• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Chosen

NBC's Powerplay Angle From The Blueline Is Horrible

Rate this topic

CBC should have HD by next season.

Agreed on all of the above comments.

Due to the way the arena is built where the Pens play, it causes the main camera to be up higher. I hate it.

I don't complain much, but this season has really made me start complaining for stupid reasons again

NBC sucks a big one, i orginally started watching the game on NBC and the first time they pulled that stupid blue line bullshiit I switched to CBC.

I just wanted to say that I absolutely hate when NBC takes that angle from the blueline looking into the zone on powerplays. Personally I have a hard time being able to see what is happening down low, and the only way I can tell if someone scores is by people's reactions because I can't even see the puck go in the net. Not that big of a deal, but it's annoyed me for a couple of games now.

NBC sucks a big one, i orginally started watching the game on NBC and the first time they pulled that stupid blue line bullshiit I switched to CBC.

Wish I had that option....I've got DirecTV and they blackout all the NHL Center Ice channels on national telecasts. I swear if we dont win Monday and I have to hear Pee Air's squeaky voice one more game I am going to projectile vomit on the TV.

I just wanted to say that I absolutely hate when NBC takes that angle from the blueline looking into the zone on powerplays. Personally I have a hard time being able to see what is happening down low, and the only way I can tell if someone scores is by people's reactions because I can't even see the puck go in the net. Not that big of a deal, but it's annoyed me for a couple of games now.

No lie. It's like the exact opposite of what they did some last playoff season on PPs they showed a camera view a lot from behind the net and above. I aboslutely loved that view and have barely seen that one at all this season.

It's actually a decent angle to see the way teams set up their plays and when the puck is near the blue line, but once the puck gets moved low, I agree that it's difficult to follow. I don't have the anger some here seem to, but I don't think the angle is that great if the puck gets deep.

Agree! It is awful, especially at crucial points in the game, like that 5 on 3 yesterday. At that level of nervousness the last thing you want is not seeing the puck. The angle from behind the net is much better but still not as good as the ordinary one. These should be used for replays only.

CBC's HD is soooo much better than the HD that NBC claims to have. Or at least thats how it looks thru my satellite provider. I wont watch NBC because of the horrid blue line camera angle!!

Our household hates it as well! While I compliment the out of the box coverage, test the market before doing something different.... especially on national coverage!

I actually like it and can see things much better in that angle.

Looks like I'm the only one. :unsure:

Let's have a hug. I happen to like that angle.

Of course, I also mute the sound during games. I watch to see if a pointman is pinching, take a look at the 3rd forward off the puck and see which side he's moving toward, check if their goalkeep is trying to cheat it....etc etc.

Are you people watching the puck-handler? Stop it. That ain't where the game is played.

It's a good view.

I don't get the attraction of camera angles where the action is heading away from the view. I like the behind the net one. You can see the team set the play up but you can also see the net.

Networks seem to be in love with angles like that though. At least it's not as bad as the shot Vs was using during the shootout competition. Or ABC/ESPN's stupid camera-on-a-track that they use for the NBA.

Let's have a hug. I happen to like that angle.

Of course, I also mute the sound during games. I watch to see if a pointman is pinching, take a look at the 3rd forward off the puck and see which side he's moving toward, check if their goalkeep is trying to cheat it....etc etc.

Are you people watching the puck-handler? Stop it. That ain't where the game is played.

It's a good view.

yeah not that regular angle is bad, it is easier for me to get the big picture from that angle.