• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
joey_corleone

Refs: No Accountability

Rate this topic

I can't stand how the referee's are not held accountable for anything in the NHL. If a player or coach does something inappropriate they get penalized, fined, whatever. A ref does whatever the f he wants and nobody can even challenge it.

Refs for the cup final are supposedly based on merit????? You have got to be kidding me. I mean I just can't believe that could possibly be true. The no goal in game 1 ... everybody who is anybody in the hockey community INCLUDING announcers, commentators, and even a guy I know in Pittsburg said it was terrible. Yet, you can't challenge the call. WTF is the point in having all this technology, replays, cameras, if you can't utilize them? I would really like to know what happened to the "every goal is reviewed in the war room in Toronto" bullcrap they claimed a few years back?

Homer gets molested in front of the net by Gill...at times 5, 6 crosschecks in a row right in front of the ref, no call. Cleary's breeze as he skates by the net hits Fleury and it is goalie interference? Sickening.

I'm not saying the refs lost the game for us, but I am saying that it sure seemed like they tried. Whats more infuriating is that there is nothing anybody can do about it.

I can't stand how the referee's are not held accountable for anything in the NHL. If a player or coach does something inappropriate they get penalized, fined, whatever. A ref does whatever the f he wants and nobody can even challenge it.

Refs for the cup final are supposedly based on merit????? You have got to be kidding me. I mean I just can't believe that could possibly be true. The no goal in game 1 ... everybody who is anybody in the hockey community INCLUDING announcers, commentators, and even a guy I know in Pittsburg said it was terrible. Yet, you can't challenge the call. WTF is the point in having all this technology, replays, cameras, if you can't utilize them? I would really like to know what happened to the "every goal is reviewed in the war room in Toronto" bullcrap they claimed a few years back?

Homer gets molested in front of the net by Gill...at times 5, 6 crosschecks in a row right in front of the ref, no call. Cleary's breeze as he skates by the net hits Fleury and it is goalie interference? Sickening.

I'm not saying the refs lost the game for us, but I am saying that it sure seemed like they tried. Whats more infuriating is that there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Maybe your team could try not bumrushing the net and keeping their sticks down.. Just a thought.

Throughout stages of any/every game in pretty much any sport, both teams in a game will get their share of both fair calls, good calls, bad calls, no calls, or whatever else.

Using the officials to blame for a loss more often than not is a cop-out excuse, and they certainly didn't lose the game for the Wings last night.

WORD

And I'm tired of hearing about how bad the refs are. Deal with it.

so you're saying that you're not tired of the Pens being on more power plays than us even though the same amount of infractions are taking place per side?

Bad calls/non-calls for both sides. The trouble I have is I can't understand what is and isn't a penalty some times the way the games are called. I'm beginning to think the refs have been talking to the jokers who call basketball games. No way bad calls have cost the Wings a game, but it would be nice if there were some consistency from game to game and within a game. I'm sure its harder still for the players than the fans. :battle: :flamingmad:

so you're saying that you're not tired of the Pens being on more power plays than us even though the same amount of infractions are taking place per side?

I'm saying that bitching about the refs isn't going to change the out come of the game. All it does is make our fans sound like the pens coach. I'm not for excuses and whining. I agree the refs have been inconsistent in the playoffs but that's life.

Maybe your team could try not bumrushing the net and keeping their sticks down.. Just a thought.

maybe your team could try to make the playoffs...also those interference calls, if you think those were legit, being a red wing hater or not, you need your eyes checked.

Dan o'Halloran has been shot in Detroit before. Isn't this somewhat a confict of interest? Wouldn't that be the same thing or even worse if one of Detroits players had slept with his wife or something? I am being serious here.

Sure, the refs were poor. They made some very weak goaltender interfernce calls. Yes, they missed a lot of clutching, grabbing, etc. But you can't blame them for the loss. I realize it was a powerplay goal for the Pens but it was an obvious high sticking call. That is what lost us the game.

And it's not like Detroit was exactly lethal on the powerplay anywho.

If Detroit doesn't win in Pitts, i'll be very surprised.

omfg what you talking about, look where dallas is now, you dont even have a right to speak since theyre out

/sarcasm

sorry, i bet you get those a lot, hahaha, i had to :lol:

I am never the type to complan about this kind of stuff. The way I see it, bad calls go both equally for the most part. But last night was a rare exception. In all honesty, that was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen at a professional level. This speaks millions when you are considering this is a Stanley Cup Finals matchup, and billions when you consider this is a potential Stanley Cup deciding game. I'm not saying that the refs blew the game for the Wings. There are plenty to point fingers at for last night's loss; no one deserves all the blame. All I am saying is that if the game was officiated better the output would be different, and in my opinion, in Detroit's favour.

