• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
oatcho

osgood

Rate this topic

Does anybody think that osgood's lackluster performane may be due to his new pads. i mean we all know he's been breaking them in for god knows how long now but look at him when he skates. he's not as quick or agile. he can't skate fast or move the way he used to in his old pads.

notice how he stops all of the outside shots but the close up ones, where he needs to move quickly, he doesnt because he's always a second too late.

Am i the only one who's noticed this?

This was Osgood's best showing all year, hands down. The second goal he gave up was a little iffy (and the scoring chance was the result of a valiant, but failed defensive diving play by Kronwall, I believe), but the first goal was just a great play by Minnesota.

LIGHTS OUT in the shootout.

After a performance like that, I believe Ozzie when he says that this is the best he's felt all season. It sure looked like it. He was channeling Sawchuk out there.

Tonight, Ozzie played the best game I've seen him play this season. He's motivated and determined, and I loved what I saw. Good for him!

He deserved player of the game for this tilt, IMO, or at least a game star. Hope the guys buy him beer/s for keeping them in this game.

:beerbuddy:

I posted in the GDT the fact that Oz has gone back to the Itech glove and blocker, after trying to break in the Brian's gear.

Creature of habit, our #30....

Hey, if it keeps him playing like he did tonight...

He's doing all right. The figures for the Club's Goals Allowed per Game, last season and this season:

2007-08: 2.21

2008-09: 2.92.

Goaltending is just one the elements to a great team. There are other clubs in the League who would love to have the goalie tandem that the DRW have right now. And, you know, they had a chance.

He's doing all right. The figures for the Club's Goals Allowed per Game, last season and this season:

2007-08: 2.21

2008-09: 2.92.

Goaltending is just one the elements to a great team. There are other clubs in the League who would love to have the goalie tandem that the DRW have right now. And, you know, they had a chance.

It's now down to 2.90 after last night's game. I have been tracking this on a spreadsheet. It is now at it's lowest point since game 7. Things are looking up...

How about we all just get off of Ozzy's ass for a game, and be glad he allowed 2 goals instead of his regular 4. We all know he had a rough start, he knows it, and yet he still managed to battle through it with a 13-2-4 record. I'm not complaining. If he struggles, we know we have Conks waiting to take over. We're in good shape....and the longer the season goes on, the team will get past the PK woes, and the goaltending will be under less pressure. Have faith in the guy who had a GAA of like 1.50 in the playoffs last year.

How about we all just get off of Ozzy's ass for a game, and be glad he allowed 2 goals instead of his regular 4. We all know he had a rough start, he knows it, and yet he still managed to battle through it with a 13-2-4 record. I'm not complaining. If he struggles, we know we have Conks waiting to take over. We're in good shape....and the longer the season goes on, the team will get past the PK woes, and the goaltending will be under less pressure. Have faith in the guy who had a GAA of like 1.50 in the playoffs last year.

Did you even read the thread?

I did read the thread, thanks...my response was the guy who started the thread....my apologies for not copying his original post.....
You said yourself Ozzie is off to a rough start- the OP was just asking if we thought it was due to an equipment issue.

But yes, the "quote" feature is useful.

as others have mentioned, i thought ozzie rocked tonight. an interesting comment by ken and mick that i thought was true was that the outcome of the game didn't really matter in terms of ozzie's confidence--just how well he played. i thought the second goal was interesting because it was really just a result of a defensive f*** up, and you could tell that ozzie was really pissed right after it happened. but the thing is, instead of disrupting his focus, it honed it; he completely shut the door for the rest of the game and played great.

hopefully this is the beginning of the something good for the wizard of oz.

Ozzie was great last night! That 2nd Minnesota goal I agree, was a crock. Kronwell effed up, so that one is on him. Otherwise, for playing for the first time in 3 weeks after an injury, he was fantastic. Especially in the shoot-out. I've got nothing but love for Ozzie anyway.

You said yourself Ozzie is off to a rough start- the OP was just asking if we thought it was due to an equipment issue.

But yes, the "quote" feature is useful.

You're right...it is useful. I'm going to use it from now on...wasn't quite sure how to initially. Thanks for turning me on to that!

Me, I'm not too sure if the equipment is an issue for Ozzie overall, but as others have mentioned, he is a creature of habit....I mean, look at him, he's still wearing the old school helmet and cage combo. Can't believe he hasn't changed that yet, but at this stage of his career I have to assume he probably will just keep with it. I like the look of his new goalie pads, but that doesn't really matter in the long run, it's all about how he feels and plays in them. Hopefully he'll continue to play well now that he's healthy and ready to get things rolling.