• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

crazy13

Rumor: Hossa leaving after this season

Rate this topic

According to Andy Strickland:

Sources close to Marian Hossa and Marian Gaborik tell me the two plan to make themselves a package deal come July first. The two are the best of friends and are hopeful they'll be playing together after this season.

A major reason Hossa elected to turn down millions of dollars from Pittsburgh and take the one year offer from Detroit is to not only put himself in position to win a Cup, but to become a UFA at the same time Gaborik enters the open market.

BYE BYE HOSSA

According to Andy Strickland:

Sources close to Marian Hossa and Marian Gaborik tell me the two plan to make themselves a package deal come July first. The two are the best of friends and are hopeful they'll be playing together after this season.

A major reason Hossa elected to turn down millions of dollars from Pittsburgh and take the one year offer from Detroit is to not only put himself in position to win a Cup, but to become a UFA at the same time Gaborik enters the open market.

BYE BYE HOSSA

Before the season even started, I had assumed Hossa wouldn't be back, we just can't afford to keep him and the rest of the team intact. Now that his numbers have exploded it only reinforces my thoughts before the season. Lets just enjoy him as a Wing while he is here.

I actually prefer to know he won't be back so we don't have to keep worrying how we'll keep him and everyone else.

As for him and Gaborik coming together as a package deal, I'm not sure I believe this one, but I guess its possible. That would possibly be $20 million tied up in 2 players each season. As a GM, that would really make putting the rest of the team together very difficult.

Too early to say if he will or won't stay. I don't think Hossa knows what he is going to do yet. So this guy doesn't know either. If he chooses to leave for more money and friendship than all the things he said this summer were BS.. which I don't think they were. The guy just wants to win games.

I can only think of a handful of players that left this organization while we would have wanted to hang on to them.

Hossa, Franzen, and Z will stay.

As for him and Gaborik coming together as a package deal, I'm not sure I believe this one, but I guess its possible. That would possibly be $20 million tied up in 2 players each season. As a GM, that would really make putting the rest of the team together very difficult.

In other words, Hossa and Gaborik will sign in Toronto. :P

Edited by edicius

This is just another rumor. I don't think we need to officially pack Hossa's bags already. Let the season play out and see what Ken Holland can pull off in regards to keeping Z, Franzen, and Hossa around.

Even if Hossa plays one season with the Red Wings, let's enjoy while it lasts. Without Hossa's unselfishness and desire to win it all, we aren't even looking at Hossa in Detroit for a year to begin with. I would love for Hossa to spend many more years with the Red Wings, but I also understand it's completely feasible that we may lose him next summer. Hossa has been everything I expected and more - it would be foolish to let pure speculation about the future overshadow the present and Marian's impact on this Red Wings team.

EDIT: I just noticed the OP made this thread about ten minutes after joining LGW. It's probably more wishful thinking than anything.

Edited by GoWings1905

:lol: I smell a troll!! :alien:

Where's your link??

Hmmm....Joe Baloney says that he personnaly met with Hossa and he said that he will likely stay in Detroit for 2 million per season and a new Corvette. :P

So you joined LGW today and expect people to beleive your post, ssuuurreee.

Oh well, welcome to LGW, where the fans aren't as gullable as you may think.

I bet this is a pens fan, that is just burning up that Hossa's leg didn't break off or of Hossa's success here.

I love these B.S posts.

all I can say is

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Cough Cough, (I have a cold)

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahaha

This is going to be a long season for alot of people. LOL

Come back real soon. :lol:

Edited by bellarina

Here's hoping the salary cap goes up 20 million and the Wings sign Gabby for our 3rd or 4th line.

:lol: of course that means we sign Hossa as well.

Edited by bellarina

Crazy13 was just here reading...i knew the troll odour came back.

No reply crazy13????

Bahahahaha.

I must be getting annoying. Sorry folks, topics like this bring it out of me.

Edited by bellarina

I don't know if I believe this or not, but if it is true, and Hossa has made it clear to someone out there that he has plans to move on, I don't think it's a very respectful tactic to implement midway through a season.

Why would Hossa and Gaborik even think about this? No team, that has a shot of winning anyway, can sign them both. Ain't gonna happen.

Hossa is here to win the Stanley Cup; next year, he's looking for a big payday.