• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Third Jersey Releases for 2009

Rate this topic

I actually like the candy strip jersey and own a replica one. I think they look neat and break up the common one base color. etc etc. But hey thats me. and i got the jersey customized with howe 9 on the back. The neat part is the numbers arered with white outline, instead of how they normally look. looks pretty sweet i think. Let me know if ya want a pic and ill try and get one up.

I'm not worried about the loss of tradition. I just don't get why people think the stupid candy-cane jersey is so historical.

Why does it HAVE to be the striped jersey? Last I checked, the sweaters the Wings wore during the 50s looked quite different to what the team wears now. You're going to tell me that the dynasty years aren't historically significant for the franchise?

And, again, I can't say this enough, IT'S ONLY 60 MINUTES AND THEN IT'S GONE. Do you get this anal about the All-Star jerseys too?

1936 would be a hell of a good throwback year:

BlackHawks3.jpg

RedWings2.jpg

I'm not against the idea of a throwback. I'm against the idea of the throwback that everyone thinks is a big part of Wings history but isn't and is offensive to the eyes besides.

Be honest. If the Wings had never worn that candy-stripe thing, and RBK said, hey Wings fans, this candy-stripe will be your third jersey, there would be massive hate and discontent. We're talking pitchforks and torches at Reebok HQ, and once the ashes have cooled, Bettman's office. It would not be a pretty scene.

But because of one lousy season (and I do mean lousy) way back in the '20s, people get all misty-eyed over it instead of hating it.

The Blackhawks wore that jersey for a period in the 1930s, to include 1936, which just so happens to be a Cup year for the Wings. I don't particularly like inaccurate throwbacks, and just as bad, throwbacks from different years or eras. (Like when the Lions wore their jerseys from the 1930s against the Patriots of the 1980s.) If they're gonna do it, do it right.

Those 1936 jerseys would be awesome.

This is exactly what I like. A throwback that doesn't overdo it with the stripes and shows respect for the history of the team, especially with uniform numbers without last names on the back. These would sell better than hotcakes.

Why does it HAVE to be the striped jersey? Last I checked, the sweaters the Wings wore during the 50s looked quite different to what the team wears now. You're going to tell me that the dynasty years aren't historically significant for the franchise?

And, again, I can't say this enough, IT'S ONLY 60 MINUTES AND THEN IT'S GONE. Do you get this anal about the All-Star jerseys too?

I really didn't think it would be too much to ask for you to read the whole thread. Here, I did the work for you. Or hell, you could even read the post directly above this one.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1427441

Big news out of Chicago regarding the jerseys to be worn at the Winter Classic.

The Blackhawks are holding a big hockey convention this weekend to, I suppose, intensify the city's interest in the team and the sport. As part of the event, Saturday at noon there was a panel discussing the Winter Classic set for New Year's Day at Wrigley Field. Hawks president John McDonough and defenseman Brian Campbell were on hand along side the NHL's marketing director, Brian Jennings.

According to an email I received summarizing the event, there was a discussion about whether the Blackhawks and Red Wings would be wearing vintage jerseys like the Penguins and Sabres did last season. McDonough said they would be and suggested it may be styled after a 1930s sweater, like the one seen below.

BlackHawks4.gif

Also, the Flyers third jersey seems to have been leaked - looks like their 70s style jersey. I like it a lot actually. Good for them if this is real.

flyersthirdjersey.png

The Bruins will be going with something like this.

BruinsThird.jpg

Of course all this stuff can be found over at icethetics, but this is for the people not wanted to go over there.

P.S. Here is the Red Wings equivalent for the Jersey year which the Black Hawks have proposed. - same as the one betterREDthendead posted. except its the 1937-39 versons. Who knows what they will actually go with. I love this stuff.

RedWings3.gif

PPS, can anyone tell me what these patches are on the Red Wings jerseys from 1944-45? No other team had them that year...

