• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Top 10 Red Wings of the Last 15 years?

Rate this topic

I think this could be good. Longevity, consistancy, skill, all of which combined...

1. Yzerman

2. Lidstrom

3. Fedorov

4. Osgood

5. Shanahan

6. Zetterberg

7. Datsyuk

8. Draper

9. Konstantinov

10. Holmstrom

I kind of had a tough time placing Zetterberg and Datsyuk so low, but I figured putting guys ahead of them with 3 and 4 cups as opposed to 1 and 2 cups kind of was the ice breaker.

Guest Shoreline

1. Darryl Bootland

2. Uwe Krupp

3. Bob Rouse

4. Tim Taylor

5. Mike Ramsey

6. Maxim Kuznetsov

7. Boyd Devereaux

8. Jesse Wallin

9. Dmitry Bykov

10. Darryl Laplante

very personal list...

1. Yzerman

2. Lidstrom

3. Draper

4. Shanny

5. Murphy

6. Fedorov

7. Dats

8. Zetter

9. Maltby

10. Malts

Dats and Zetter will be on top of this list in a couple of years. Of course, right behind Steve...

...I would have to put Ray Sheppard in their somewhere, he was a 50 goal scorer here...

...problem is their are TOO many great Red Wings of the past 15 years! Ciccarelli is another one. Sure I know you are just looking for the top 10, but I think for offensive numbers, Ray Sheppard should be there. Maybe omit Draper, put him at 11 or 12...

...and as much as well ALL love Vladdy and have an emotional spot for him in our hearts, I think Larry Murphy would rank in the top 10 Red Wings before Vladdy (in comapring D-Men.)

1. Yzerman

2. Lidstrom

3. Fedorov

4. Shanahan

5. Osgood

6. Zetterberg

7. Datsyuk

8. Murphy

9. Doug Brown

10. Holmstrom

...it's tough to rank 10, if you go by all your requirements sure it's a little easier because of some of the players longevity, but just as important Drapers defensive skills were imparative to this teams success, so was Brett Hull's and Luc Robitaille's offensive skills, along with Ray Sheppard. Now if you factor in JUST the playoffs, then you get a whole new list because you'd have to add McCarty with is knack for scoring in the playoffs, it is so difficult, so I went with just general production and importance regular season and playoff...

(11. Ciccarelli 12. Sheppard 13. Larionov 14. Kozlov 15, 16, 17, 18... SHEESH! SEE WHAT I MEAN! :lol:)

very personal list...

1. Yzerman

2. Lidstrom

3. Draper

4. Shanny

5. Murphy

6. Fedorov

7. Dats

8. Zetter

9. Maltby

10. Malts

Dats and Zetter will be on top of this list in a couple of years. Of course, right behind Steve...

Did I miss a player on the team with the name Malts? Maltby seems to already be on the list...

Guest Shoreline
very personal list...

1. Yzerman

2. Lidstrom

3. Draper

4. Shanny

5. Murphy

6. Fedorov

7. Dats

8. Zetter

9. Maltby

10. Malts

11. Kirk

You forgot one. Added it for you.

I want to clarify... if we're going by players that have played in the last 15 years, then your list is probably near-definitive (although arguments for Lidstrom at #1 can still be made)... but the way I take the question, who has been the best over the past 15 years?

In that case, the list is still great, but Lidstrom ought to be the clear #1 (unless you put another category for sentimentality or tenacity).

715 in 757 for Yzerman... (after his prime, 3 Cups, 1 Gold)

767 in 1088 for Lidstrom... (6 Norris Trophies, 4 Cups, 1 Gold)

For me, it's case closed. Lidstrom's prime has been completely in sync with this team's success.

1. Lidstrom

2. Fedorov (94 season cannot be ignored)

3. Yzerman (would be #1 if list was past 20 years)

4. Osgood

5. Shanahan

6. Draper/Maltby duo (Selke, best PKers)

7. Pavel Datsyuk/Henrik Zetterberg duo

8. Dominik Hasek

9. Vladimir Konstantinov (would probably be in top 5)

10. Darren McCarty

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Yup. Lidstrom is the clear #1 for the last 15 years. And Fedorov is ahead of Stevie as well, IMO.

1. Lidstrom

2. Fedorov

3. Yzerman

4. Shanahan

5. Osgood

6. Konstantinov

7. Draper

8. Zetterberg

9. Datsyuk

10. Kozlov

Z and Pavel are clearly going to rocket up this list in the coming years. Osgood might skip by Shanny too.

