• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Yeah, I understand.

Is this place always like this after a devastating loss? I mean like the blaming players/refs and god knows what else?

Pretty much. It was the same way after Dallas won game 5.

Play Chelios instead of Lilja and bring up Ericcson and play him instead of Stuart... Stuart has been sloppy as a defenseman can be in the past 3 games. Helm, Hudler and Filppula had a great game tonight!!! they were the only ones still alive in the overtimes. Get some traffic infront of the net and drive to the net!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w w w . F i r e B e t t m a n . c o m

Edited by JoePuckster

I meant for a single game.

Oh God yes then.

Closing in on twice as long as the next longest GDT. There weren't enough members in '02 to make a super long thread.

*The above post is not based on actual concrete data, but rather educated guessing. Take it FWIW.

Aint it? Next time tell your boys that you have to win 16 games for the cup instead of 12. Hope Modano enjoys his Shiner Bock on the 19th Hole tomorrow. SCOREBOARD.

Quality post. And another golf reference...almost didn't see it coming.

Only one team can win. Your guys have a good shot at it. I dont have to defend my team in anyway to you or anyone else here. The only thing worse than winning 12 would be to win 15. Think about that.

doesn't the penguins have their own forum?

i'm all out for oppondants fans being on here but the fact you came to gloat after the game is over is just your way of rubbin it in and its some what annoying and hillerious considering we are still in the drivers seat.

are you just doing it while you can cause you know it will end bad for ya team?

thats the only reason fans usually do the trolling.

I'm not gloating. I'm not a troll.

If you want to find fault as to reasons why you lost, look at your team, stop looking elsewhere,

that's all I am saying.

I can't speak for other pens fans, they do what they want.

We lucked out tonight. Plain and simple. lets see what happens in the next game.

Stuart was HORRIBLE tonight. He's so weird. Some games he's good as hell and some games I cringe every time I see #23 on the ice. I'd have to watch it again, but on Pitt's second goal, I want to say Kronwall was going to go help Franzen in the corner but he had to cover the front of the net instead because Stuart had another one of his LEEEEROY JENKINGS hits where he goes flying out of the picture for no reason....

Lotsa guys could've played better tonight and we still dominated that game. I really don't see that team beating us two more times in a row. It's obviously closer than we'd like it to be, but I still think we're just fine.

Word.

So it was written, so it shall be done.

The only thing worse than winning 12 would be to win 15. Think about that.

I don't agree with that. Maybe at that moment and for the next couple days, yes, but in the end, anything from 0 to 15 wins all means the same thing- jack s***.

And this is my 200th post of this GDT. I need to kill myself now.

Play Chelios instead of Lilja and bring up Ericcson and play him instead of Stuart... Stuart has been sloppy as a defenseman can be in the past 3 games. Helm, Hudler and Filppula had a great game tonight!!! they were the only ones still alive in the overtimes. Get some traffic infront of the net and drive to the net!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way Cheli instead of Lilja -- Watch Cheli's play the last 10 games of regular season and first two rounds. He's been phoning it in bigtime. But, I agree Ericsson for Stuart.

Cheli's looking to win a cup and go out on top.

Only one team can win. Your guys have a good shot at it. I dont have to defend my team in anyway to you or anyone else here. The only thing worse than winning 12 would be to win 15. Think about that.

Last I checked 15>12 .... You're right -- U don't have to defend Stars ... after all they couldn't defend Turco either.

I don't agree with that. Maybe at that moment and for the next couple days, yes, but in the end, anything from 0 to 15 wins all means the same thing- jack s***.

And this is my 200th post of this GDT. I need to kill myself now.

haha word. To each his own.

Im gonna play some NHL 08. Night.

Aaaaaah, so now it's a matter of hypotheticals and what ifs.

Get real. Babcock could have whined and stamped his feet in round one after the second Predators win but he didn't. I can't say I've *EVER* encountered an instance where Babcock has. Hell, I don't even think anyone on the Avalanches' roster did when they were dealt similar losses.

Av's new they were and inferior team though.

I wish we didn't even show up and make a comeback during this game.

I'd be more content if we lost 4-0, because then we would have come out in game 6 like we did against Dallas.

Now, everything is different, because we gave them everything, and I don't know how much we have left.

They aren't taking Stuart out to play a rookie with 8 NHL games to his credit. Ericsson was impressive when he was in there, but the regular season is just a wee bit different than Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

The good news is that Stuart sucked tonight, so that means he'll be good in Game 6. Just watch out if it goes 7. That's a schizo player right there....

just a question if a game 7 doesnt happen and you bought tickets for a game 7. Do you get a refund or do you just bite the cost

If you buy it from the organization or TicketMaster or whatever, you get it refunded or applied to the cost of next season's tickets I believe. If you buy it on Stubhub or something like that, I'd imagine you're screwed.