagles fans... one is pretty obnoxious (to the point that it's funny) bandwaggoner, the other has been a life-long fan (poor guy) that will probably never see the eagles win a superbowl in his lifetime.

I can't remember which venue it was, but IIRC Santa Claus came out during a stoppage in play and the crowd boo'ed him.

This one gets overplayed a bit on sports talk shows - and it was a long time ago - but the legend has stuck. From Wikipedia:

The most infamous example was the "Santa Claus Incident," on December 15, 1968, at Franklin Field, in which angry fans, upset at the conclusion of yet another failed season under head coach Joe Kuharich (including first losing 11 games, then winning 2, which prevented the team from getting first pick in the next draft, O.J. Simpson), booed and threw snowballs at a man dressed as Santa Claus during the halftime show.[6]

Frank Olivo, a 20-year-old fan dressed as Santa Claus who had been drafted from the stands as an ad hoc replacement for the scheduled Christmas pageant, was the target of the crowd's anger.[6] As Olivo recounts, fans threw snowballs at him after he reached the end zone, shouting that he made a poor Santa. Olivo was interviewed years later by NFL Films, recalling the incident with a smile, saying that he thought the whole thing was humorous.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
alright bro, i changed my post so that it doesnt reflect anyone other than myself. You are no longer included in my post seeing as we share different defintions of trolling. To me, posting videos that mock, make fun, or take away from the skill of the red wings players, and than the same person implies that their player is the star of the NHL and that noone else comes close....that to me is trolling. Than calling other people "asshats" for having a different opinion on a board that you are a visitor on....again that is trolling to me. But i can understand how you can not label that trolling, so im not going to argue with you about. I guess we will agree to Disagree because the last thing i want to do is make the "doggy" Angry. You wont like him when he's angry!

Thats why the pens fan in the video totally gave credit to the wings for destroying the pens in the first two games... Did you even watch? its to show how fun loving and mild mannered we are.... he also commented on how he loves the pyro techs

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
that's universal...several years ago I went to a pre-season Pats/Eagles game in Foxboro with a few friends, one who was legally blind and developmentally disabled..not to be mean be it was obvious by looking at him..well the Eagles got hammered in that game and as we were walking back to the car... I had to endure several '***" comments as I had to hold my friends arm to navigate through the crowd and the dirt parking lot..not to mention about three guys spilling beer on me intentionally on the way out...and one guy right behind us literally YELLING in my ear : "Ricky Watters SUCKS!!, Charlie Garner SUCKS!!" etc...

^^ Similar case with my brother :( except it was a Steelers vs Browns game... in cleveland

and the worst part was that I would have hoped that other people, even Pats fans would have please asked the guy to stop being an ass, but nobody said anything...

Whenever the Flyers are in Boston, I always go to the games..and when they lose things are just as bad..."Gagne's a *****!!", "Hey anybody wanna get some cheeseteaks? HA HA HA!!!"...

and when I don't react, they get plain nasty..and inappropriate, making comments about/ to my wife and such...

I have a friend who is a huge Balt Ravens fan..and he once went to Pitt to see a game..the Ravens won..and on the way out, people were throwing stuff at him, one guy literally threatened him with violence saying "If you ever wear that shirt in my town again, I'll f##king KILL you!!"

^^ yea some douches that go to steelers games are totally asshats

So you see idiocy is not unique to one city/location...

on the flipside, the best had to be one game in Boston when the Flyers lost.. (during JOni Pitkanen's rookie year)I was leaving while enduring the typical "They suck" comments..in front of me was a group of about 5 kids , must have been 10-12 yrs old in their school hockey Jerseys..one moron yells at me "Pitkanen SUCKS" and these young kids tore him a new one!!

^^ Ahaha...I went to a Bruins vs MTL game and these 10-13 year old kids were throwing stuff on the Bruins in the penalty box

They were like "You don't know what you're talking about!! JOni is an awesome d man" and "Joni's the best" :lol:

shut that moron right the hell up!!

Edited by NumbaSixty-Six

alright bro, i changed my post so that it doesnt reflect anyone other than myself. You are no longer included in my post seeing as we share different defintions of trolling. To me, posting videos that mock, make fun, or take away from the skill of the red wings players, and than the same person implies that their player is the star of the NHL and that noone else comes close....that to me is trolling. Than calling other people "asshats" for having a different opinion on a board that you are a visitor on....again that is trolling to me. But i can understand how you can not label that trolling, so im not going to argue with you about. I guess we will agree to Disagree because the last thing i want to do is make the "doggy" Angry. You wont like him when he's angry!

