• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Olli Jokinen to Phoenix

Rate this topic

Phoenix is still going to suck, but with Bryz and Olli, they're definately findign their way out of the forest. I'd say another forward and a defenseman and they could be a contender for 8th spot.

If not for injuries and inexperience, they take the 8th seed last year. If Phoenix land one of Brad Stuart, Wade Redden or Brian Campbell, they'll be good next year.

I'm still having trouble believing Florida actually made this trade.

It must suck really, really badly to see franchise players get traded every few years. I mean, come on... Jokinen, Horton, Bouwmeester, and Luongo? That is (or should've been) an incredible core to build from.

It must suck really, really badly to see franchise players get traded every few years. I mean, come on... Jokinen, Horton, Bouwmeester, and Luongo? That is (or should've been) an incredible core to build from.

Oh, I believe it. Why? Just look at those names you listed. :hehe:

The Pants are experts in self-mutilation.

I'm really glad for Jokinen. He finally gets to play in a first class organization with a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Also, it's going to be amazing for him to play in market that actually cares about hockey!

Boy is he in a for a treat next season.

It's better than Hudler and Kopecky.

That's pretty weak pal. You forgot to mention I threw in the #30th pick. Florida takes the #49th pick and a couple of above average defensemen by league standards. Florida was clearly desperate to move him. Which was something I was trying to point out.

The Hockey Rating

Hudler #182

Kopecky #547

the 30th pick!

vs.

Ballard #219

Boynton #412 (even Lilja and Lebda are rated higher than this guy lol )

and the 49th pick, HA

Bottom line is, the Wings could've got this guy without giving up Filppula, Franzen or Kronwall.

just think of flordia as a training camp thats in the NHL :unsure:

That's pretty weak pal. You forgot to mention I threw in the #30th pick. Florida takes the #49th pick and a couple of above average defensemen by league standards. Florida was clearly desperate to move him. Which was something I was trying to point out.

Bottom line is, the Wings could've got this guy without giving up Filppula, Franzen or Kronwall.

Uh, Phoenix gave up two defensemen. Hudler and Kopecky are forwards. Deductive reasoning tells me Florida wanted defensemen -- not forwards.

Ballard is a damn good defenseman and he is young. Don't get me wrong, I think Florida got raped on this trade, but it's obvious Florida wanted defensemen and Detroit's equivalent to Ballard is Kronwall.

Jokinen was a pipe dream anyway. Detroit wouldn't be able to retain Franzen, Zetterberg, and Jokinen. I doubt they were even involved in the bidding.

Id take Jokinen over Franzen 11 times out of 10.

I would too, but I don't think Jokinen over Franzen is feasible long-term. Zetterberg's next deal is going to be worth around $7 million annually and Jokinen would undoubtedly cost around the same. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Jokinen would be eating $21 million. Franzen's not going to get anywhere close to $7 million and he's already on the team meaning no assets lost.

Uh, Phoenix gave up two defensemen. Hudler and Kopecky are forwards. Deductive reasoning tells me Florida wanted defensemen -- not forwards.

Ballard is a damn good defenseman and he is young. Don't get me wrong, I think Florida got raped on this trade, but it's obvious Florida wanted defensemen and Detroit's equivalent to Ballard is Kronwall.

Jokinen was a pipe dream anyway. Detroit wouldn't be able to retain Franzen, Zetterberg, and Jokinen. I doubt they were even involved in the bidding.

The Wings could've packaged some defensemen in a deal with Hudler. No they wouldn't have had to give up Kronwall.

I LOVE this deal for Phoenix. They are going to have a SICK offense. Vrbata, Mueller, Hanzal, Turris, Jokinen, Doan and some great depth guys who can play in the top 2 lines like Reinprecht. Good stuff.

Morris, Jovo, and Michalek is a great start to a good defense too, although their D does lack depth big time. Bryz will help with that though.

Ballard, on the other hand, is a good/great young Dman, but really? REALLY? Boynton is a throw in as is the 49th.

The only reason I can see Floridas reasoning on this is if they plan on making a hard drive for Perrry or have another trade lined up to fill the hole on offense. Ballard, Allen, Bouwmeester is probably the best trio of young defenders in the league. A young #1 and 2 young #3s (both Ballard and Allen are vastly underrated), not to mention Van Ryn and Montador give them good depth and Vokoun is there as well.

