• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barrie

2008 Stanley Cup Gear Checklist.

Rate this topic

I'm sure like most of you, I have a collection of 1997, 1998, and 2002 Stanley Cup gear. Here's a list of 2008 Stanley Cup things I MUST buy to keep up my Championship collection.

1) The Championship DVD

2) The Commerative Sports Illustrated Stanley Cup Championship Issue, along either one of the Free Press or the Detroit News issues

3) A replica of the Championship Banner hung at the Joe

4) The Locker room Cap worn during the celebration

5) The team photo on the ice with the Cup

Those 5 items I have for all the previous Cups, so I MUST get the 2008's as well. I have some other stuff, but it's only one or two years, so it's not as important.

How about the rest of you, what's on your MUST HAVE list?

You can pick up the SI anywhere you get Magazines, that's what I've done. I just get the regular mag, not the hard bound book. I think you have to order the book. Whatever one you get, it's worth it.

2002's SI was $5.99 US or $8.99 Canadian, but not sure how much the book is. I don't have a SI subscription.

Edited by Barrie

I ordered the gray Stanley Cup champs t-shirt, as well as the red one with the Wings logo on the front/roster on the back. I also ordered the book that was being promoed on redwings.nhl.com. I'll get the Championship DVD as well, just not sure if I'll get it ASAP or wait to get it for my birthday in late August. Will also buy the next issue of SI (not hard-bound one) next time I'm around Barnes and Nobles near my house, I think the last issue covered only up to game 1 of the Finals so far. No hats or anything, I rarely wear hats of anykind.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I got a shirt today, I need to get the locker room hat, and I'll probably pick up the SI magazine. :thumbup: Maybe a car flag or bumper sticker too. Not sure about the DVD yet. Maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday.

Edited by wingsgirl001

You can pick up the SI anywhere you get Magazines, that's what I've done. I just get the regular mag, not the hard bound book. I think you have to order the book. Whatever one you get, it's worth it.

2002's SI was $5.99 US or $8.99 Canadian, but not sure how much the book is. I don't have a SI subscription.

OK, thanks. I think you have to get a subscription in order to get the hard-bound edition, which isn't really worth it to me. I'll probably just get the regular SI issue.

Anyways, I got the locker room shirt, the Free Press Book, and I will be getting the DVD as well as the SI issue.

For anyone wondering, the Free Press book is definitely worth it. I got it in '02 and it's awesome.

Edited by Trapt1307

i got the locker room t shirt and am going to get the dvd and SI issue. and also maybe a couple more shirts. does anyone know where to find the black championship t shirt that sammy, and franzen were wearing in the parade?

So far I've gotten:

Championship Lockerroom hat

Gray locker room T-shirt

FREEP Book: "Forever Hockeytown"

I anxiously await:

A Finals puck

The Sports Illustrated issue (not the bound book, because you have to have an expensive subscription to get that, don't you?)

Championship DVD

The Detroit News book (if I ever see it, it's not nearly as popular as the Freep)

Maybe another shirt, the black roster one

It's all a pretty penny, but it only happens once in a great while, so it's worth it I think.

Edited by VM1138

whens the dvd coming out again? i forget the date @_@

I think this is it:

NHL shop championship DVD

However, I'm a bit skeptical because it just says "playoffs" and not "Red Wings" so I think I'll wait a few weeks to order it. Release date is 7-8-08 so maybe they haven't put together the title/cover pics yet.....

Other info would be appreciated.. ;)

So far I've gotten:

Championship Lockerroom hat

Gray locker room T-shirt

FREEP Book: "Forever Hockeytown"

I anxiously await:

A Finals puck

The Sports Illustrated issue (not the bound book, because you have to have an expensive subscription to get that, don't you?)

Championship DVD

The Detroit News book (if I ever see it, it's not nearly as popular as the Freep)

Maybe another shirt, the black roster one

It's all a pretty penny, but it only happens once in a great while, so it's worth it I think.

where can i get the FREEP Book: Forever Hockeytown?

Picked up the grey Champions shirt a couple days ago. Gonna get the red shirt with the Wings logo on the front and the roster on the back (man wish they made that shirt in black as well). My brother got me the Free Press Red Wings edition paper (picked up the last one in my area). I will wait till Blockbuster has the DVD. Biggest thing on my list is tickets for opening night for the 2008-2009 season to watch the banner presentation.

i havn't bought anything yet so far...but i am looking for the black stanley cup tshirt the mule, flip, lilja etc. was wearing. ive only seen it in white and they were out of stock.

i was thinking of buying the grey locker room one, just because all the players wore it but its kind of ugly. going to be getting the hat sooner or later...

ill grab the SI magazine and a couple other things off ebay probably. i just bought a Z jersey a couple weeks back also. when the DVD comes out ill grab it off a torrent.

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct

Got the lockerroom hat and shirt (the shirt's ugly, but I'm a ***** for anything with the word "official" in it), as well as a puck and preordered the DVD that night. I'd better at least have the hat in time for my family reunion in a couple weeks, I have relatives from Chicago who told me at Christmas "hey, if we played you guys every game, we'd be 82-0!" so I want to make them eat it a little.

It's not a championship thing, but I'm also getting a Danbury Mint Olympia Stadium (http://www.danburymint.com/sports/product.asp?code=HKB-26) as part of me burning disposable income from winning the Cup. I love those things and it'll look sweet next to my JLA.

My BIG deal purchase though will be an authentic white Datsyuk jersey with the patch...my favorite jersey is my authentic Yzerman with the 1998 Cup and VK/SM patches, so I'm planning on putting this one in that category.

Gonna get the red shirt with the Wings logo on the front and the roster on the back (man wish they made that shirt in black as well).

They do make it in black. My friend has one, I'm having trouble finding it online though.

They do make it in black. My friend has one, I'm having trouble finding it online though.

Thanks for letting me know. Guess I will just be patient until I can get that shirt. Yeah the red version is cool, but I would rather get that shirt in black. Looked online a well and I have yet to see it.