• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Official I Love Conklin Thread

Rate this topic

i love him too...but i am still fearful of his Stanley Cup finals jinx.

Oilers backup in 06, Pens backup in 08 and no cups. Hope he can break that this year.

yeah but being the backup, he had almost nothing to do with the loss

i love him too...but i am still fearful of his Stanley Cup finals jinx.

Oilers backup in 06, Pens backup in 08 and no cups. Hope he can break that this year.

How in any way should that be recognized as a jinx? He didn't even play, and thus had no result on the outcome. That's no different than saying Sidney Crosby has a Stanley Cup jinx because his team lost in the one Cup final he's ever been involved in.

I'm happy we're getting ozzie a little worried about [starter] job security. I think that was what propelled him last year until he got his chance to take over. I don't like what I see from him so far, so this is definitely a plus. Competition for the spot will do the most for the team.

Plus, he has a cool mask.

How in any way should that be recognized as a jinx? He didn't even play, and thus had no result on the outcome. That's no different than saying Sidney Crosby has a Stanley Cup jinx because his team lost in the one Cup final he's ever been involved in.

You guys didn't watch the 06 Stanley Cup Finals, game 1? Roloson exits the game with a multi goal lead only to have Conklin royally blow it with one of the worst give aways ever to Rod Brind'Amour behind the net with less then a minute left.

And I am not ACTUALLY saying he is a jinx - he has progressed a LOT since then - just pointing out he has been on 2 cup finalists and not won, hoping its not bad luck!

Oiler fans here in Edmonton still HATE him for that.

And if your grandmother had testicles, she could be your grandpa.

<shakes head>

That's just funny!!!

Anyway, I really enjoyed Conklin last season. I told my wife to pick him up in our fantasy league and she did. I regretted sharing the info. Last season I found my self watching the Pens game just to watch him, the good days when I had center ice. I enjoy his style and was pissed when he automatically lost the starter job to Fluery but it worked out for them. I am definitly not in favor of throwing Ozzy in the fire like some, at this point though Conklin is the better goaltender and is relishing playing behind our D. Good for them both. I am just excited to see the Wings play their game.

What do you mean?! Conklin is our starter! WOOOOOO TY!

Seriously though, come on folks. Yeah he's been really good, but anointing him the number 1 goalie? NO.

He may not be our number one goalie but he is no longer our clear cut backup either. I expect a rather even rotation until something changes.

Ozzie isn't playing as well as he should be. The good news is there is still plenty of time for him to get things turned around. Two great goalies is ALWAYS better than one.

Ozzie and Conklin are a great team. As long as they get along and have no drama, the Wings will only benefit by having two solid goalies to fill in in the clutch. The best defense against any team is an amazing goalie tandem. Being able to switch it up and throw the oppositions strategy into flux is invaluable.

And if your grandmother had testicles, she could be your grandpa.

<shakes head>

That is just very, very disturbing...

How many games in row Conklin started - and why? Osgood is healthy...

That's why in this moment he's our number 1 goalie... Osgood lovers will start bashing Conklin - same thing that they have done with Hasek last couple of years.

Why even go here and create drama that has no reason to be created, when what you suggested probably won't happen unless it is by an extreme over-the-top fan? This is a reason exactly why Wings fans generally speaking are nutjobs when it comes to goalies. And nutjobs isn't a good term.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._rare_atte.html

Chris Osgood will start in net for the Red Wings. Babcock said he likely will begin to alternate Osgood and backup Ty Conklin before giving Osgood the bulk of the workload later in the season.

"That's what we always tend to do, get Ozzie going and then let them play more even and then you'll run with Ozzie again later," Babcock said. "Ozzie's not 25, we don't need to wear him out, and Conks has been excellent."

Anyways, there is no controversy from this. Just another guy playing a bit better right now and getting more playing time accordingly and deservedly. Nothing more or less, so there's absolutely no need to make it into something more than it is.

I am pretty sure that Osgood's job is safe. Conklin is a very solid back-up, which is what he has been for his entire career.

The guy who needs to worry about a job is Jimmy Howard who is being outplayed by Daniel Larsson in the AHL. Conklin is making a strong case to be re-signed and Howard can't be sent down next year without clearing waivers. He could be traded for a draft pick or ultimately let go.

i have been pleasantly surprised by Conklin.

he's a very solid number two.

and there should never be a goalie controversy here.

what happened last year with Osgood and Hasek was something unique to itself i think.

We had two proven, winning, veteran goalies on our team.

Conklin cant and shouldnt be asked to lead the Red Wings back to the stanley cup.