• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

grimace1970

Legace injures himself on Palin's carpet

Rate this topic

The only power delgated to the Vice-President by the constitution, is to preside over the senate. Beyond that the Vice-President has as much or as little power as the President gives him/her. So when she said the vice-president runs the senate, she was correct. Some Vice-Presidents were little more then figureheads, (and presided over the senate)

Yeah but she didnt say that, all she said, after being pressed by the reporter is they run the senate. Its fun how you know that, but she did not

Michigan losing jobs has nothing to do with voting democratic, and it wouldnt make a difference if they voted republican. I has to do with the lose manufactoring jobs to overseas markets. Crimes goes hand in hand with unemployment. There are plenty of ways to run a government, ir really does not have anything to do with being rightwing or leftwing. Canada, a extremely liberal left wing country, had been relatively unscathed by this economics crisis, yet during the last recession in the 1990's, canada took a big hit and america was the one unscathed. But right now its obvious the republicans have done a horrible job. It's only natural that the ONLY other party is doing so well.

And Palin is a dumbass.

Really. Can you name a State that is run by Democrats that has a surplus of money. The states that have 3% unemployment are all run by Rupublicans. Here's what they do Lower taxes all people (including wealthy and businesses). Businesses then moveto those states where they can employ more people and make more money to compete against companis from other countries. It's very simple the larger the government the less free it's citizens will be. you're voting Dem for a larger government. I don't expect you to change but it's just common sense. Dems took over 2/3's of the government two years ago ( the part that writes bills and signs them into law). They also caused the market collapse by forcing banks to give loans to minorities with no money down and bad credit ( they forced banks to do it). Bush is a lliberal rupublican. He didn't veto one dem bill and spent spent spent.

Dems took over 2/3's of the government two years ago ( the part that writes bills and signs them into law). They also caused the market collapse by forcing banks to give loans to minorities with no money down and bad credit ( they forced banks to do it). Bush is a lliberal rupublican. He didn't veto one dem bill and spent spent spent.

Sorry to carry this so far off topic; however let me correct you on this comment:

The government did urge Fannie and Freddie to increase homeownership in moderate to low-income housing areas; however there was no forcing of this. The time that this suggestion was made to these two mortgage giants, Congress had a republican majority. Congress did not create the lending criteria, Fannie and Freddie did. Their lending criteria was too relaxed and helped create homeownership situations which likely should never have occurred.

Also, keep in mind that during that time Alan Greenspan, a self-described republican, ran the Federal Reserve. His policy was to allow industry to regulate itself.

Finally, Bush did veto several bills while in office, all which were mainly democrat-initiated or modified.

I am not an expert on Bush or Congress, however I am an expert in home finance and the related federal and local laws, acts and related legislation. Sorry to poke holes in your comments, but I didn't want anyone to be persuaded unless they learn the entire truth.

Really. Can you name a State that is run by Democrats that has a surplus of money. The states that have 3% unemployment are all run by Rupublicans. Here's what they do Lower taxes all people (including wealthy and businesses). Businesses then moveto those states where they can employ more people and make more money to compete against companis from other countries. It's very simple the larger the government the less free it's citizens will be. you're voting Dem for a larger government. I don't expect you to change but it's just common sense. Dems took over 2/3's of the government two years ago ( the part that writes bills and signs them into law). They also caused the market collapse by forcing banks to give loans to minorities with no money down and bad credit ( they forced banks to do it). Bush is a lliberal rupublican. He didn't veto one dem bill and spent spent spent.

Okay they did not force banks to give money to minorities, that is the stupidest thing in the entire world to say. What you had were politicians and lobbest making rules and regulations they weren't fit to make.

Denmark has the highest employment rate in the world, with a corporate tax rate of 50%, maybe the most liberal country in the world

Almost all the states are being run by democrats, many of which have switch because of the economy. You use the example of Alaska, use a real example, alaska has Oil to pay for its spending. Pick one that is similar to michigan. The answer is there isnt one.

I like you use the words LESS FREE, that doesnt even make any sense. If the people vote to nationlize thinks like healthcare, then it is their choice, they have the freedom to do so. Just like when michigan voted to make *** marriage illegal.

Name one bill passed in the last two years that Bush should have vetoed?

Bush is unfit to hold office, he was way too stupid for his job. He threw money at the school system, which was adament cause, except it was a complete failure.

The only other thing he increased in spending was the 1) military 2)corporate incentives and subsidies; which is more or less a tax break for those companies that are evil and the onesdont have to money to pay lobbyist get f***ed, which is another reason jobs are leaving your country.

Calling Bush liberal is funny, In any event all current free market government are liberal. liberal free market governments. No one uses a liasse faire system. The great depression proved that it doesnt work. The world markets are forever changing, and there will always need to be regulations, knowing how much and where is the tricky part.

