• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

Kopecky hit on Carle video

Rate this topic

That took them forever to get that guy off the ice... GREAT game tho even tho we lost it. Now wondering how Liddy is doing. There was a lot of blood on the ice.

Babcock said he should be fine.

I'm actually surprised Kopecky is back so soon after his ACL injury. Seems he's made a very quick and healthy recovery and already has a lot of confidence in his knee if he's dishing out hits like that. He was really starting to play well last season before injury struck so it's good having him back on the ice and hopefully he can have a solid season. I like what he adds to the team.

That was indeed a crazy hit. I couldn't tell if Koppy stuck his elbow out or not, but from the look that I got it looked as if he was trying to get out of the way and get back in position and Carle and he collided! Crazy!! What do the rest of you all think??

What do you mean if Liddy is ok? Are you talking about Lidstrom?

Yes, a puck hit Liddy (Lidstrom) in the face tonight... he didn't return afterward. They had a little clean up to do on the ice, but sounds like he'll be ok.

Clean hit, saw it myself from the upper bowl. I think the guy wasn't breathing for a good 10 seconds because I didn't see him move at all till the trainer got there. You could hear everyone go "OHHHH" when they played it back on the jumbotron.

Looked clean to me, just bad timing for both players. Carle seemed to turn left just as Kopecky got near, and it looked like Carle was going over top of Kopecky with his stick. Unfortunate but didn't see the elbows up like a Chris Pronger hit, hopefully Carle is ok.

Yes, a puck hit Liddy (Lidstrom) in the face tonight... he didn't return afterward. They had a little clean up to do on the ice, but sounds like he'll be ok.

I will never understand why ALL hockey players don't wear face shields. Is it worth losing your eye/vision? Then you won't be playing AT ALL!

WHY THE f*** DID HE GET A PENALTY FOR THAT, refs costed us the game

He didn't

The play clearly kept going after the hit until a Montreal player touched the puck.

The roughing penalty Kopecky got was for the stuff behind the net and Belle got a double roughing minor and it was on the resulting power play that Holmstrom scored the first goal.

Stuff like that on top of his all-around game is why Kopay has the 12th spot locked up, and anyone who thinks McCarty or Downey has a shot at regular time is just silly.

Thank god for some sanity !! :thumbup:

Stuff like that on top of his all-around game is why Kopay has the 12th spot locked up, and anyone who thinks McCarty or Downey has a shot at regular time is just silly.

That's kind of a dumb thing to say, you're just asking to trigger another 10 page thread about the same old debate, with the same old posters. Fans, coaches, and managers all have different opinions on enforcers, yours is quite clear, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

That's kind of a dumb thing to say, you're just asking to trigger another 10 page thread about the same old debate, with the same old posters. Fans, coaches, and managers all have different opinions on enforcers, yours is quite clear, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

It doesn't matter how everyone else feels. Because they're wrong, and I'm right. :P