• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
going_top_shelf

3rd Jersey?

Rate this topic

I think the third jersey would be a nice added change to our closet of jerseys.... not just because all the cool kids are doing it.

Meh i have been around so much change these last few years in my life... i guess i am just not afraid of this type of change is all.

Because the main reason people talk about a third jersey is "all the cool kids are doing it"

Detroit is an original six team. They need to keep their tradition and not follow every trend that comes into the NHL. If they ever did a throwback it should reflect their history, like the Wings jerseys of old (smaller, vintage logo)

Black doesn't look bad for the fans...

i don't remember seeing anyone on here that was for the 3rd saying they want to do it because all the cool kids are doing it....maybe i missed it.

and you guys are right....why should anyone want something other then what you guys want.

I think instead of a 3rd jersey it would be neat if Detroit used their old 'inverted' winged wheel on one of their jerseys. Similar to how Toronto has a white logo for home and a blue one for away.

So wearing a third black color jersey eliminates us from cup contention now? Why can't we have intimdating black jerseys AND win the stanley cup?

Personally i like the way the lettered black jersey looks... not the black practice style cause well thats what every team uses to practice with... but the black one i have looks great.

yep i like that ozzie jersey u have.always wanted one of those,never knew where to score one

Why? The Wings have never had an alternate or third jersey, save for the 91-92 season when the NHL mandated that all O6 teams wear throwback jerseys to celebrate the league's 75th anniversary. What does it tell you, that in the 12 seasons that 3rd jerseys have been in the league, the Wings and the Devils are the ONLY teams to have never worn a third or alternate jersey?

And I'm sorry, but that link provided for the suggested third jersey or alternate logos for the Wings? Anyone who thinks that THIS abomination would be a good way to "upgrade" the Wings' current logo cannot be taken seriously...

post-3124-1224124391.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :puke:

That jersey was not even REALLY a Red Wings jersey. The "Candy Cane" jersey that you're reffering to was actually worn by the Detroit Cougars for a resounding ONE TWO SEASONS, 1927-1928 & 1929-1930. It was used as the league-mandated throwback jersey for the Wings for the 91-92 season, so at MOST it has 3 years of "tradition" and "heritage" going for it.

27-28 as well, per your link

and what exactly is that suppose to mean? because i like the joker....better come up with something a little bettter than that if your going to try and take a personal jab at someone.

forget your midol today? it seemed like a harmless joke related to having a joker avatar, not a personal jab.

Butsayev tops Cory Cross. At least Cross did something right here (destroying Steve Ott).

I own a white Norm Maracle # 38 jersey, i think that takes the cake

You guys got me. I don't have a Cory Cross jersey, and Maracle and Butsayev beat me pretty badly.

*thinking*

Sean Avery #42?

I don't think it would be horrible, some people do.

However, no black! I like black jerseys, but the Wings will never be and should never be black.

If anything a Retro jersey with the large wheel and wing set and maybe some the tie at the top

But thats it

In the 2006-07 season I saw people with Detroit Bertuzzi jerseys when the Wings played at Vancouver. If that wasn't a jersey bust I don't know what is, Bert wasn't even playing in that game because he was still recuperating from that back injury.

I understand keeping things "traditional". I like the very simple look and simple jerseys that Detroit has always had. I don't want that to change. And I highly doubt that is going to change anytime soon or the Wings will try anything overly obnoxious or gaudy in terms of any jersey tweaking in the future, if it ever happens.

I will repeat that I understand keeping things the same, but it's not like we're going to be asking the Red Wings to start being cross-dressing Dennis Rodman look-a-like models here or getting cosmetic surgery a la Michael Jackson.

It doesn't hurt to go outside the boundaries sometimes, the lines will still be your friends. A simple 3rd design wouldn't hurt anybody. I'll again suggest something simple like what the Rangers do with the diagonal names across the jerseys, the same with what Pitt did in the early and mid-90s with their dark jerseys.

It doesn't hurt to go outside the boundaries sometimes, the lines will still be your friends. A simple 3rd design wouldn't hurt anybody.

Wouldn't help anyone, either. And it also wouldn't hurt not to have a third. Every new jersey is an opportunity to screw things up. And what would it improve? How can you improve on perfection?

Wouldn't help anyone, either. And it also wouldn't hurt not to have a third. Every new jersey is an opportunity to screw things up. And what would it improve? How can you improve on perfection?

so maybe we should just stick to the fans that we have and not try to get anymore? its not like we will be a sellout team if we have a third like some on here suggest...yes i know its all up to what you like...i like a third....to me i would love an old school look maybe like SWF saidwith just the name and the ties at the top....but again....you can't mess with what we have and you wouldn't be...you would just be adding to it.

I've always found the third jersey to be marketing/jersey sales item more than anything. I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm superstitous with my jerseys. I always wear red when we're at home and white when we're on the road. I like the fact I always know what my team will be wearing on any given night. Also, it's undeniable that many of the NHL third jerseys over the years have been fashion punchlines. Keep the classic and simple look. No need for a third jersey. :thumbdown:

The Wings don't need a third jersey. Maybe when attendance really fails or if the team goes into a funk again. That's when it should be done.

Black jerseys suck balls.

That said. I'd buy this coat set-up, but there's too much black. I won't buy it.

2950518150_0e0f2afcee.jpg

The Wings don't need a third jersey. Maybe when attendance really fails or if the team goes into a funk again. That's when it should be done.

Black jerseys suck balls.

That said. I'd buy this coat set-up, but there's too much black. I won't buy it.

2950518150_0e0f2afcee.jpg

sounds like someone is racist to black clothing. (just a joke) i have enough (red) red wings items. ITS TIME FOR SOME BLACK DAMMIT :thumbup:

Do you all see what is happening here? I think we should change to this... I think it should keep it the same but if we did, maybe we could.... The only consistent thing I see here is what I have always seen when it comes to the Wings. Don't change a dam thing. Are you ashamed at wearing your Classic Red Wings jersey? Do you think it’s going out of style? It’s only been in style for over 75 years. What other attire has been in style this long? You should be glad that if you buy one it won’t go out of style. One thing I've noticed about the other teams that have changed their jerseys, or have a third jersey. They can't make up their minds what they want. Do you want to watch a Red Wings game on TV and not be able to tell what team your watching because there are so many different color jerseys in the stands, or do you want to see a sea of Red and White? One thing that makes the Red Wings so great is that the tradition hasn't changed. I really feel bad for other teams like the Phoenix Coyotes that had such a great original jersey with such unique colors. They just caved in and changed them just like that. Now they look like some generic jersey that could be from anywhere and nowhere. We have a jersey with so much great history behind it. How can you possibly want to change it? If you did you would just want to change it again in a few years. If you don't like what you see in the stands at the Joe, maybe you should buy a new Phoenix jersey and root for them!

Wasn't they trying to go for a 3rd jersey a few years ago its was red & black.. was in 02 cus i got it at the Hockeytown authetics. I have a Robitaille one, the lettering is white & red.. The Red Wing players didn't want it. o.O

They can't make up their minds what they want. Do you want to watch a Red Wings game on TV and not be able to tell what team your watching because there are so many different color jerseys in the stands, or do you want to see a sea of Red and White?

Amen to that. Anyone ever been to a Canucks game in Vancouver? If you knew nothing about the Canucks' history you'd think there was a tournament in the house instead of a single game. Jerseys of white, blue, navy, maroon, red, yellow, green, and that's not even counting the Flames fans in the house. That's what you get when you have this mentality that you need to add new looks. The Wings, I'm sure, will never change from red, but why would we want to act like other teams?