Guest mindfly

1. Lidström

2. Yzerman

3. Datsyuk

4. Zetterberg

5. Fedorov

6. Shanahan

7. Osgood

8. Draper

9. Holmström

10. Murphy

How can anyone put Federov above Yzerman, thats near blasphomy. Sergi hasn't been here for 5 years.

1. Lidstrom

2. Yzerman

3. Draper

4. Federov

5. Osgood

6. Shanahan

7. Maltby

8. Holmstrom

9. DMac (Lemuix beat down?)

10. Z/Pavel

How can anyone put Federov above Yzerman, thats near blasphomy. Sergi hasn't been here for 5 years.

1. Lidstrom

2. Yzerman

3. Draper

4. Federov

5. Osgood

6. Shanahan

7. Maltby

8. Holmstrom

9. DMac (Lemuix beat down?)

10. Z/Pavel

Because Fedorov was better out on the ice. What Stevie did in his first 10 years doesn't matter when ranking the last 15 years.

Fedorov at his absolute worst is better than Draper at his best. If anything is blasphemy it's that.

Wow, the Lidstrom era has officially come to Detroit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lidstrom - and based on production and personal success, yes Lids is #1 - But heart, tenacity and pure desire was a part of Yzerman's game that was far superior to Nicks, IMO. Lidstrom plays with his head and has tremendous skill, but Yzerman desire combined with skill was unparalleled. Until Lids CAPTAINS this team to two more cups, Yzerman is still the #1 for me. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just think this recent cup has impacted a lot of these decisions...but then again, why shouldn't it?

And please, give me a break - Federov is not above Yzerman on this list.

1. Yzerman

2. Lidstrom

3. Shanahan

4. Federov

5. Draper

6. Osgood

7. Datsyuk

8. Zetterberg

9. Holmstrom

10. Hasek

P.S. I threw Hasek in there out of respect. He played very well in last years playoffs, and was good enough to win in 2002..but I am not sure if that really warrents a spot here. Maltby or even a guy like Larionov could easily replace him.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

No love for Larionov around here?

The guy was instrumental all throughout the 90's and up until the time he retired.

Naw, I seriously considered putting him in there at 10. After all, he was around for more cups then Hasek.

Wow, the Lidstrom era has officially come to Detroit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lidstrom - and based on production and personal success, yes Lids is #1 - But heart, tenacity and pure desire was a part of Yzerman's game that was far superior to Nicks, IMO. Lidstrom plays with his head and has tremendous skill, but Yzerman desire combined with skill was unparalleled. Until Lids CAPTAINS this team to two more cups, Yzerman is still the #1 for me. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just think this recent cup has impacted a lot of these decisions...but then again, why shouldn't it?

And please, give me a break - Federov is not above Yzerman on this list.

1. Yzerman

2. Lidstrom

3. Shanahan

4. Federov

5. Draper

6. Osgood

7. Datsyuk

8. Zetterberg

9. Holmstrom

10. Hasek

P.S. I threw Hasek in there out of respect. He played very well in last years playoffs, and was good enough to win in 2002..but I am not sure if that really warrents a spot here. Maltby or even a guy like Larionov could easily replace him.

Federov might not be, but Fedorov certainly is.

As for the Lidstrom/Yzerman thing, you can't look at Stevie's full body of work. Last 15 years. There is no question that over that span that Lidstrom was more instrumental to our success than Stevie. Stevie was the heart and soul, but Lidstrom was the foundation of everything.

Agreed.

Stevie began his career when the Red Wings were still looked upon by many as the Dead Things; his play helped resurrect this franchise.

Stevie made them not suck. Lidstrom and Fedorov made them contenders.

Stevie made them not suck. Lidstrom and Fedorov made them contenders.

And what... Steve had nothing to do with that? Without Yzerman we would not have won any Cups besides maybe 02.

Edited by Doggy

And what... Steve had nothing to do with that? Without Yzerman we would not have won any Cups besides maybe 02.

We don't win in '02 without Stevie.

My point is that Stevie did not single-handedly bring the Wings from Dead Things to the best team of the current era. We don't win in '97, '98, or '02 if any of Yzerman, Lidstrom, or Fedorov are missing. Sergei should have won the '97 Conn Smythe and that would have made those three Cups perfect as the three critical pillars each would have received that honor.