Takes more than that to make me angry, little fella.

The videos were funny. I dunno, perhaps the difference between you and I is I have a sense of humour. I don't mind taking the piss out of myself. Maybe he's been an arsewipe in another thread I don't know - but I just think you're all being way too harsh on the guy in this one. So ease up, turbo.

Dare i say i like Anaheim and their coach better then the Pens and theirs?

Atleast Anaheim didnt cry like a bunch of school girls.

Mainly because Anaheim fans aren't aware that they've been knocked out. They're still watching the Lakers. But I do have a lot of respect for Carlyle.

I lived in Philadelphia during the Domi pounding the fan in the penalty box incident. Shortly after that happened, the fan who attacked him was on a radio station and asked Domi to participate in a charity boxing match between himself and Tie. Domi replied with something along the lines of "i'm not going to push the fame of a drunken fan who violently attacked an athlete during a hockey game. You can get in the ring and play with yourself for charity." The "charity box" obviously didn't happen, but I gave props to Domi for calling him out for being a drunken idiot.

I've always thought Colorado fans were the worst.

ahem, I beg to differ :)

I am a little biased though, but I've followed the avs since I went to a game their very first season and loved them ever since. I can't speak for all of them, but I don't think we're the worst. The only team I love to badmouth is Anaheim... but I feel like Colorado has pretty good fans overall.

for hockey, anaheim has some pretty lame fans... not only obnoxious, but plenty stupid to boot.

Some of the worst fans I have ever seen were actually the Red Wings fans at the Ducks/ Wings series the year we swept them... I thought it was pretty funny that they managed to make a bonfire with the t-shirts given away at the game, but I thought it had gone too far (for sure) when they were stealing and tricking little kids to add more fuel to the fire ... but sports will always have its hecklers.

Personally, I have always thought that Raiders fans were the worst of any sport...

Mainly because Anaheim fans aren't aware that they've been knocked out. They're still watching the Lakers. But I do have a lot of respect for Carlyle.

Lakers aside... really, you like the Ducks more?

Really, I give lots of credit to the Pens, sure I have seen a few things I don't like in the finals, but its the freaking finals!

Franzen gets sucker punched in the face... Pronger does that on his way to breakfast.

I really think its time for people to take a chill pill, I am not saying people should like everything about the Pens or their fans, buts seriously.

AND SINCE IT NEEDS REPEATING: Sidney Crosby is the new face of the NHL.

That doesn't make him the best player, but them are the facts.

Lakers aside... really, you like the Ducks more?

Really, I give lots of credit to the Pens, sure I have seen a few things I don't like in the finals, but its the freaking finals!

Franzen gets sucker punched in the face... Pronger does that on his way to breakfast.

I really think its time for people to take a chill pill, I am not saying people should like everything about the Pens or their fans, buts seriously.

AND SINCE IT NEEDS REPEATING: Sidney Crosby is the new face of the NHL.

That doesn't make him the best player, but them are the facts.

Not at all. I hate the Ducks. Just pointing out they don't actually have real fans.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O_i_I9UM2yA

Flyer fans.... Don't even know what icing is in hockey but they know "cindy sucks" I'd be thankful your playing the penguins and not the flyers

Best fans in the NHL :

^^^^ Thats why Z isnt the face of the NHL (or anyone else for that matter)

Pens fans might not be the classiest for long!: http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB2/v...pic.php?t=25549

dude how many topics are you gonna make of this crap? seriously get over it already, everyone just puts you in your place anyways. Therrian is a b*tch he complains and b*tches just like crosby EVERYONE knows that not only red wings fans. no matter how many times you try and make a point we are still gonna see you as a complainer just like your team. just stop man.

FD, what was the Santa Claus incident?

I forget the year, but it was an Eagles game..and the Eagles were having a mediocre season and were losing badly in this particular game..then Santa comes out and starts waving at the crowd who proceeded to pelt him with snowballs...kind of funny in retrospect..something you might see in Monty Python..but at the time it was a media feast "PHilly fans boo Santa Claus"

Still though, not as bad as Giants fans who threw snowballs at the Chargers sideline during a game, hit one of the assistant coaches, and he had to be rushed to the hospital

Then more recently there was the Caps writer :

In response to a Washington Post column about the Flyers fans that read "women and children could be security for Megedeth," lead singer Dave Mustaine sent a videotaped message of support. He wore Jason Smith's sweater.

I love that man (Dave Mustaine)..umm..not literally!!

