• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

Thought it was similar to the first period of Game 4. I was saying the same thing, not enough shots and the ones we were taking weren't quality scoring chances. Lack of intensity and so many turnovers by the defenceman.

Filppula and Helm were IMO our best forwards. Lilja looked good on defence and Lidstrom carried the puck up ice a few times which was good. Rafalski, Kronwall both played sloppy periods but that's what I've come to expect from the former.

Take more shots, start playing with some intensity, start hitting and getting the crowd involved. I'm still confident as 1 goal will completely change the course of this game, Pittsburgh will feel the pressure if and when we get one.

we can turn it arond, I know we can, it's just a matter of if it'll happen or not, we've made a few great plays but can't connect(ie helm breakaway, flip in the sot wide open, etc). If the wings keep it up, they can get two quick ones easily, they just have to make sure they shut down the pens offense while doing so. I mean, one goal, we're right back in it. Lets all hope for a much better period, but stop getting so down, it's only the end of the first.

There are two things going on in these change rooms right now:

1) The Pittsburgh Penguins are getting comfortable. They believe they have this game. None of them understand what Massive Tool is saying, either which is a huge advantage. Or maybe not, because he can't coach.

2) Mike Babcock is throwing chairs at players. They are getting angry and are gonna come out hungry in this period.

In this period there will be at least one total goal in favour of us. Pittsburgh will NOT score a goal this period, or hell, for the rest of the game.

Resulting in... "The Wings will win this game!"

Edited by cirov19

LOL how was that the worst period of the playoffs?

RELAX. Those goals were both flukes/luck.

#1) Osgood did not know were the puck was.

#2) Kronwall scored on his own net.

The only way the Pen's can score is by flukes.

They don't have to score anymore.

Guest LivingtheDream
Our boys were extremely nervous in the first period. They have all the pressure on them. Come 2nd period, it's all Wings. Trust me. We are fine, and we WILL win this.

I know what you mean. I feel calmer then the entire playoffs. I hope this is what is going on in the locker room.

The Wings are going to step it up a notch and show the world why they're the best team in hockey. I expect a gradual erosion of Pittsburgh's dominance as the Wings take over play and score 3 unanswered goals to take the lead by early 3rd.

They'll win this one for me...because I'm working and won't be able to see ANY of the next two games, if they happen. And nothing would piss me off more than putting in over 300 hours this season watching the Wings to miss the conclusion.

So win this one tonight boys!

breif summary...wings start well get a couple chances on the pp...get another PP, O'Hallaran screws us out of that and we fall apart.....great goal from hossa after poor turnover by ralf, and mental own goal from kronwall (if we could shoot that well at the other end itd be 2-2!). We look tight, and have strayed from the fundamentals, spurning opportunities to shoot..1 really good save from fleury, the rest making him look good...

1) The Pittsburgh Penguins are getting comfortable. They believe they have this game. None of them understand what Massive Tool is saying, either which is a huge advantage. Or maybe not, because he can't coach.

2) Mike Babcock is throwing chairs at players. They are getting angry and are gonna come out hungry in this period.

There will be at least one total goal in favour of us. Pittsburgh will NOT score a goal this period, or hell, for the rest of the game.

The Wings will win this game!

I don't see Babcock as a guy who throws chairs around.

id really hate to be in the wings locker room right now, i hope babs fires them up, and drapes and lids give a little speech to tell them go out their any play like you want the cup. Situations like these is where i miss Yzerman. Then again whos to say hes not in the locker room right now talking to the boys

There will be at least one total goal in favour of us. Pittsburgh will NOT score a goal this period, or hell, for the rest of the game.

The Wings will win this game!

for your sake :ph34r:

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COme on PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

panicyh1.gif

Panic? Hell more like apathy.....

For some reason the Wings haven't done well against teams playing with desperation in the first elimination game (I don't count Colorado becuase they were too beaten up).....

While not an elimination game, game 3 against Nashville was essentially do or die for them. Same with game 4 in Dallas.

And game 3 in this series, Detroit didn't look so hot.....

and the cycle is repeating tonight.

No panic here....but I have to say I'm not exactly shocked so far.

Not to mention of all the Red Wings to get a break away it had to be Darren Helm

Guest LivingtheDream

Honestly, if it weren't for Kronvall's dumb ass play where HE SCORED THE SECOND GOAL, this would not be such a cluster f*** in the latter part of the first. That was one momentum shift.

Agreed.

This is much like Game 3 in Dallas....Stars tie it up on a stupid lucky bounce off a Wing skate......Wings win 5-2 anyway. I'm expecting an excellent second period.

Settle. The. F*ck. Down. Period.

Boys look lost out there. Fleury came up big a couple times and we still have the "let's see if we can shatter the glass" syndrome every time we come down for a big shot. I don't fault Helm for flubbing the breakaway. Let's face it, the kid's eyes were probably as big as saucers and I'll bet his heart rate was 200 BPM. Yeah, he's a pro... but damn, not everyone has ice in their fans at clutch time.

That being said... we looked WAY nervous that whole period. Defense looked close to the worst it has all series. Leaving Hossa along like that in front was terrible. And Hall's goal was yet another crappy break as it somehow made it between Ozzie's pads. We need to start winning battles, period. The trap will be in FULL effect for the rest of the game unless we tie it up.

Man, I am pissed. This is NOT the game I wanted to see. I wanted to see Cindy get his clock cleaned and be sobbing at the end of the game. Still not too late for that to happen, but we need to see a decidedly different team in the Red and White for the rest of the game if that's to happen.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!