No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwashington2000

Malkin to LA

Rate this topic

Translated (poorly):

Pittsburg''''decided to exchange Malkina

19.06.2008 19:53 | lenta.ru 19.06.2008 19:53 | lenta.ru

Генеральный менеджер "Питтсбурга" Рэй Шеро намерен обменять лидера команды Евгения Малкина, пишет Sun Media. General Manager "Pittsburgh" Ray Shero intends to swap the team leader, Yevgeny Malkin, writes Sun Media. Он предложил российского центрфорварда "Лос-Анджелесу" в обмен на второй номер предстоящего драфта и нападающего Майка Камаллерри. He invited the Russian center "Los Angeles" in exchange for the upcoming second issue drafta and forward Mike Kamallerri. По неофициальной информации, сделка может состояться за несколько часов до начала драфта. According to unofficial information, the transaction could take place a few hours before the start drafta.

У 21-летнего Малкина еще один год будет действовать с "Питтсбургом" контракт новичка, по которому он получает 984 тысячи долларов в год. At 21 - the summer Malkina another year would act with "Pittsburgh" newcomer contract, for which he receives 984 thousand dollars a year. Россиянин хотел бы продлить свой контракт с нынешним клубом, однако он рассчитывает на пятилетнее соглашение с заработной платой девять миллионов долларов в год. Russian would like to extend its contract with current club, but he is counting on the five-year agreement with wage nine million dollars a year.

В том случае, если контракт между "Питтсбургом" и Малкиным будет подписан, в сезоне-2009/10 "Пингвинс" рискуют выйти за границы платежной ведомости. In the event that a contract between Pittsburgh and Malkin will be signed in sezone-2009/10 "Pingvins" risk to go abroad payroll. До 1 июля руководству клуба предстоит решить вопрос о сохранении ведущих хоккеистов команды, которые могут стать неограниченно свободными агентами. Until July 1, club leadership to resolve the issue of maintaining the leading hockey team, which can become unrestricted free agents. В частности, Рэй Шеро намерен подписать контракт со словацким снайпером Марианом Госсой, а это будет стоить "Питтсбургу" почти восемь миллионов долларов в год. In particular, Ray Shero intends to sign a contract with Slovak sniper Marian Hossa, but it will cost "Pittsburgh" nearly eight million dollars a year.

lenta.ru

If they were offloading Malkin, surely they would get a lot more in return than that?

I don't know, how many teams have the cap space, are willing to spend that cap space and have the players to trade along with that to get a deal done without gutting their own team?

I've been hearing rumors today, on the FAN590 in Toronto, that Pittsburgh is shopping Malkin. Despite his poor performance in the Finals, I'm surprised to hear this. If the re-signing Hossa has something to do with it, if I was Pittsburgh, I'd much rather has Malkin than Hossa.

If I were Shero i would be looking for an additional player, but I think this is definitly a deal that could happen. Malkin gets to be the franchise player in LA, and the pens get atleast one, likely more than one roster player back in return.

It's a wonder no rumours have started about Oli Jokinen for Malkin....... same scenaio, malkin get to be the center of attention & Oli would get to go to a contender in need of his services.

I think this would benefit both teams, including Malkin.

PIT would get Cammaleri and second pick overall will probably be one of the top defencemans - exactly what they need. In addition to that I don't think Malkin would want to stay in PIT, just because he'll always be #2.

LAK would get Malkin (one of the best players in the league), they already have a lot of good young players on the team and drafted.

In addition to that they have another first round 28th overall pick;

in the second round they have 32, 48 and 61st pick;

in the 3rd round: 63, 81, 88

So they are in a good shape and player of such a caliber would be very good for LAK.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Per this russian website: http://sport.rambler.ru/news/icehockey/12949125.html

Malkin to LA for M. Cammalleri and 2 draft pick 2008.

Generally Lyle Richardson(Spector's real name) is very very careful about picking bulls*** rumors out so i do actaully belive this trade as a possibility, unlike if it was posted under eklunds blog... however i still find it hard to belive that that would be it. No doubt its a heavy price but they could get more for a younger mvp canidate than that.

I don't know, if the Pens get their draft pick... That means Drew Doughty. You know how huge that is? Assuming that the Kings are trading their first round pick.

What a steal for the Kings. I'm still having a hard time believing that this is legit. If it is, would this move alone be enough to make the Kings somewhat respectable again? Just get some goaltending along with it and you're looking at a playoff contendor.

Jonathan Berneir can provide that.

I think this would benefit both teams, including Malkin.

PIT would get Cammaleri and second pick overall will probably be one of the top defencemans - exactly what they need. In addition to that I don't think Malkin would want to stay in PIT, just because he'll always be #2.

LAK would get Malkin (one of the best players in the league), they already have a lot of good young players on the team and drafted.

In addition to that they have another first round 28th overall pick;

in the second round they have 32, 48 and 61st pick;

in the 3rd round: 63, 81, 88

So they are in a good shape and player of such a caliber would be very good for LAK.

Cam is a UFA after this coming season and will command $5.5-6.5 million per in a new contract. This puts Pittsburgh right back in the situation they have with Malkin. All they get out of it is what could end up being an extremely solid Dman but other than that, it'll end up being no different than the predicament they are going to be in come the Summer of '09, and with a player less effective than Malkin.

This just doesn't make sense to me unless Shero knows something about Malkin that we all don't......and I'm not even talking about this theory that he "needs to be the number 1 guy".

The OttawaSun is basically saying the same thing.

The Penguins are trying to make a blockbuster move before tomorrow night's NHL draft at Scotiabank Place. League sources say Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero offered all-star centre Evgeni Malkin to the Kings for the No. 2 overall pick in the draft and a player, possibly centre Mike Cammalleri.

Malkin for a Kings' ransom?

What a steal for the Kings. I'm still having a hard time believing that this is legit. If it is, would this move alone be enough to make the Kings somewhat respectable again? Just get some goaltending along with it and you're looking at a playoff contendor.

They'd be just like Pitt two years ago: Plenty of offense with a young defense and crappy goaltending. Sneak into the playoffs and get spanked - which is a much better situation than finishing at the bottom of the West again.

Malkin, Kopitar, Frolov, Brown, O Sullivan, Nagy, Jack MF Johnson, Visnovski...yikes.

Not likely.

From a GM's perspective, there is more to a hockey team than winning the Cup. You don't trade away the fan's second favorite player for some guys who nobody is attached to. People flocked to Mellon for the first time in years to see Crosby and Malkin. If you want to ship out a promising forward for defense, his last name is staal.