RedWings2a.gif

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Also, the Flyers third jersey seems to have been leaked - looks like their 70s style jersey. I like it a lot actually. Good for them if this is real.

flyersthirdjersey.png

The Bruins will be going with something like this.

BruinsThird.jpg

Of course all this stuff can be found over at icethetics, but this is for the people not wanted to go over there.

P.S. Here is the Red Wings equivalent for the Jersey year which the Black Hawks have proposed. - same as the one betterREDthendead posted. except its the 1937-39 versons. Who knows what they will actually go with. I love this stuff.

RedWings3.gif

PPS, can anyone tell me what these patches are on the Red Wings jerseys from 1944-45? No other team had them that year...

RedWings2a.gif

As far as the PATCHES go, I am don't have a picture to prove it, but I can say with the utmost certainty, they are a patch that signifies something along the lines of "City of Detroits 150th anniversary" or something.

As far as the PATCHES go, I am don't have a picture to prove it, but I can say with the utmost certainty, they are a patch that signifies something along the lines of "City of Detroits 150th anniversary" or something.

eh, I think Detroit was founded in 1701, so unless the patch says '243 Years', that can't be it...

I'm confused. On one hand you agree that a black jersey looks nice, but they you slam the Celtics for using one? What would black have to do with the Wings?

In reply to whomever said they didn't like the numbers on the front:

Personally, I really like that look. It's something new to the NHL. Who cares if the jersey of the captains and alternates of the few teams using the numbers on front might look a little clustered if they make it to the finals? The only difference between that situation and the Wings this past finals is that the Wings had an empty shoulder.

For the Winter Classic I'd love to see the Wings sport the actual sweaters. The ones that were off-white with the Wings logo that looks like it was drawn by, well someone with my artistic skills (not good).

Sorry that was me making zero sense, my point was it looks great on a practice Jersey, but as far as game jersey's go, IMO, if Black is not one of your team colors, don't use it.

hope that makes my point clearer.

Regarding the proposed Chicago throwback: Ewwwwwwww.

I don't know if those are black jerseys with a lot of red and white striping, or red jerseys with white stripes and black sleeves and shoulders.

eh, I think Detroit was founded in 1701, so unless the patch says '243 Years', that can't be it...

Than it has to do with the Auto Industry I believe "50 years of the auto ind.". If I had a picture for you I could guarantee it, but for now I can only "damn near gaurantee it".

Than it has to do with the Auto Industry I believe "50 years of the auto ind.". If I had a picture for you I could guarantee it, but for now I can only "damn near gaurantee it".

That doesn't sound right. Detroit has been in the auto industry for more than 100 years.

I would think it would say something about the winter classic.

That doesn't sound right. Detroit has been in the auto industry for more than 100 years.

I would think it would say something about the winter classic.

The patch is from 1944, I'm no expert, but I think it probably has very little to do with the WC.

The patch is from 1944, I'm no expert, but I think it probably has very little to do with the WC.

Haha, yeah. I am so damn sure of this, it just sucks that I have no way to prove it. I'm going with the Auto Industry patch.

Haha, yeah. I am so damn sure of this, it just sucks that I have no way to prove it. I'm going with the Auto Industry patch.

Look, its alright to just say you are guessing. Haha, you thought with the 'utmost certainty' that is was Detroits 150 anniversary too, now you are damn sure its an Auto Industry patch!

But yeah, those are good guesses - you can't be far off.

I think a decent Wings "throwback" looking jersey would be the Toronto laced jersey but in red or white with the current Wings logo.

Maybe an olde style "D" on the shoulders.

post-15211-1217003762.jpgpost-15211-1217003720.jpg

Edited by Run apuck

Look, its alright to just say you are guessing. Haha, you thought with the 'utmost certainty' that is was Detroits 150 anniversary too, now you are damn sure its an Auto Industry patch!

But yeah, those are good guesses - you can't be far off.

It's something along the lines of... I'm not guessing, I HAVE SEEN THIS PATCH! One of these days, someone will prove me right.