• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFan2008

Wings who've won all 4 Cups(97, 98, 02, 08)

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Man, I can be caustic at times, but some of you guys are flat-out brutal today.

Come on bro. This isn't the average crap thread. This is probably the worst thread I've ever seen. It's hilarious how stupid it is.

If this is the worst thread you've ever seen, you must not have been paying attention.

It is hilarious how stupid it is, but it has nothing to do with the original poster. It's everyone jumping down his throat and adding valuable insight like "EPIC FAIL," which is quickly becoming the most overused, obnoxious and inane phrases since threads were littered with "PWNED!"

The guy was just wondering who was on all four Cup teams. what the hell is everyone's problem? Everyone taking out anger because there's no hockey to watch right now? jeez.

If this is the worst thread you've ever seen, you must not have been paying attention.

It is hilarious how stupid it is, but it has nothing to do with the original poster. It's everyone jumping down his throat and adding valuable insight like "EPIC FAIL," which is quickly becoming the most overused, obnoxious and inane phrases since threads were littered with "PWNED!"

The guy was just wondering who was on all four Cup teams. what the hell is everyone's problem? Everyone taking out anger because there's no hockey to watch right now? jeez.

:lol:

I think "EPIC FAIL" is what they'll probably put on my tombstone.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I don't think that's the case harold. It's because it is an answer that probably isn't all that hard to figure out, but I can understand not be able to name everybody out loud or type everybody's name in a matter of 3 seconds. Takes time to figure out stuff sometimes. But unfortuantely to some people probably, if you don't know everything their is to know about the Red Wings in their history, you probably aren't a true Red Wings fan. :rolleyes:

Come on bro. This isn't the average crap thread. This is probably the worst thread I've ever seen. It's hilarious how stupid it is.

See above. People aren't always going to be "Mr. Perfect" and will forget things sometimes. That's life. The original poster isn't doing anything close to breaking the forum rules or personally attacking anybody. He accidentally flooped up. Lighten up.

Here's the thing. If he wanted to know if there were others, he could'ves said "Are there others?" If he wanted to know if the ones he listed were correct, he could've said "Is this correct?".

I've just never seen a thread like this. It makes no comments, nor poses any question. What is there to discuss aside form the stupidity of its existance? Lol. It's just funny.

Here's the thing. If he wanted to know if there were others, he could'ves said "Are there others?" If he wanted to know if the ones he listed were correct, he could've said "Is this correct?".

I've just never seen a thread like this. It makes no comments, nor poses any question. What is there to discuss aside form the stupidity of its existance? Lol. It's just funny.

I agree, if there was something to discuss here, the "EPIC FAIL" wouldn't be as big of a deal, but there is nothing to discuss, so its just funny

Or maybe he thought he knew all the guys on there, but mistakenly left one out. It happens.

Again, he's doing nothing close to personally attacking anyone or acting like a jackass or troll towards anyone in here, he's following the forum rules.

Do some of you want to give him forum topic creation lessons?

Let's make the guy feel a little more welcome and act respectful towards him when he's playing by the rules why don't we.

Or maybe he thought he knew all the guys on there, but mistakenly left one out. It happens.

Again, he's doing nothing close to personally attacking anyone or acting like a jackass or troll towards anyone in here, he's following the forum rules.

Let's make the guy feel a little more welcome and act respectful towards him when he's playing by the rules why don't we.

I never mentioned personal attacks, nor trolling. Why would I? Why would you? I don't believe I'm not playing by the rules. However, if ciriticising a member contibution to the forum by beginning a pointless thread is breaking the rules maybe a moderator could let me know and I would address. Need

Bottom line is this thread is pointless. If I started a thread saying, "Pavel Datsyuk wears number 13" and nothing else, everyone would be like WTF and give me s*** for it. And with good reason. It gives the members of the board nothing to discuss and this is a general discussion forum, Jack.

I'm sorry but I don't tolerate stupidity very well and I'm not one to hold my tongue. That's me. Again, moderators if I was out of line please advise and I'll watch my future behaviour.

...or maybe he realized, like most people should, that Mccarty didn't "WIN" the 4th Cup, he was given a free ride to come in a enjoy what the rest of the team accomplished. McCarty did NOTHING to earn his name on this Cup. He's a waste of roster space and SHOULD NOT be re-signed!

...the NHL should change the rules from 41 games played OR 1 finals game to 25 games played AND 1 finals game...

...heck Meech did more during the season to help this team along than McCarty did the entire time he was here this year, and what does Meech get out of it? Nothing but to say he PLAYED on a Stanley Cup team, but didn't "WIN" one yet...

...well McCarty didn't deserve this one either, so in essence the OP is correct to omit McCarty from all 4 Cups...