I don't see how you can hold her responsible for the carpet. They have ceremonial puck drops all the time. If it had been Biden, most of you would be blaming Legace's clumsiness. I do agree that while they are campaining they should not be doing appearances at sporting events. When I go to a game I don't want to have to think about politics. On a different note, I told SI I wouldn't be renewing my subscription as they seem to want to bring politics into it and show their bias at the same time. Yes Palin was booed in Philly, but they cheered her in St Louis although there was no mention of it, only how somehow Legacy tripping over carpet is her fault. of course to be fair, they probably weren't cheering once they found out Legacy was injured...but still, not her fault. I don't buy sports magazines to hear about their politices just like if I go to a concert and they preach their politics to me, I don't buy any more of their cds. I go to these events for what they are, not to have someone push their politics on to me. K done ranting.

Edited by Spinner

Sorry to carry this so far off topic; however let me correct you on this comment:

The government did urge Fannie and Freddie to increase homeownership in moderate to low-income housing areas; however there was no forcing of this. The time that this suggestion was made to these two mortgage giants, Congress had a republican majority. Congress did not create the lending criteria, Fannie and Freddie did. Their lending criteria was too relaxed and helped create homeownership situations which likely should never have occurred.

Also, keep in mind that during that time Alan Greenspan, a self-described republican, ran the Federal Reserve. His policy was to allow industry to regulate itself.

Finally, Bush did veto several bills while in office, all which were mainly democrat-initiated or modified.

I am not an expert on Bush or Congress, however I am an expert in home finance and the related federal and local laws, acts and related legislation. Sorry to poke holes in your comments, but I didn't want anyone to be persuaded unless they learn the entire truth.

Correct. Republicans repeatedly warned of the impending collapse only to be stonewalled by Dems insisting nothing was wrong and there were no risks.

esteef

Considering most of the posts on this page were political discussions and had nothing to do with Palin dropping the puck, can we move this to the political forum now?

Pretty please?

You are the one who did that. Michigan has 10,000,000 people. Denmark has half that. The reason they are successful is the businesses are taxed once, not three times. There tax rate is still lower than the US. We are the second highest in the world! Employers can hire and fire any time they like. So jobs are plentiful. But the average person doesn't have a car. The vast amount of the population doesn't have a house. They keep things low by only letting rich and skilled people to move there. In your world all the red wings would earn the same amount and every team that was winning would have to give up their best player. I'm done with political crap Go Wings

Guest nutz2u
I think palin just joined the race to get to go to some hockey games for free. :ph34r:

Wrong! She wanted a new wardrobe. :blush:

You are the one who did that. Michigan has 10,000,000 people. Denmark has half that. The reason they are successful is the businesses are taxed once, not three times. There tax rate is still lower than the US. We are the second highest in the world! Employers can hire and fire any time they like. So jobs are plentiful. But the average person doesn't have a car. The vast amount of the population doesn't have a house. They keep things low by only letting rich and skilled people to move there. In your world all the red wings would earn the same amount and every team that was winning would have to give up their best player. I'm done with political crap Go Wings

I am the one who did what? wtf are you talking about?

^^ What is that? ^^

What in THEEEEE f*** are you tal...........nevermind.

Harold, Denmark, Red Wings' salaries, housing........I musta missed something.

Correct. Republicans repeatedly warned of the impending collapse only to be stonewalled by Dems insisting nothing was wrong and there were no risks.

esteef

Esteef,

You are completely incorrect. Please re-read my post and see that the low-to-moderate income inctenive loans were initiated during the Rupublican-lead Congressional regime. Also, it is not Congress' job to oversee the financial industry. It is the Federal Reserve who had more direct access. The Fed was then run by Republican Alan Greenspan. I am not saying that Democrats were not to blame. Republicans simply had a greater hand. Also, keep in mind that Greenspan's actions and policy helped the financial sector to grow with minimal federal regulation. At that point, it didn't matter what Congress would have done, unless they took action before 2002.

Esteef,

You are completely incorrect. Please re-read my post and see that the low-to-moderate income inctenive loans were initiated during the Rupublican-lead Congressional regime. Also, it is not Congress' job to oversee the financial industry. It is the Federal Reserve who had more direct access. The Fed was then run by Republican Alan Greenspan. I am not saying that Democrats were not to blame. Republicans simply had a greater hand. Also, keep in mind that Greenspan's actions and policy helped the financial sector to grow with minimal federal regulation. At that point, it didn't matter what Congress would have done, unless they took action before 2002.

Goodness gracious, certainly Republicans are to blame for this as well, but if you think for a second that the Democrats don't hold far more of the blame, you're out of your mind. You're seriously suggesting that even though most of these initiatives were based on Democrat ideals and bills during the democratic Clinton administration, and that they were staunchly defended by democrats primarily every time anyone (usually Republicans) wanted to regulate it, that it's more the fault of the Republicans fault because of the majority congress? I mean, there's a hint of relevance in that suggestion, a very tiny hint, but far more relevance in the suggestion that this was primarily a democratic pet-political cause that was rooted in the ideals of the democratic Clinton administration. And sure, there are certainly some scumbag Republicans who can take some blame too, but none top the likes of democrat Barney Frank. I mean, for the love, it's blatently factual that Clinton pushed for this to skyrocket as part of his inner-city reform plans! And who was the brilliant president behind the Community Reinvestment Act back in 1977? Some guy named Carter? Democrat, no?

