• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Burke defies Bettman, accuses Lowe of tampering

Rate this topic

From next week's news (no link as it hasn't happened yet):

Bettman Fines Lowe for Comments

Commissioner Gary Bettman fined the Oilers' Lowe today. The amount of the fine has not yet been disclosed, and inside sources refused to comment.

This is the latest in a series of events which began with Brian "why's that camera off?" Burke accusing Lowe of offering offer sheets to players whose value was of less to Burke than to Lowe. After a year, Lowe commented. Commissioner Bettman told Burke and Lowe that no further comments would be allowed. Burke responded to comments which Lowe had made before the comment ban.

Yesterday, a reported asked Lowe for a comment, to which Lowe replied, "I have no comment." Bettman levied the fine immediately.

"You see," explained Bettman, "Lowe commented when he said he had no comment. That was a comment, and so he was fined. Burke did not comment, he responded. I think that is fine, so there was no fine. Had he commented, rather than responding, that would not have been fine, and he'd have been fined. Should Burke comment on the fine, that is not fine, and there will certainly be a fine, on which I will comment at that time. Lowe should have told the reporter that he had no response, which would have been the responsible thing to do, and that would have been fine, although I may have fined him anyway, as I am responsible for both comments and fines, which is fine; and I have no further comment."

Tune in next week to "As the Puck Turns". Let's play some hockey.

(In case anyone was wondering, I made that up.)

:clap: Amazing

Commissioner Gary Bettman fined the Oilers' Lowe today. The amount of the fine has not yet been disclosed, and inside sources refused to comment.

This is the latest in a series of events which began with Brian "why's that camera off?" Burke accusing Lowe of offering offer sheets to players whose value was of less to Burke than to Lowe. After a year, Lowe commented. Commissioner Bettman told Burke and Lowe that no further comments would be allowed. Burke responded to comments which Lowe had made before the comment ban.

Yesterday, a reported asked Lowe for a comment, to which Lowe replied, "I have no comment." Bettman levied the fine immediately.

"You see," explained Bettman, "Lowe commented when he said he had no comment. That was a comment, and so he was fined. Burke did not comment, he responded. I think that is fine, so there was no fine. Had he commented, rather than responding, that would not have been fine, and he'd have been fined. Should Burke comment on the fine, that is not fine, and there will certainly be a fine, on which I will comment at that time. Lowe should have told the reporter that he had no response, which would have been the responsible thing to do, and that would have been fine, although I may have fined him anyway, as I am responsible for both comments and fines, which is fine; and I have no further comment."

Dude, that is better than Who's on First LMAO

lol, wow. I feel like I just listened to a monty python skit

Grown men acting like children. ridiculous.

Single biggest problem with the management level of the NHL. Well that and it's run like a family business with cousins that hate each other.

Your second best post ever next to your American Pie parody. :lol::clap:

I like Burke, but all of this baby bulls*** is just making him look like a joke. I honestly hope they find something about the Niedermayer signing, like a verbal agreement between the 2 before Scott was a FA or something along those lines. Just because of how much respect I've lost for both of them.

Now all we need to figure out is what a comment is, and what a response is. I am responding to your original comment here. But I am also commenting myself. God this is all so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yesterday, a reporter asked Lowe for a comment, to which Lowe replied, "I have no comment." Bettman levied the fine immediately.

hahah i like it :thumbup:

Duck Guy,

Are you ready to renounce Anaheim yet in favor of the Wings? You know you want to! :)

sorry ducks will always be first and wings second with me no matter what :ph34r::hehe:

Edited by Duck Guy