• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Graybeard

Knee on Knee

Rate this topic

I'm not going to go an about all the bad calls because we all saw the two bulls*** interference calls and the one where Dats got called because Staal fell on his ass. Once again the officiating just plain sucked all around going both ways and we killed those penalties so they didn't hurt us that much.

What I do have a serious problem with is the knee on knee that wasn't called. This is not some little bulls*** hooking, holding, or tripping call that was blown it was a potentially career ending dirty move that went unpunished. If there has been any single play from any player on any team in these playoffs that the league needs to take a look at for possible disciplinary action I think that was it. After looking at the replay it was more than obvious that this was NOT incidental contact. The guy was not moving his feet at all and clearly glided into our player with his knee out. Yes it's playoff hockey and I have no problem with the refs just letting the guys play through most of the little crap that goes on but crap like that does not belong in the game. We've seen too damn many good players have their career shortened because of knee injuries. Steve Yzerman and Bobby Orr to name a couple.

It was a an exciting game that was fun to watch in spite of the loss but seeing that crap go uncalled about made me burst a vein.

There were two. One on Maltby where he actually got a penalty for going after Orpik I believe.

Then the other where the Penguin skated right through Helm's leg/knee as he was trying to hold the line to stay onside.

Agreed. That s*** needs to be treated at least as severly as a highstick drawing blood.

There were two. One on Maltby where he actually got a penalty for going after Orpik I believe.

Then the other where the Penguin skated right through Helm's leg/knee as he was trying to hold the line to stay onside.

Agreed. That s*** needs to be treated at least as severly as a highstick drawing blood.

I am curious, to see the reaction if it was our guy that had (purposely/inadvertandly) kneed a guy on the Pens.

They probably would have either had a match penalty or the Baby Bottle gang would have filled their diapers in the PC's...

You're right, Pat, but it should have been. Watch the play...the Pens player, I forget who, sees Helm trying to hold the line, and makes a point of going after his knee.

I disagree. The Pens player is going to make a play on a Wings player along the boards( I beleive it was Drake ) and it was accidental contact. Its not a deliberate knee on knee.

Pat you need to watch that replay again because you can see that the pen looks at Helm and doesnt try to avoid his knee. That might not be the typical Kneeing call because he didnt stick his knee out but it was obvious that he intentionally him Helms knee. I dont really think it was a coincidence that Helm was playing the game of his life either.

You're right, Pat, but it should have been. Watch the play...the Pens player, I forget who, sees Helm trying to hold the line, and makes a point of going after his knee.

Bullcrap...Dupuis was taking a direct line to the puck handler....the kid had his leg extended trying to hold the line...Dupuis is NOT a dirty player

You guys are seriously fishing with this thread

Bullcrap...Dupuis was taking a direct line to the puck handler....the kid had his leg extended trying to hold the line...Dupuis is NOT a dirty player

I am not saying that Dupuis is a dirty player but direct line to the puck or not Helm was in that space, which means that Dupuis hitting him is at the very least interference. The fact that he hit Helms knee just made it that much more dangerous.

Yeah, the Penguins don't start playing dirty until the game is a blow out.

I'd love to see your reaction if it was Helm or another Wings player that did that to your Million Dollar Baby Crosby. They would have been thrown out of the game and probably suspended too.

I just want to see a nice, beautiful but yet nasty, center ice hit. Preferably on Crosby or whoever pushed Homer into the net for Game 4...

God I miss all them hard hits and hip checks from the 90's

Gimme a break guys. Helm stuck his leg directly into Dupuis' path trying to hold the line. Dupuis has no obligation to try to avoid it because he is trying to make a play and shouldn't have to slow down or change direction. That's even assuming he COULD have avoided it. It happened very quickly and it was Helm's choice to put his own knee in harm's way.

Edited by Dr Rosenrosen

Dupuis has no right to ice occupied by another player. Helm was already in that spot, it is up to Dupuis to go around him. Hitting someone away from the puck, regardless of whether or not it was a knee on knee is interference. Couple that with the fact that you can see Dupuis spot Helm, and skate directly into him, and it's obvious that there should have been a call there.

Maybe Crosby will be the victim of something like that happening, and we can all go to the Pens board, and see them saying "Draper had a clear line to the puck, and it was Crosby's responsibility to get out of the way. Clean play all around, just sucks Crosby got hurt."

I'm not going to go an about all the bad calls because we all saw the two bulls*** interference calls and the one where Dats got called because Staal fell on his ass. Once again the officiating just plain sucked all around going both ways and we killed those penalties so they didn't hurt us that much.

What I do have a serious problem with is the knee on knee that wasn't called. This is not some little bulls*** hooking, holding, or tripping call that was blown it was a potentially career ending dirty move that went unpunished. If there has been any single play from any player on any team in these playoffs that the league needs to take a look at for possible disciplinary action I think that was it. After looking at the replay it was more than obvious that this was NOT incidental contact. The guy was not moving his feet at all and clearly glided into our player with his knee out. Yes it's playoff hockey and I have no problem with the refs just letting the guys play through most of the little crap that goes on but crap like that does not belong in the game. We've seen too damn many good players have their career shortened because of knee injuries. Steve Yzerman and Bobby Orr to name a couple.

It was a an exciting game that was fun to watch in spite of the loss but seeing that crap go uncalled about made me burst a vein.

watch the replay........ your boy was spinning in the air and their legs made contact with each other....... no way it was intentional.... take off the red glasses.......... G L in game 6

Dupuis has no right to ice occupied by another player. Helm was already in that spot, it is up to Dupuis to go around him. Hitting someone away from the puck, regardless of whether or not it was a knee on knee is interference. Couple that with the fact that you can see Dupuis spot Helm, and skate directly into him, and it's obvious that there should have been a call there.

Maybe Crosby will be the victim of something like that happening, and we can all go to the Pens board, and see them saying "Draper had a clear line to the puck, and it was Crosby's responsibility to get out of the way. Clean play all around, just sucks Crosby got hurt."

let me get you a tissue

Gimme a break guys. Helm stuck his leg directly into Dupuis' path trying to hold the line. Dupuis has no obligation to try to avoid it because he is trying to make a play and shouldn't have to slow down or change direction. That's even assuming he COULD have avoided it. It happened very quickly and it was Helm's choice to put his own knee in harm's way.

What's the difference between an incidental knee-on-knee and a high stick that clips someone after the owner of the stick gets hit hard? That would be highsticking. Should have been knee-on-knee incidental or not.