• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Johan Franzen is one of the NHL's top 20 forwards.

Rate this topic

I don't see how he ISNT!!!!

The guy keeps on bringing it every week!!! Who the hell is gonna stop him from Scoring?? NOBODY!!!! Nobody will keep him off the puck, nobody will poke check him, nobody will check him out ouf position. Nobody will touch the puck! NOBODY WILL TAKE THAT PUCK FROM YOU JOHAN!!!!!!NOOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franzen is playing like a ..............

great

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hossa, Iginla, Gaborik, Kane, Getzlaf, Marleau, Doan.

Lecavalier, Ovechkin, Semin, Malkin, Crosby, Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson, Savard, Richards, Parise.

[by the way, it's West/East, and I just named the first 20 I could think of]

Edited by Anomalously

No, not yet ... I don't think we have a large enough sampling size of Franzen playing at what appears to be the top of his game to place him ahead of guys who are arguably less skilled but have been performing at a consistently high level for years. I would have a hard time putting him ahead of, say, Rick Nash or Drury or Gomez or Briere, even though I firmly believe he brings more to the table, has the potential to be better than all of them, and has shown pretty good signs of living up to that potential very soon ... he just hasn't done it yet. Let's get him locked up long-term, then put him in the top 20! :P

Well, it's not difficult to say he's doing well. The guy has scored in every game since he's been back. It's like the puck is attracted to his stick. Hope he keeps it up and we can afford him next year. :unsure:

I can easily see how each team in the league would have a player that statistically proves to be "better" than Mule. The question is, would those players be as good with the same amount of minutes he gets? And conversly, would the Mule have better stats if he played #1 minutes. In this case it is very difficult to compare the two.

A perfect example of this is Hudler. Last season he had the best numbers with very little TOI, this season with more TOI his percentages have declined. That is a glaring fault with being human, there is nothing that is linear. Every aspect of the species has an optimum level, things can level off or drop off drastically after that.

I can easily see how each team in the league would have a player that statistically proves to be "better" than Mule. The question is, would those players be as good with the same amount of minutes he gets? And conversly, would the Mule have better stats if he played #1 minutes. In this case it is very difficult to compare the two.

A perfect example of this is Hudler. Last season he had the best numbers with very little TOI, this season with more TOI his percentages have declined. That is a glaring fault with being human, there is nothing that is linear. Every aspect of the species has an optimum level, things can level off or drop off drastically after that.

Franzen is #4 in ice time among forwards, only about 30 seconds less than Hossa ...

The guy hasn't stopped scoring since second half of last season... What is he averaging, >0.75 GPG since then, including playoffs. I made this thread because of that. Collectively, there has been maybe a small batch of players (forwards, defense, and goalies) better than him over the last 6 months of hockey played... In terms of hot players, he is a top gun, and I think soon he will be easily a top 20 forward in terms of elite, proven ones. Unfortunately we might see even more production from him in a different jersey.

The guy hasn't stopped scoring since second half of last season... What is he averaging, >0.75 GPG since then, including playoffs. I made this thread because of that. Collectively, there has been maybe a small batch of players (forwards, defense, and goalies) better than him over the last 6 months of hockey played... In terms of hot players, he is a top gun, and I think soon he will be easily a top 20 forward in terms of elite, proven ones. Unfortunately we might see even more production from him in a different jersey.

the only way he would be in top 20 is consistency... Datsyuk and Zetterburg put in several years in a row of production and are both 2 way complete players... when franzen can prove he is a consistent scoring machine, maybe then. I say we ask this question in 2 years...

I will highlight the guys I think Franzen deserves just as much, or maybe more credit then.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hossa, Iginla, Gaborik, Kane, Getzlaf, Marleau, Doan.

Lecavalier, Ovechkin, Semin, Malkin, Crosby, Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson, Savard, Richards, Parise.

[by the way, it's West/East, and I just named the first 20 I could think of]

Oh, and you forgot Thornton, Nash, Staal, Kovalchuk in that batch.

I love Franzen, but I don't think he would look as good if he didn't have Zetterberg feeding him gorgeous passes like we saw against Tampa. It seems like a lot of his goals are tap ins. I would still say he is top 35 though, he brings a lot to the table besides scoring goals.

I will highlight the guys I think Franzen deserves just as much, or maybe more credit then.

You think Franzen deserves as much credit as 26 poin having, league leading semin? I think that's a bit far... Like the person above me said, most of his goals come from tap ins from other players. He's definitely a great player, top 50 probably, but not top 20.

I love Franzen, but I don't think he would look as good if he didn't have Zetterberg feeding him gorgeous passes like we saw against Tampa. It seems like a lot of his goals are tap ins. I would still say he is top 35 though, he brings a lot to the table besides scoring goals.

If that's the case, how do you explain his barrage of goals last season when he wasn't playing with Zetts?

Jeez, if it was that easy to just go in the NHL and tap in some goals, I think I should play... If it just takes little tap ins, maybe I can be a 50 goal scorer.

Wrong. He doesn't need a lot of help to score--he can do it himself and he knows where to be. There's no doubt he's hot and he's a force but it's a bit premature to put him right up there with the best. Time will tell.

Guys, I'm not saying ALL of his goals are tap ins, come on. I was there for the playoffs, I saw what he did. All I'm saying is that playing with Zetterberg certainly doesn't hurt his point totals.

You think Franzen deserves as much credit as 26 poin having, league leading semin? I think that's a bit far... Like the person above me said, most of his goals come from tap ins from other players. He's definitely a great player, top 50 probably, but not top 20.

LOL. whos really jumping the gun here in terms of credit...30 goals+ goals in 40 + games vs the unproven and inconsistent semin who happens to be leading the league after 15 games...lmao.