Here's a slew of articles from way back when and now. Tell me again how the Republicans are really more to blame?

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editoria...nancial_fiasco/

http://www.bos.frb.org/commdev/commaff/closingt.pdf - actual guidelines distributed to lenders outlining policy changes such as accepting "welfare checks" as a source of income.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...;pagewanted=all - The last two paragraphs say so much...

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/may/31/news/mn-42807

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220917961...ost_emailed_day - Puke.

http://www.cato.org/testimony/ct-ni3-8.html - Clinton vowed to veto bills that passed that went along with the idea of eliminating the CRA which many people foresaw as causing a lot of problems down the road.

In any event, I do think it's fair to say politics are at fault here. You don't give money to people who can't pay it back. It's a dumb thing to do. That's common sense. A lot of dumbass politicans played political games to gather votes among minority and low-income voters while getting cuts in their back pockets. It's a shame. Again, I'll hardly say the Republicans aren't largely to blame for the mess as well, but ignorant suggestions such as yours that it's more them and not the Dems which is generally just a silly, political statement in and of itself is the root problem of the publics right now. People are so divided based on stupid stuff that doesn't matter (abortion, ain't changing! and malarky like that) that they don't take time to think objectively about what's going on and just find a way to blame the other side. It's pathetic and either way with these two jokers running for President, we're going to get what we deserve. Decades of poor choices have already interpreted what the next ten years will look like.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's what he deserves for costing us the Cup in 2006. I hate that overrated punk, Legace.

Nice going Sarah. After this, she gets my vote for sure.

Are you kidding me? Legace is one of the classiest, most humble players to ever wear the winged wheel. It's also pretty ridiculous to ever laugh and get excited about an injury, especially in the case of such a nice guy.

You're an idiot.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

Are you kidding me? Legace is one of the classiest, most humble players to ever wear the winged wheel. It's also pretty ridiculous to ever laugh and get excited about an injury, especially in the case of such a nice guy.

You're an idiot.

lol, not to mention blaming a goalie for losing an entire playoff series is getting a little old..

:lol::lol::lol:

That's what he deserves for costing us the Cup in 2006. I hate that overrated punk, Legace.

Nice going Sarah. After this, she gets my vote for sure.

No chance. The Wings weren't competing at a high enough level to win the Cup with any goalie in net that year.

This is just an ignorant comment.

You're an idiot.

Thank you.

You're an idiot.

No chance. The Wings weren't competing at a high enough level to win the Cup with any goalie in net that year.

This is just an ignorant comment.

Thank you.

Thanks for not waiting like 4 days to respond to my post.

If you guys don't like what I posted, too bad. At least I wasn't the one who started calling people idiots all of a sudden for having a different opinion on something. Some posters here really need to grow up with the personal attacks.

If you guys don't like what I posted, too bad. At least I wasn't the one who started calling people idiots all of a sudden for having a different opinion on something. Some posters here really need to grow up with the personal attacks.

God forbid I don't check LGW every waking minute of every day. I just saw your post for the first time and responded. I didn't realize there was an expiration to when you can respond to a post. [/sarcasm]

Well this is a discussion board and as a result the idea behind it is to discuss topics and people's views on them. Gofigure that some people replied to your post. That hows a dicussion board works. The comment you made was a simplistic reason as to why the Red Wings didn't win the Cup in 05/06. I'm stating that Legace was only one of the many reasons they didn't win that year.

To pin the entire wrap on Legace when the Wings didn't even get past the first round is beyond obscure.

God forbid I don't check LGW every waking minute of every day. I just saw your post for the first time and responded. I didn't realize there was an expiration to when you can respond to a post. [/sarcasm]

You know NFM25, in the economy we are in today, I can't believe you as a MOD don't have this site open on your PC 24/7. This needs to be your full time job. You should be checking this site every second of every day for the newest postings and rantings. Why if I don't hear a response to this very post in the next 5 minutes, I just might not post again.[\sarcasm]

Some of us don't get free room and board from our parents like GMRWings1983, so we have to work during the day and can't always check a message board website.

POST EXPIRATION: 10/27/08 3:00 PM ET

You know NFM25, in the economy we are in today, I can't believe you as a MOD don't have this site open on your PC 24/7. This needs to be your full time job. You should be checking this site every second of every day for the newest postings and rantings. Why if I don't hear a response to this very post in the next 5 minutes, I just might not post again.[\sarcasm]

Some of us don't get free room and board from our parents like GMRWings1983, so we have to work during the day and can't always check a message board website.

POST EXPIRATION: 10/27/08 3:00 PM ET

:lol:

okay so i was thinking something totaly different by this thread title "Legace injures himself on Palin's carpet"... Gotta get my mind out of the gutter... Legace doesn't do pornos

okay so i was thinking something totaly different by this thread title "Legace injures himself on Palin's carpet"... Gotta get my mind out of the gutter... Legace doesn't do pornos

Thank God...I thought I was the only one who was thinking the same thing. :lol: