• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Pressure now to get Filppula signed

Rate this topic

i'm just wondering what we can move if we need to free up space for more Filpulla room.

not much, move a d-man maybe...

if he gets a sheet more than we can afford we're kinda screwed

:lol: Who says he wants 5 million?

He'll re-sign.

Saw that number being thrown around. I have no problem with him re-signing so long as Holland tells him that he needs money for Hossa so he has to take a discount.

It's one thing to present an offer sheet to Flip, it's another thing for him to actually sign it. He's publically stated he wants to stay, so I'm not concerned. It's likely that offer sheets have already come his way.

Edited by stillwater

I could see Flip getting 2.25 million this season and then a gradual increase from there - take a pay cut this year and then pad the 2nd and 3rd year a little more to even it out for him and us - so the remaining players can be signed... If you compare a realistic signing like Stillman (and factor in his contributions with points) and the money he is making - compare that to what Flip should receive (adjusted down of course)...

Yet when Avery is getting 3.8 million a year - there are issues...

Can't do that under the new CBA. Learn to CBA.

I am excited about the Hossa signing but getting Filpulla signed is beginning to be my big concern now. But the thing is everyone seems to think that all these guys want is money, but the Hossa signing has shown that they can choose success over a huge payday (although I'd gladly work for 7.4 million...its not exactly chump change).....

If Filpulla wants to stay here he will and I have faith that Holland will put the best team he can on the ice at the best price.....

I'm curious to see if Hossa will buy into the system after a year and we'll be able to resign Hossa, Zetterberg and Franzen after next season....wouldn't that be something!!

I don't think the Hossa deal really affects Filppula -- yet. He MUST be the next Red Wing signed, however. There's $4,027,667 (est) left under the cap, and you can expect him to get at least half that.

It's going to be interesting to see if Chelios, McCarty/Downey get re-signed at this point. I'd expect a trade on the blueline at some point for some cap relief. It's hard to see Chelios at anything higher than the minimum at this point.

Can't do that under the new CBA. Learn to CBA.

Really?

The Wings can not sign him to a 3 year deal - making 2.25 million this year - then 3.0 million the 2nd year - and then 3.5 million the 3rd year?

It's one thing to present an offer sheet to Flip, it's another thing for him to actually sign it. He's publically stated he wants to stay, so I'm not concerned. It's likely that offer sheets have already come his way.

Everyone always says they want to stay. Remember Bertuzzi?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him and/or Hudler and/or Lilja moved in the coming hours or days for some decent draft picks.

I do not think Lilja is going to be moved - would be shocked and make no sense since we just signed him - of course I am wrong a lot...

Bertuzzi was an UFA, it's a little different.

I would be watching for the Wings to possibly move Sammy, Hudler, Lilja, Maltby or Lebda at this point.

The trouble with dealing lilja is he probably took less to stay here and dealing him makes the organization look somewhat untrustworthy ... why should I take less money to stay only to have you trade me.

we should sign flip the same contract we gave zettz 4 years 2.5 if not bye bye ... Will have picks for him aNd a 2nd line Huss franzen and hossa or holms or wtv LOL we can use the picks to trade at trade deadline wich wouldn't be bad anyways rather have hossa then flip ... If hossa would stay here for let's say 7 or under then don't bother signing flip

I wouldn't be surprised to see him and/or Hudler and/or Lilja moved in the coming hours or days for some decent draft picks.

not either of them.

Maybe Samuelsson, or kopecky...

but not hudler or lilja...

also helm will probably play in the AHL this year now if the Wings still want to carry an enforcer.

I think that its possible that they could convince Filppula to take a one year deal at 2 million and then give him the bigger money next year...

I hope...

He may be gone...

Or we trade Sammy...

That's what I am hoping he/they do.

KH: Flip, take a pay cut this year for one season then when your contract is up we will over pay you slightly to make up the difference.

VF: Deal!

What you can't do is have the contract peak in the middle and go way back down again like:

Thank you!

- Do not think he got what I was saying... I guess he misunderstood what I meant by "padding the 2nd and 3rd year" to even it out (which meant to make it like he made more the previous year by adding more to each year - every year pay would increase)...

Edited by Rivalred

You can sign players for increasing salaries all you want, but the new CBA says that the CAP HIT your team will take is the average salary over the length of the deal. So signing Flip to 2.5 / 3.0 / 3.5 / 3.5 for four years would make his cap number 3.125 for the upcoming season, NOT 2.5.