Sure, the refs were poor. They made some very weak goaltender interfernce calls. Yes, they missed a lot of clutching, grabbing, etc. But you can't blame them for the loss. I realize it was a powerplay goal for the Pens but it was an obvious high sticking call. That is what lost us the game.

It was also an obvious high stick in game three when Lidstrom had to get stitches for the careless high-stick by the pens that wouldve been a 4 minute penalty, maybe 5 with the way his lip was bleeding.

But whos counting?

Edited by YoungGuns1340

omfg what you talking about, look where dallas is now, you dont even have a right to speak since theyre out

/sarcasm

sorry, i bet you get those a lot, hahaha, i had to :lol:

haha thats about all I got last night in the GDT. I would say the most obvious observation(some negative) and I was attacked with troll accusations haha.

Not bumrushing the net..... your an idiot, that's what your supposed to do, called "crashing the net" go learn some hockey, get rid of your blues team and start going for the pens like everyone else.

I'm actually starting to get a little sick of the attitudes on this board to be quite honest. Now, to be fair, I'm not sure if it is the same people or not, but when the Wings were winning the first couple games, there were a lot of people on here completely calling out the Pens and the Pens fans about their whining about the refs, calling the fans pathetic, blah, blah, blah.

What happens whent the Wings lose? The complaining on here gets downright disgusting and hard to read. It has been the same way for years now. I just have to hope it is not the same people complaining on both sides, otherwise we are really getting pathetic.

I don't mind blowing off a little steam about missed calls or stupid calls here and there, but I leave that to the game and during the heat of the moment. Complaining about the refs after the game is done is just ridiculous. You have to put yourself in shoes of the fans of the other team, they have reason to complain about s***ty calls to. s*** happens, deal with it. I could see where you might spill over after the game about a bad call that cost the Wings the game....a really obvious bad call, but this doesn't happen very often at all and didn't happen last night.

Sit back and realize that the refs have missed a lot of calls on both team and have a made a lot of questionable calls against both teams as well. It sucks, but it's been pretty even as far as I can tell and it normally is.

I'm actually starting to get a little sick of the attitudes on this board to be quite honest.

sorry buddy but there's a big difference between fans on a msg. board and a so-called professional coach and they're Annointed One Captain bitching in a presser when Michelle will have the opportunity to address any issues with league officials between games just like Mike Babcock does.

I'm actually starting to get a little sick of the attitudes on this board to be quite honest. Now, to be fair, I'm not sure if it is the same people or not, but when the Wings were winning the first couple games, there were a lot of people on here completely calling out the Pens and the Pens fans about their whining about the refs, calling the fans pathetic, blah, blah, blah.

What happens whent the Wings lose? The complaining on here gets downright disgusting and hard to read. It has been the same way for years now. I just have to hope it is not the same people complaining on both sides, otherwise we are really getting pathetic.

I don't mind blowing off a little steam about missed calls or stupid calls here and there, but I leave that to the game and during the heat of the moment. Complaining about the refs after the game is done is just ridiculous. You have to put yourself in shoes of the fans of the other team, they have reason to complain about s***ty calls to. s*** happens, deal with it. I could see where you might spill over after the game about a bad call that cost the Wings the game....a really obvious bad call, but this doesn't happen very often at all and didn't happen last night.

Sit back and realize that the refs have missed a lot of calls on both team and have a made a lot of questionable calls against both teams as well. It sucks, but it's been pretty even as far as I can tell and it normally is.

:clap:

Logic can be a beautiful thing, I commend you for using it toby.

They are, but the NHL does not make referee punishment public.

I might have misunderstood, but I thought in another post [i think it was the kicking at the Pens goaler] you said you hadn't seen the game?

Refs are going to make bad calls all the time, in every sport and at every level. I can accept that. But when a ref looks at the same play happen at different times in the game he needs to call them both the same way. And in a sport in a series you can't change what is a penalty from game to game. Sorry but FlowerBoy getting breathed on and collapsing and Homer getting repeatedly battered in the head is just one example of this s*** and it is BS. All I want is consistancy and so do the players so they know where they stand and what is a penaly and what is not. I don't blame the game on the ref but it is frustrating to see blatant inconsistany from game to game. I have no doubt the Wings in 6 but somebody really needs to address this in the off season.