• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MJN

Stevie Y, Still a Class Act

Rate this topic

Even with Bowman and Holland and all those top office dudes around, Stevie Y was conspicuously absent tonight or lowkey. Pretty typical. He obviously reasoned it was the new player's moment and didn't want to upstage anything as he'd clearly be the focus of interviews etc. As the first post Yzerman era cup, I say lets raise a glass to The Captain for one more great move.

Good call, Stevie did not even come down for the post championship picture. He kept himself away and let the new team celebrate. Thanks for the great work Stevie!

Even with Bowman and Holland and all those top office dudes around, Stevie Y was conspicuously absent tonight or lowkey. Pretty typical. He obviously reasoned it was the new player's moment and didn't want to upstage anything as he'd clearly be the focus of interviews etc. As the first post Yzerman era cup, I say lets raise a glass to The Captain for one more great move.

He's a stud, thru and thru. :clap:

You are right, he must have wanted Lidstrom to have his team to himself. Bravo Steve Yzerman.

It's kinda a double edged sword, no? It's cool that he's giving the new team space to celebrate, but I'd still LOVE to see him a part of it all!!

I know! As much as I wanted him to come down and raise the cup and as much as a think it would NOT have been classless at all to do so, he still gives way to the new players. What a guy, seriously.

That's the Captain for you, can we clone him?

The guy was damn near too humble to take the podium at his own retirement ceremony, so you knew he would keep his nose out of the camera's and his lips off the cup in public.

Never ceases to amaze me :clap:

They had a really great interview with him here in UK during the practice skate a couple of days ago... and I know UK doesnt have a huge hockey following but he was a real stand up guy.... took the time to talk to a pretty much nobody in the world of hockey coverage and gave a great interview. He told of how proud he was of this team and (unfortunately) how he's been off the skates for two years and doubts he can even remember how to use them. Great guy!!!

Yep, knowing him publicly over the years it doesn't surprise me at all. Out all for major sports (NBA, MLB, NHL AND NHL); only NHL has the most professional, soft spoken and still the toughest guys. NFL plays 16 games a year and I can only wonder if they could ever compete at NHL level physically. (82 + playoffs)

HOCKEY RULES. GO WINGS.

Needless to say, I have been a die hard Stevie fan all my life.

Last night i stayed up watching to see if someone would pass the cup to Stevie. My wife kept on telling me "don't hold your breath" he is too much of a gentleman to intrude on Lidstroms teams moment.

When I saw him in the press box speaking with Colin Campbell, I must admit I felt sad and proud once again...what a selfless human. He was raised right.

Way to go Stevie!!! but hey, in the next couple of days go over and have a sip.

Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie! Stevie!

It is really too bad more people do not follow hockey like they do baseball, football and basketball. Our youth could learn a lot from classy sports figures like Yzerman. We need more people like him in the world today!

Its funny that you mention that, because I said the same thing to my wife. Typical Stevie Y putting the team first and letting the new blood have their deserved moment!

BTW, job well done this year Stevie Y. Looks like your work paid off.

Anybody see if Fisch was out there last night? If we'd won at home, I would have guessed both he and Vladdy would be definitely been there.

I read he was on the ice afterwards when allt he family members were on the ice too.

Didn't see him though..