#41 savaking72

savaking72

Good luck Notre Dame

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Coolio Mendez @ January 4, 2009 - 01:42AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys thought Crosby's fight was bad check out Semins

Semin reminds me of Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller in Zoolander when they were acting like monkeys...trying to the the files 'out' of the computer! You know the guys on his team have to be ashamed! Not to mention his dad. Way to represent!

#42 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

Yet another ***** move by Crosby. So now, Sid The Kid is a whining ball puncher who jumps people Tootoo style before they even know there's a fight going on. Can we stop mentioning him in the same breath as great captains like Yzerman yet?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#43 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

Way to rally the team Sidney! You looked like an idiot! Couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if McLean had jumped him that way? wink.gif

#44 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

It's pretty sad that the face of the game (so-called) is a little *****. But then again, I don't want to incur the wrath of the arbiters of objectivity and equanimity around here.
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#45 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

I think it is a safe bet that if a Wings player did the same kinda thing Crosby did there, some people here would be doing cartwheels and backflips in happiness given how much fighting is hyped in here.

Now for that specific fight in itself, what Crosby did was a little gutless, you don't jump people for no absolute reason, wait to make sure both players want to square off.

As for the Crosby is the Poltergist's son attitude, I'll pass on that since it has never been my cup of tea to do that from minute one and it has been yelled at in people's ears in about 1000 different threads on here, and reading about the obsession of disliking Sidney Crosby on here has made me not care if I ever hear his name again.

#46 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

whats wrong with the dogging harold?? that was an embarassing fight and deserves to be ridiculed.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#47 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ January 4, 2009 - 02:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is a safe bet that if a Wings player did the same kinda thing Crosby did there, some people here would be doing cartwheels and backflips in happiness given how much fighting is hyped in here.

Typical retarded response. thumbdown.gif
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#48 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

HAHAH that semin fight was an epic failure!! i love on the side, one of the youtube videos is called semins epic drum solo !
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#49 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (j.hoop @ January 4, 2009 - 03:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHAH that semin fight was an epic failure!! i love on the side, one of the youtube videos is called semins epic drum solo !

bongo solo

#50 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (j.hoop @ January 4, 2009 - 11:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whats wrong with the dogging harold?? that was an embarassing fight and deserves to be ridiculed.

Because people cry about all the attention Crosby gets, yet they fixate on every single thing he does.

If that were someone other than Crosby, there's no thread here about it. I saw a fight in a Kings game a few days ago that was even funnier. The guys each took turns falling down and neither really got a punch off, one of them even did a somersault of sorts. Sad fights like this happen fairly often in the NHL but of course it was Sidney so it's the usual suspects looking for any reason to ***** about him, while simultaneously crying about the attention he gets.

Or the single leg takedown is pretty funny.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 04 January 2009 - 03:03 PM.

#51 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 4, 2009 - 03:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because people cry about all the attention Crosby gets, yet they fixate on every single thing he does.

If that were someone other than Crosby, there's no thread here about it. I saw a fight in a Kings game a few days ago that was even funnier. The guys each took turns falling down and neither really got a punch off, one of them even did a somersault of sorts. Sad fights like this happen fairly often in the NHL but of course it was Sidney so it's the usual suspects looking for any reason to ***** about him, while simultaneously crying about the attention he gets.

people cry about the positive attention he gets, he deserves negative attention

#52 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (esteef @ January 4, 2009 - 01:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Typical retarded response. thumbdown.gif

How so? Explain yourself instead of just calling me a retard and running away.

Homer bias. Every team has it, and it wasn't hard for Penguins fans getting jacked up for what Crosby did because Crosby plays for the Penguins. If a Wings player did the same thing, you mean to tell me that no Wings soul on this single earth would be happy for what happened, especially considering the Wings don't fight that much.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 04 January 2009 - 03:05 PM.

#53 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 4, 2009 - 02:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not Crosby hate. It's the fact he's a big name. If some no-name did the same thing, as you suggest....you're right there would be no thread discussing it because no one would give a rat's ass. Now if some other big-name player did it too.....I would bet there would be a thread. No one cares what the nobodies do.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#54 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ January 4, 2009 - 12:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not Crosby hate. It's the fact he's a big name. If some no-name did the same thing, as you suggest....you're right there would be no thread discussing it because no one would give a rat's ass. Now if some other big-name player did it too.....I would bet there would be a thread. No one cares what the nobodies do.

Of course it's Crosby hate. Read the comments in this thread.

Then do a search in this forum for Crosby and look at all the other comments. It's not like people are posting threads here about great plays he makes. It's only the stupid s*** he does. Which a lot of players do night in and out in the league.

Even though Crosby does have some *****-like qualities about him, it's getting old. Especially because people's biggest complaint about him seems to be all the attention he gets over other players around the league.

#55 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ January 4, 2009 - 11:58AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
people cry about the positive attention he gets, he deserves negative attention

ahh, so it's merely a journalistic responsibility to give a more "fair and balanced" view?

forget I said anything, resume yet another Crosby-hate circle jerk.

You'd think we played this guy every week for the attention he gets here. I'm just sick of hearing about the guy, good and bad.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 04 January 2009 - 03:12 PM.

#56 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ January 4, 2009 - 03:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course it's Crosby hate. Read the comments in this thread.

Then do a search in this forum for Crosby and look at all the other comments. It's not like people are posting threads here about great plays he makes. It's only the stupid s*** he does. Which a lot of players do night in and out in the league.

Even though Crosby does have some *****-like qualities about him, it's getting old. Especially because people's biggest complaint about him seems to be all the attention he gets over other players around the league.

If the media didn't overhype the SOB to the point of insanity, maybe then every little minute mistake he makes or boneheaded move he pulls wouldn't be talked about all the time.

I wasn't necessarily saying people DIDN'T hate him (I think he's a turd, personally), I was more speculating that there is another reason besides it that this thread (or any other like it) exists.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#57 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

That fight actually impressed me. He manhandled McLean into a position where he could have just been feeding him uppercuts, but he didnt. Kept the punches above the shoulders and didn't try and sucker McLean. We will see how the Pens respond to this next game - maybe the rest of the guys will step up.

If Zetter or Datsyuk did this, you would all be having kittens and you know it.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#58 Cern

Cern

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

TSN's article on Crosby/Semin's 'fights' includes an absolutely priceless pic of Sid:

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...os=secStory_nhl
1 2 3 4|1 2 3 4 5 6 7|1 2 3 4 5|1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#59 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I will say in Cindy's defence at least he knows that physical confrontation can happen in a hockey game. I'll quickly give all of you that that paticular 'physical confrontation' scored very high in total lameness, but it is what it is.

And there are a few guys that play for the wings that if they came up with that much, NOT in that manner (wait for the other guy to know it's a "fight" first at least, geez..) I would be happier.

- LT

#60 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Cern @ January 4, 2009 - 04:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TSN's article on Crosby/Semin's 'fights' includes an absolutely priceless pic of Sid:

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...os=secStory_nhl

sorry didn't see this before but isn't that how he always looks, except on NHL commercials?
- LT