• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pinkprincess027

Chelios Officially Re-signed 1 yr 750k

Rate this topic

From the red wings site

DETROIT – It was inevitable that Chris Chelios would return for a 25th NHL season, but it finally became official Tuesday afternoon when the 46-year-old defenseman signed a one-year deal with the Red Wings. His illustrious career dates back to the 1983-84 season when he skated in 12 games for the Montreal Canadiens.

http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=381528

Well, it'd be cool to see him tie Gordie's record of 26 seasons. But I also wouldn't mind seeing him do it in Chicago next year. If we're gonna sign the Big boys, we're going to need all the cap space we can get next year.

750,00 for Chelios and 525,000 for Quincey...

Just so everybody knows, if you go to NHL numbers and plug in the numbers for a roster without meech the cap still comes up above the ceiling...

They need to get rid of somebody who makes more than Meech or more than one person.

750,00 for Chelios and 525,000 for Quincey...

Just so everybody knows, if you go to NHL numbers and plug in the numbers for a roster without meech the cap still comes up above the ceiling...

They need to get rid of somebody who makes more than Meech or more than one person.

If the Quincey salary is correct, and NHLnumbers is correct, we are currently 1.24 mill above the cap. Lilja makes 1.25 mill. Need i say more? :P

oh and btw, lebda cap hit = 0,650 mill, so it wont be enough to trade him only. Actually its only a marginal difference from guys like Quincey and Meech, so that wont help much at all..

My big question mark is how is assigning people to gr affect the cap hit? On NHLnumbers they are counting 13 forwards, 8 defencemen (im counting 9 with Quincey) and 2 goalies against the cap..

To me, it seems as there's no question that Lilja is the one that will be gone. the only other option i see is Samuelsson+Lebda gone, and replacing them with minimum wage players. That would also do the trick. (removing only samuelsson is not enough)

Lilja and a guy from GR or maybe just maybe Lilja and Sammy for a grinder/enforcer.

Maybe a guy like Willie Mitchell, Vancouver could use the D and Scoring or anything for that matter.

Willie may not put the biscuit in the basket that much but 10-20 points and the ability to smash some one's head.

Maybe send them to LA, Fla, Carolina and get some form of a physical force back.

Holland usually likes to operate about 1mil under the cap, that may not be possible this year, but if he sends these two off and get a grinder and a prospect or a grinder and an AHLer.

Grrr... well, there is no "let's play it out in camp" anymore. Lilja absolutely has to be traded.

I want Chelios back, but would have really liked if he would put his money where his mouth is and play for league minimum.

Lilja and a guy from GR or maybe just maybe Lilja and Sammy for a grinder/enforcer.

Maybe a guy like Willie Mitchell, Vancouver could use the D and Scoring or anything for that matter.

Willie may not put the biscuit in the basket that much but 10-20 points and the ability to smash some one's head.

Maybe send them to LA, Fla, Carolina and get some form of a physical force back.

Holland usually likes to operate about 1mil under the cap, that may not be possible this year, but if he sends these two off and get a grinder and a prospect or a grinder and an AHLer.

:blink:

Trading Lilja for an enforcer would be the equivalent of trading Datsyuk for a great set-up man, or trading Lidstrom for a #1 defenseman.

:blink:

Trading Lilja for an enforcer would be the equivalent of trading Datsyuk for a great set-up man, or trading Lidstrom for a #1 defenseman.

Except for the fact that I am trading away these players for the salary dump not necessarily what I get in return, I would like to get an enforcer back.

In my scenario Sammy would be traded for an enforcer (as the returning player would be a forward) and Lilja would be traded for the release of salary. That is a horrible way to look at it but the two would be bundled for one forward who makes as much as one of them and the rest would be a salary dump.

I actually don't mind trading the two for a group of prospects or picks, the main reasons to trading a D man is the logjam and cap space.

My wanting to trade Lilja and Sammy has very little to do with their skill set except that the skills they provide would definitely be desired by other teams more than Lebda and Helm (not saying trade them just using the names as examples).

Plus you first line is a bit of an exaggeration, Lilja is not top 5 fighter in the league, the other 2 are top 3 in the league at what you used.

If Kenny finds away to get rid of enough salary and keep Lilja I am all for it, as long as some one on the back end gets traded to make space. I never really thought they would trade him due to sign and trades being rare, I assumed it would be Sammy and a lesser paid D player (Lebda, Meech, etc). That way it opens up salary, Mule, Hossa, Cleary, Huds, and Flip will be able to cover the "secondary scoring" (Hossa is not secondary) void left by Sammy. Plus it opens up what is going to be a logjam at forward really soon. Maybe your third line is Cleary Flip X, with the X being Leino, Abdelkader, etc.

I still think that is the way to go I just have a feeling that Lilja is gone, in my opinion having a solid D man is more important than a solid forward. Especially when you look at this team's forwards.

How much does Willie Mitchell make? That would actually be a great pickup for the bottom pair defense.

How much does Willie Mitchell make? That would actually be a great pickup for the bottom pair defense.

Willie is on the hook for $3.5M/yr. We'd have to trade Lilly and Stuart to make it work.

Needless to say that isn't a good idea.

Willie is on the hook for $3.5M/yr. We'd have to trade Lilly and Stuart to make it work.

Not only that, but Mitchell is better than a bottom-pairing Dman, and many would take him over Brad Stuart be it because of personal preference or otherwise.

I stand corrected, didn"t research his pay check.

Hah, I had no idea he made that much. Yeah, that definitly wouldn't work.

Me too!

Only way we'd get Willie is if he's on the last year of his contract, because he makes 3.5 million. But good guy to bring up, and you cant imagine how excited I'd be if Mitchell came to Detroit.

Lilja and Sammy for a Neil type player that's kinda cheap is a good idea as well, so we keep toughness in the lineup and rotate Kopecky/Downey/McCarty