• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96Screens

have any of you ever written to NHL players?

Rate this topic

Cheli will send back 90% of the time but it is autopenned if you send him a card. He for some reason, will sign anything else normally and autopen cards. Don't ask me why, I've just heard that's how he does it. Successes with Cheli come from writing him c/o his restaurant Cheli's Chili too, just a little FYI for ya.

Thanks again for the info. I think I 'll try sending it to Cheli's Chili first and see what happens. maybe if I send a pic of her in her jersey, he will actually sign that since it isn't really player memorabilia. It's worth a shot!

another way to get autographs is by going to the charity softball game in september.

it's crowded and hot, but is worth it to see them actually sign your stuff in front of you.

and you can get pictures with them.

oh, and bring sunscreen. i made that mistake last year.

i looked like this because of the sun: :ranting:

but this because i was there: :w00t2:

First post- been a "member" for over 3 years.

My eight year old son loves Osgood- kid looks like Osgood must have looked as a boy! He wrote a nice note to Osgood a couple months ago congratulating him on the cup and bragging on how Osgood is so respectful and polite.

This week he got two autographed Osgood cards mailed back to him-I was shocked! Just go to show Osgood is a class act. Made my sons life I think.

Now he is sending notes to all of the players. We'll see how that goes and report back.

Next Friday me and the boys (now 7 & 9) are going to our first Red wings game. They don't know yet. I'll start another thread about that and what to do/expect for two young guys.

First post- been a "member" for over 3 years.

My eight year old son loves Osgood- kid looks like Osgood must have looked as a boy! He wrote a nice note to Osgood a couple months ago congratulating him on the cup and bragging on how Osgood is so respectful and polite.

This week he got two autographed Osgood cards mailed back to him-I was shocked! Just go to show Osgood is a class act. Made my sons life I think.

Now he is sending notes to all of the players. We'll see how that goes and report back.

Next Friday me and the boys (now 7 & 9) are going to our first Red wings game. They don't know yet. I'll start another thread about that and what to do/expect for two young guys.

thats really cool ! Osgood is such a great guy ! i hope the wings win when you will go see them with your kids !

I wrote to them all the time back when I was a kid to get them to sign cards and I got about 40% of them back over the years...which was like 80 cards. I've got em all up at my parents house in cases, kinda cool to have :)

I wrote to Sergie Fedorov when he was on the Wings. Sent him a card and asked him to sign it. He signed it and got it back in like 4 weeks. It was awesome! I still have the card, but sadley the signature washed off in the washer.

True Story.

Edited by Lidstromrules16

i haven't written to the wings, but did write to the Detroit Tigers, a few i sent cards to them, and they returned them signed, one of them being Nate Robertson. I think Granderson was the other player i sent a card too, it was signed also.

Edited by hokeychik22

I've gotten a ton of things from felix Potvin over the years. He became good friends with my dad when he played in St John's, and always would send us autographs from guys on whatever team he was on. Even sent us Leafs playoff tickets one year, back when they were exciting to watch haha. Nothing from the Wings unfortunately, I've never lived close enough to Detroit to even give it a try, probably will try to get ahold of Dan Cleary at some point, always talk to him after games in Calgary, so we'll see.

I'm sorry to report that the Red Wings are one of the worst teams about players seeing mail and signing through the mail. Even if you right directly to the players, the Red Wings are one of the most wide users of auto penning, so even if something comes back signed, depending on the player, he may not have ever touched your card or item you sent in.

This is in no way true. i am an autograph collector and the Wings are great about it. The only person on the team who autopen's is Yzerman. And this is mainly because of the volume of requests he gets. Other than that the only three players on the current roster that have not returned my cards yet are Lebda, Hudler, and Chelios. If you do a little bit of looking you can find there home address's which they are great about signing thru ( usually quicker that thru the Joe). And some players, like Z, sign thru his agents address.

To be honest most of the old timers(redmond, ullman, pronovost, howe, delvecchio, lindsay, gadsby, etc...) still sign too. Most of those are thru their home address's.

So don't be discouraged by Drupha.

This is in no way true. i am an autograph collector and the Wings are great about it. The only person on the team who autopen's is Yzerman. And this is mainly because of the volume of requests he gets. Other than that the only three players on the current roster that have not returned my cards yet are Lebda, Hudler, and Chelios. If you do a little bit of looking you can find there home address's which they are great about signing thru ( usually quicker that thru the Joe). And some players, like Z, sign thru his agents address.

To be honest most of the old timers(redmond, ullman, pronovost, howe, delvecchio, lindsay, gadsby, etc...) still sign too. Most of those are thru their home address's.

So don't be discouraged by Drupha.

don'tworry I wasn't :P

Just to revive my old thread here :)

so I wrote to Holmström like I said i was gonna do, I put the address on the envelope like this, as Princess told me:

ATTN: Tomas Holmström

C/O Detroit Red Wings

Joe Louis Arena

600 Civic Center Drive

Detroit, MI 48226

I was clever, I sent two cards (to check and compare them for the autopen machine) and its polite and considerate anyway to send only two. Its enough to compare but not so many cards that shows that you have respect for the fact that these guys are often quite busy and don't have the time to sign a lot of cards all at once. I also sent a self addressed stamped envelope for the same reason. Respect and consideration.

Anyway i sent the letter around September 5. A few days ago (Dec 2) my dad picked up the mail and my envelope was there. No return address on it, it was my self addressed one. I opened it and pulled out my cards signed! Both of them. The autographs are similar but they arent the same, not exact duplicates. I'm 100% sure these were not autopenned or stamped. It was pretty special to receive these from my favorite player. I practically purred :P

anyway, I took a pic of them with my digital camera just a few mins after I opened the envelope. Pretty classy and very sweet of him to do that for me. Those cards made my Christmas. :) and I hopeI made him smile with my letter. I really wanted him to know I love him and appreciate him as a person and appreciate his work.

anyway here they are.

2s7704j.jpg

Excellent work there!

The only thing of me coming close to getting autographs or stuff like that from players is possibly this weekend when I go to a minor league hockey game about 2 hours from where I live, but I have no clue who any of the players are, and I'm not much of a collectibles guy anymore. :P

btw when i went to the post office to buy the stamps for my two envelopes and ironically they both cost 96 cents each and they say 96 right on the stamp. Hehehe, I wonder if they saw that and had a bit of a chuckle at that, cause I sure did when i realized it. :P

Dear Mr. Pronger,

Tell your Mom to stop calling me! :banana:

Your friend,

esteef

Lmaooo OWNEDDDDDDD

off topic i went to the Red Wings practice awhile ago and i saw Franzen and kept calling him Mr. Franzen and he signed my jersey just like that Mr. Franzen 93, i looked after and was like wut ur number 93 now and he said somthing along the lines of ya i think so, but i never noticed the Mr. Franzen until i walked away. It was pretty hilarious to see.