Edited by flyerdog

dude how many topics are you gonna make of this crap? seriously get over it already, everyone just puts you in your place anyways. Therrian is a b*tch he complains and b*tches just like crosby EVERYONE knows that not only red wings fans. no matter how many times you try and make a point we are still gonna see you as a complainer just like your team. just stop man.

If any of us acted like him on the Pens board, we would have been banned a long time ago.

Thats why the pens fan in the video totally gave credit to the wings for destroying the pens in the first two games... Did you even watch? its to show how fun loving and mild mannered we are.... he also commented on how he loves the pyro techs

Oh i definetly watched the video. every compliment he made he followed up with an insault taking away everything from the compliment he just said. He liked the pyro but dogged on the music. He said we played awsome in the first two games but followed that up with the insault of calling Zetterberg Jake Gyllenhaal for some reason? Than followed that up by that spoof on Z. Yeah i watched the full movie. Thanks though. fun loving and mild mannered righttt....you can try and convice us over and over again, but its pretty obvious by the responses that you have gotten from everyone else that no ones buying your koolaide so quit trying to sell it.

On your board there is probably 1 user where you can actually have a realistic hockey conversation for more than 30 seconds without them saying "Detroit Sucks". All I read is "Detroit smells", "they can't sell out because there in the ghetto". And then I blocked the website from my computer.

BTW the Pittsburgh sports radio blows ass, they set it out to be the North Americans vs. the Europeans. When I first heard this I was first laughing my ass off. But then I realized they were serious. They actually had a long segment explaining how Detroit were the bad guys because of the Europeans and how the Pens were the saints because of the North Americans. If thats the case hand over Gonchar, Hossa, and Malkin.

Edited by Coolio Mendez

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
seriously, people lose thier cool here sometimes but its by far the best forum with the most class.

Every post I've read of yours is a classless flame... honestly just stop posting in my threads if you don't like me... or disagree with some class... not middle school name calling

EDIT: And I will defend my calling on a few people here... when I said they were asshats, Tools.... I don't think/mean for it to be that offence as: B*tch, P*ssy, *** faggit, ugly fu*ker, ****** bag

Edited by NumbaSixty-Six

Every post I've read of yours is a classless flame... honestly just stop posting in my threads if you don't like me... or disagree with some class... not middle school name calling

EDIT: And I will defend my calling on a few people here... when I said they were asshats, Tools.... I don't think/mean for it to be that offence as: B*tch, P*ssy, *** faggit, ugly fu*ker, ****** bag

wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah :no: just ignore me then get over it man not everyone is gonna be nice.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

I think I might have took it too far... When I called whats her face a skank... But I said it O well

In the grand scheme of things in my weird world, each team will have fans that act obnoxious or over the top, I don't care if it is Pittsburgh, Detroit, Phildelphia, or whatever other city/sports team. That shouldn't be an accurate sample though of the entire fan population of a specific team.

I've definitely seen a fair share of Red Wings fans in here act over the top at times (I probably have my fair share of guilt in this as well) or be hypocritical with officials, ridiculous media bias or consipiracy, or whatever else, but to tell you the truth from what I have been reading in here, I'm pretty disappointed in Pittsburgh fans overall.

Maybe I'm being too generalized and becuase I haven't read any of their media outlets or gone to any of the Penguin sports forums, but from what I have been skimming in here about reactions to their fan base, I'm pretty disappointed in them. Complaining, complaining, complaining it seems just like Coach Therien. Now I have little doubt that Therien is a good coach otherwise he wouldn't be in the SCF, but the way he handled himself especially after game 2 loss was pretty sad I think. When your team gets shut out twice in a row (and not just in 1-0 triple overtime games where chances are even for both teams, etc.), don't you think that regardless of the officiating and good/bad calls for either team, that either the team that beat you was far superior, or your team just flat out didn't show up? Take some personal accountability for yourself and your team. And from what I've read in here, Penguins fans seem to be following the same sad lead.

That being said, I've seen the fair share of posts of Red Wing fans in here complain about officiating etc. as well. We are far from perfect in behaving. But if you compare the demeanor I think of the two coaches in Babcock and Therien, I'll take Babcock just about every time as he'll call out himself and his players and take sole responsibility for losing. Maybe Therien does that as well privately behinfd the scenes, but his public demeanor hasn't impressed me so far.

And I'm probably being unfair to Phildelphia fans as well since I've never been there, but they get a big :thumbdown: for me as well after the Lakers beat the 76ers in the NBA Finals years ago. Lakers couldn't even celebrate on the court due to 76ers fans being obnoxious and idiotic. Always win AND lose graciously whether you are a player or fan. Am I being unfair here?