...or maybe he realized, like most people should, that Mccarty didn't "WIN" the 4th Cup, he was given a free ride to come in a enjoy what the rest of the team accomplished. McCarty did NOTHING to earn his name on this Cup. He's a waste of roster space and SHOULD NOT be re-signed!

...the NHL should change the rules from 41 games played OR 1 finals game to 25 games played AND 1 finals game...

...heck Meech did more during the season to help this team along than McCarty did the entire time he was here this year, and what does Meech get out of it? Nothing but to say he PLAYED on a Stanley Cup team, but didn't "WIN" one yet...

...well McCarty didn't deserve this one either, so in essence the OP is correct to omit McCarty from all 4 Cups...

The Red Wings organization didn't have to give him a chance to return, but they felt like he could make a significant contribution to help the team. And I think the coaching staff and management thought about it much more than to be just a "PR opportunity". I highly doubt the coaching staff and management of the Red Wings acts just on PR opportunities.

And if the coaching staff, given the Red Wings roster at the time and taking injuries into account, thought that guys like Hartigan or Downey would have made more of a positive significant contribution over McCarty to justify playing time in the playoffs, Hartigan or Downey would have played consistently over McCarty in the playoffs.

You have to play at least one SCF game to have your name on the Stanley Cup. McCarty did. He also played close to 20 games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Hartigan played 4, Downey 0. Again, if coaches thought the last two would have made more of a positive impact over McCarty, they would've played him.

What do you expect McCarty to do when learning that he would play in the playoffs more often than not, and given a fair opportunity to try to resume his career and get his life somewhat in order? Nah, I don't want to play in the playoffs and have the chance to win another Stanley Cup? I just want to remain bankrupt and an alcoholic, because that just doesn't sound quite as silly as winning a 4th Stanley Cup! :rolleyes:

He more than earned his spot to just play garbage 4th line minutes and get a 4th Stanley Cup by playing in enough SCF games as well as plenty of games in the playoffs with garbage 4th line minutes, which is pretty much what could only be realistically be expected of him since he wasn't the McCarty of old, or young.

Did McCarty take your lunch money when you all were younger or something? Give you a wedgie? What do you have against the guy?

this thread failed miserably.

Indeed, but with a name like WingsFan2008, it's possible this person JUST recently (see 3-4 weeks ago) became a fan, and was simply trying to impress us with their knowledge. Oops.

This is absolutely right.

:lol:

I think "EPIC FAIL" is what they'll probably put on my tombstone.

Yes!!!

Give me a break! Give me a break! Break me off a piece of that... football cream.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be"Wings who've won all 5 cups(97, 98, 02, 08, 09)"?

I mean... unless we haaave to go through all the formalities of beating everyone all over again next year...

Please let me direct your attention over here:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52205

And if this thread was such an epic fail, how'd it last three pages?

Good thread. :thumbup:

Name the lines each of the guys was playing on in each of the seasons.

The Red Wings organization didn't have to give him a chance to return, but they felt like he could make a significant contribution to help the team. And I think the coaching staff and management thought about it much more than to be just a "PR opportunity". I highly doubt the coaching staff and management of the Red Wings acts just on PR opportunities.

And if the coaching staff, given the Red Wings roster at the time and taking injuries into account, thought that guys like Hartigan or Downey would have made more of a positive significant contribution over McCarty to justify playing time in the playoffs, Hartigan or Downey would have played consistently over McCarty in the playoffs.

You have to play at least one SCF game to have your name on the Stanley Cup. McCarty did. He also played close to 20 games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Hartigan played 4, Downey 0. Again, if coaches thought the last two would have made more of a positive impact over McCarty, they would've played him.

What do you expect McCarty to do when learning that he would play in the playoffs more often than not, and given a fair opportunity to try to resume his career and get his life somewhat in order? Nah, I don't want to play in the playoffs and have the chance to win another Stanley Cup? I just want to remain bankrupt and an alcoholic, because that just doesn't sound quite as silly as winning a 4th Stanley Cup! :rolleyes:

He more than earned his spot to just play garbage 4th line minutes and get a 4th Stanley Cup by playing in enough SCF games as well as plenty of games in the playoffs with garbage 4th line minutes, which is pretty much what could only be realistically be expected of him since he wasn't the McCarty of old, or young.

Did McCarty take your lunch money when you all were younger or something? Give you a wedgie? What do you have against the guy?

He's pissed it wasn't Feds who was given the "Free Ride" to a cup. As if there is such a thing!

Indeed, but with a name like WingsFan2008, it's possible this person JUST recently (see 3-4 weeks ago) became a fan, and was simply trying to impress us with their knowledge. Oops.

Uhh, I've been a Wings fan for over 30 years, but I didn't find this forum until last year sometime.

Maybe this guy has a real life, not just a virtual life.

But please, continue to be quick to judge based on a small amount of fact. :blink: