• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Pictures of Lidstroms House

Rate this topic

I am VERY surprised that Nick drives a Bentley. He seems far too modest for that.

In all honesty it is a very subdued car. It's a comfortable luxury coupe that isn't overly flashy. What did you expect him to drive? Did you miss the Range Rover and Navigator in the background. The Bentley is exactly what I would expect someone as modest as Nick to drive. It is very much like him, understated, classy, not flashy at all and in the realm of cars it really isn't overly expensive.

In all honesty it is a very subdued car. It's a comfortable luxury coupe that isn't overly flashy. What did you expect him to drive? Did you miss the Range Rover and Navigator in the background. The Bentley is exactly what I would expect someone as modest as Nick to drive. It is very much like him, understated, classy, not flashy at all and in the realm of cars it really isn't overly expensive.

Exactly. A Continental GT suits Nick to a T. Just like Sergei's Enzo suits him to a T.

I am not a celebrity of any shape of form, but even I wouldn't want you posting that s*** on a website.

Would you also like to let everyone know what school his kids go to, when they are out at recess, what is their favorite restaurant?

What possess some one to give directions to some one's house, baring in mind they don't know the person at all other than being a fan?

Pahleeeez. Check your self righteous attitude at the homepage. Excuse me for sharing info everyone else near there already knows. Anyone with more than innocent intentions would have no problem finding the information elsewhere. Besides, the first pic is of his subdivision's sign... there's only about 2 dozen homes in there, if you were looking for it, its pretty easy to spot it when they basically show a picture of his front door.

Besides, the first pic is of his subdivision's sign... there's only about 2 dozen homes in there, if you were looking for it, its pretty easy to spot it when they basically show a picture of his front door.

Plus I'm willing to bet that such an exclusive neighborhood would have pretty good security.

What if the Bentley is his wife's car?

Haha, It's definitely Nick's. I saw an interview online a number of months ago and the guy asked him what kind of car he drove. He said his Bentley was his special occasion car, and the Range Rover is the 'family vehicle'.

Driving an incredible car doesn't make you any less modest. From these photos it seems that he enjoys the finer things in life that his work has allowed him to afford. More power to him. Now, if he were arrogant about it and constantly brought it up then his modesty could come in to question.

I'm not saying it makes him any less modest, but it's certainly a display of wealth/status thing, which I didn't expect. I guess that's how I should have phrased it. Not that I'm condemning it in the least, I'm just saying it surprised me.

I'm not saying it makes him any less modest, but it's certainly a display of wealth/status thing, which I didn't expect. I guess that's how I should have phrased it. Not that I'm condemning it in the least, I'm just saying it surprised me.

Now I'm just curious......what type of car would you expect him to be driving?

I expected a Range Rover and a couple BMWs and Benzes just to kind of blend in a little more with the common (wealthy) man. It's just the status attached to a Bentley even though (relatively speaking) it's not *THAT* much money that made me think he wouldn't have one.

Like I said though, I'm not criticizing him for it or anything, I'm only offering the fact that it's something I didn't expect.

I wish I would have saved it when I first saw it, but the HHOF website had a special gallery once of pictures with players at their homes with the Cup highlighting the tradition and Nick had the Cup, Conn Smythe, and Norris stacked on the hood of a Volvo stationwagon.

I wish I would have saved it when I first saw it, but the HHOF website had a special gallery once of pictures with players at their homes with the Cup highlighting the tradition and Nick had the Cup, Conn Smythe, and Norris stacked on the hood of a Volvo stationwagon.

Here's the link, if it doesn't go to the right picture it's in that slidshow.

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/htmlgallery...sctour018.htm#x

I expected a Range Rover and a couple BMWs and Benzes just to kind of blend in a little more with the common (wealthy) man. It's just the status attached to a Bentley even though (relatively speaking) it's not *THAT* much money that made me think he wouldn't have one.

Like I said though, I'm not criticizing him for it or anything, I'm only offering the fact that it's something I didn't expect.

There was a point last summer where I saw a different Continental GT every day for a week and a half. The Continental GT is not nearly the same price as a traditional Bentley, in fact, a BMW 760Li or Mercedes S65 AMG cost just as much as a C GT. I guess you have to know cars a little more in depth than the common person to know that the Continental GT isn't the ultra-expensive car that is attached with the Bentley nameplate. Now an Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, those are the ultra-expensive Bentleys.

There was a point last summer where I saw a different Continental GT every day for a week and a half. The Continental GT is not nearly the same price as a traditional Bentley, in fact, a BMW 760Li or Mercedes S65 AMG cost just as much as a C GT. I guess you have to know cars a little more in depth than the common person to know that the Continental GT isn't the ultra-expensive car that is attached with the Bentley nameplate. Now an Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, those are the ultra-expensive Bentleys.

Right, I said that relatively speaking it's not that expensive. It's still a lot of money, but Nick makes it in about 10 days. Like I said, it's just the status associated with the Bentley name that surprised me about it.