• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Third Jersey Releases for 2009

Rate this topic

I think some of you will remember the website a lot of us used to get the concepts for the new Reebok EDGE jerseys last season. The NHL Tournament of Logos has a new page, which will be keeping track of the new third jerseys being released for this upcoming season.

Several teams have confirmed that they WILL have thirds, including Boston, San Jose, and the Kings to name a few.

You can keep track of same neat concepts at the new webpage by the same designer: icethetics

I just thought it was fun discussing the new jerseys last summer, and with the Wings in the Winter Classic this year, there may be a good chance that we see Detroit wearing some retro-jerseys for the game.

Discuss here, I guess!

Senators: black with SENS written across the chest

RAAAAAAAAAAGE. I ******* hate the 3/4-view logos (Ottawa and Nashville), and they're going the lets-be-like-the-NBA-on-ice route Dallas took this year. They even have a new version of the profile-view senator all officially drawn up and floating around then don't even bother to use it for anything. It's like Ottawa's front office is going 'Neener neener! We have this totally awesome vintage-styled logo just begging to be put on a 3rd jersey but we're going to use a cop-out text-only 3rd that looks like crap because we HATE YOU ALL!'

RAAAAAAAAAAGE. I ******* hate the 3/4-view logos (Ottawa and Nashville), and they're going the lets-be-like-the-NBA-on-ice route Dallas took this year. They even have a new version of the profile-view senator all officially drawn up and floating around then don't even bother to use it for anything. It's like Ottawa's front office is going 'Neener neener! We have this totally awesome vintage-styled logo just begging to be put on a 3rd jersey but we're going to use a cop-out text-only 3rd that looks like crap because we HATE YOU ALL!'

I liked what Dallas did with their jerseys. They could have done a lot worse, like keeping the original third jersey..... :unsure:

I liked what Dallas did with their jerseys. They could have done a lot worse, like keeping the original third jersey..... :unsure:

They'd have needed to try very, very hard to outdo that jersey. Their newest home jersey is the exact opposite. It screams "Oh crap, we're supposed to unveil the design TODAY?!" However much they paid a design consulting firm to come up with that jersey, they grossly overpaid.

Edited by Cern

They'd have needed to try very, very hard to outdo that jersey. Their newest home jersey is the exact opposite. It screams "Oh crap, we're supposed to unveil the design TODAY?!" However much they paid a design consulting firm to come up with that jersey, they grossly overpaid.

I'm not so sure. They were simple, but they work very well. It's a different style than anyone else had, close to what Tampa had, the black Tampa jersey was my second fav (Washington's red tops my list).

But really, you are the Stars, there really isn't too much room for creativity with their current logo and name.

I agree on the Phoenix jersey, it's pretty sick.

On the site, it says the Senators jersey is rumoured to be "black with SENS written across the chest", I can't really picture it, but anxious to see it.

I agree on the Phoenix jersey, it's pretty sick.

On the site, it says the Senators jersey is rumoured to be "black with SENS written across the chest", I can't really picture it, but anxious to see it.

Just imagine the Dallas Stars jersey with SENS written across it instead. Black with gold and red trim. Sounds awful. They should get Jersey's like the Ottawa 67s and just have red white and black stripes with the 'O' in the middle.

couture-goal.jpg

They should get Jersey's like the Ottawa 67s and just have red white and black stripes with the 'O' in the middle.

Or use the new profile logo that's already drawn up and ready to be slapped onto a jersey.

The sickest one sounds like it will be coming out of St. Louis, where they will incorporate the Blues logo with the Gateway Arch. AHAHAHAH!

P.S. I like this sarcastic post by someone over on the NHL tourny of logos page;

Apparently, the NHL sent a memo to all the teams regarding third jerseys for 2008-2009:

Dear Team

In regards to third jerseys for next season, your design should include the following:

1) Black. If your team colour does not have black, use it anyway. If your dark uniforms are already black, why not have a second black jersey? We also recommend minimal striping, as it may interfere with the black.

2) The front of the jersey shall have no logo, just a word. We suggest team city, team name, or team nickname. We will also accept team mascot name.

3) If team insists on logo for the front, primary logo is to be used as shoulder logos. Secondary logo may be used on the front.

4) Numbers of player shall be placed somewhere on the front of the jersey, along with the back, both uppper arms, and back of helmet. Numbers can also be placed on the thigh of pants and socks.

5) Captain 'C' and alternate 'A' can be placed anywhere but the upper left chest.

These guidelines should be followed in order to maintain a strong fan base and generate revenue, because we know what a good jersey looks like

Thank you.

NHL & RBK

Edited by Yzerfan1999

I was referring to the other NHL teams. The third jersey Dallas used was a different than anything anyone in the NHL had.

Remember when Buffalo having numbers on the front of the jersey was so unique and cool? That sure flushed itself down the toilet fast.

all i can say is bring back wj-ana.jpg please.... :scared:

Hmmm... I wonder why the giant duck jumping through the ice isn't wearing a jersey of himself jumping through the ice... :blink:

It would be one of those infinite loops. :rolleyes:

Edit: my poor grammar

Edited by union drone

Remember when Buffalo having numbers on the front of the jersey was so unique and cool? That sure flushed itself down the toilet fast.

Numbers on the front were never cool to begin with. They throw off the jersey so much and it seems so superfluous. It probably won't happen but I wish the league would do away with this stupid trend before every team adops it.

Can you amagine how Vinny Lecavalier would look in the Stanley Cup Finals now? He'd have his #4 and not far away have the Stanley Cup patch AND the "A" all on top of the logo!

I want to see the fisherman that looks like he's selling fish sticks on the Islanders jersey again. It had a lovely array of teal and orange with waves on the bottom. Oh, and what about the big digital lookin coyote head on the green jersey with cactus lining the bottom? The NHL has seen some classics, it could be worse.