Im guessing theyve got something up there sleeve to replace Jokinen. Nazzy, an offer sheet to Perry, Langkow, Huselius going back, Rolston. Jesus maybe even Hossa.

Florida still has Horton, Weiss, Frolik, Matthias, Booth, and Olesz. Add that to Van Ryn, Allen, Bouwmeester, and Ballard and that makes for an AWESOME lineup in 2-3 years.

Florida looks like the Oilers of the East right now. Which is actually a good position to be in with 9-10 up and comers filling up your roster..

Edited by YoungGuns1340

The Wings could've packaged some defensemen in a deal with Hudler. No they wouldn't have had to give up Kronwall.

So, what 25 or under NHL-proven top-pairing defensemen do the Wings have to deal? What the hell makes you think Florida would even be interested in Hudler?

This team just won the ******* Stanley Cup and you're already annoyed with management for not following through with one of your armchair GM fantasy team deals. Give me a break.

Edited by ARice89

So, what 25 or under NHL-proven top-pairing defensemen do the Wings have to deal? What the hell makes you think Florida would even be interested in Hudler?

This team just won the ******* Stanley Cup and you're already annoyed with management for not following through with one of your armchair GM fantasy team deals. Give me a break.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was annoyed with management. I just threw out an idea. I'm the armchair guy? Well who the f#ck are you? Mr. Knowitall Hockey Elite? What makes you a non-armchair guy? This is a site for fans to discuss the team, the players and ideas they have. What is wrong with that?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was annoyed with management. I just threw out an idea. I'm the armchair guy? Well who the f#ck are you? Mr. Knowitall Hockey Elite? What makes you a non-armchair guy? This is a site for fans to discuss the team, the players and ideas they have. What is wrong with that?

Just try being realistic. Maybe instead of proposing a deal that involves "some defenseman" and Hudler, throw out a name. I just don't understand what the point of saying, "Well the Wings could've traded for Jokinen if..." is. You're speaking in pure hypotheticals.

What we know is Florida got two defensemen, so I'm going to venture and say they were looking for two defensemen. One of these defensemen is 25 years old, proven, and capable of playing top-four minutes. Do you see anyone like that in the Wings system other than Kronwall? I sure as hell don't.

Jokinen wasn't even feasible cap-wise to begin with. What's the point of speculating?

Oh, and believe me, I do armchair-GM. I'm sure everyone does. I've just learned to expect the Red Wings not to make trades like Hudler and Kopecky for Jokinen.

Edited by ARice89

Just try being realistic. Maybe instead of proposing a deal that involves "some defenseman" and Hudler, throw out a name. I just don't understand what the point of saying, "Well the Wings could've traded for Jokinen if..." is. You're speaking in pure hypotheticals.

What we know is Florida got two defensemen, so I'm going to venture and say they were looking for two defensemen. One of these defensemen is 25 years old, proven, and capable of playing top-four minutes. Do you see anyone like that in the Wings system other than Kronwall? I sure as hell don't.

Jokinen wasn't even feasible cap-wise to begin with. What's the point of speculating?

Yesterday Spector reported they were interested in A puck moving defensemen and a picK. The previous day it was two young players and a pick. It was also rumoured Ottawa would send SPezza and Boumeester for one of Florida's D-men and Jokinen. So maybe fowards were not out of the picture.

I got the Boumeester part mixed up, he would've been going the other way in the deal. Spezza and Meszaros for Jokinen and Boumeester

Edited by Johnny Diamonds

Guest Crymson

The Hockey Rating

Hudler #182

Kopecky #547

the 30th pick!

vs.

Ballard #219

Boynton #412 (even Lilja and Lebda are rated higher than this guy lol )

and the 49th pick, HA

General managers do not make trades based on said ratings site.

In any event, when Johan Hedberg rates higher than Chris Osgood, you know that a ratings site is completely retarded.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson
Yesterday Spector reported they were interested in A puck moving defensemen and a picK. The previous day it was two young players and a pick. It was also rumoured Ottawa would send SPezza and Boumeester for one of Florida's D-men and Jokinen. So maybe fowards were not out of the picture.

I got the Boumeester part mixed up, he would've been going the other way in the deal. Spezza and Meszaros for Jokinen and Boumeester

LOL. You really think this makes your proposal to send two unremarkable forwards and a pick to Florida feasible?

Hudler is useful on the power play and the 3rd line. Kopecky is a grinder. Our pick is nearly second-round. How on earth does that compare to Boynton and Ballard?