• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Filppula's SCF Goal

Rate this topic

No i know i watched it live and thought it was a good goal. But all im sayign is everyone around here seems to praise this thing like it was a overtime winner, or even a late minute winner. I will it does give me a smile pretty much everytime i see it. Just me, i really dont care too much for the 96 overtime winner by yzerman. ya good shot but didnt get us anywhere besides getting beat by the avs next round.

The series after Yzerman's OT goal doesn't affect the prestige of the actual highlight itself...

Thanks for starting the thread just so that I can see some of the many sick goals scored over the years to compare.

I do agree that it was one of the best highlite goals of this cup run, but the superman style follow-thru does dress up what was essentailly just a nice deek.

There are 2 Dat's from Zett goals though that had more " HOLY $HIT , did you just see that " factor to them, but I still rank Val's goal right up there too.

Z vs 4 stars to set up dats hattrick was nice. i can not see any of the links here at work so i might repeat some of these but...

Forsberg shootout goal in the 94 olympics

overchkins behind the back (think 2 seasons ago)

spezza's deek through the team (think 2 years ago)

Dats toedrag on turco was insane

the michigan wolverine player lacross style goal

(one i just saw on youtube not long ago. some guy drops the puck pushes it through his legs with his hands then spins and hits it in) not sure what team or league

Maeks goal in the shootout

Nash's goal this year where he went trhought he team (although it looks like a lucky goal)

Kariyas goal in the 02 olympics when i forget who passed it but lemieux i think faked a onetimer and the puck kept coming and kariya put it in)

and the allstar game goal by nolan where he called the shot

Val also shot the puck before he was tripped. What's your point?

He was on one skate horizontal to the ice and was still able to put a handle on it.

Orr (if I am not mistaken) jumped after the goal went in.

Also on Zetterberg's goal against Colorado: They slowed down the replay and showed that Zetterberg saw where the puck was and knew what we was doing. It wasn't just a lucky swing of the stick.

Edited by Doc Holiday

[sALARY ARBITRATION]

Holland: Flip, at this stage in your career, we think you're worth no more than 3.5.

Flip: Yes but *pops VHS into TV, puts SCF goal on a loop*

Holland: ...OK, that's all well and good, but--

Flip: --*pumps up volume*

Holland: -___-

Flip: -___-

Edited by Dabura

He was on one skate horizontal to the ice and was still able to put a handle on it.

Orr (if I am not mistaken) jumped after the goal went in.

Also on Zetterberg's goal against Colorado: They slowed down the replay and showed that Zetterberg saw where the puck was and knew what we was doing. It wasn't just a lucky swing of the stick.

No he wasn't watch it again. Flip is bent over at the waist, on one foot while shooting the puck. He gets pushed in the back, which sent him flying.

Orr was tripped, he didn't jump.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

he got mad when the wings didnt offer him a contract that both parties agreed to, therefore he sucks and should be booed for eternity.

best goal ever

Hahahaha, i cant believe he almost lost his stick.

Seriously though, if you are asking me, there is no goal i would rather see over and over again than McCarty's vs. Philly.

Edited by Dano33

^ sergei vid

Damn he was good. And i still love the guy AS A WING. I don't care what he did after. You can't let that detract from what he did here and his legacy in the red and white. Hate him all you want for post-wings moves, but love him for what he was able to accomplish in a wings sweater.

i miss him. and i still wish him all the best.