• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Blue Jackets 0

Rate this topic

Washington will be the "young upstart team" that we beat in the Finals this year. Mark my words. ;)

Isn't it amazing, though, that Washington is finally turning itself around? If I told you a few years ago that Washington would be 2 points behind the Red Wings the year after the Wings won the Cup, you wouldn't believe me.

I'm in agreement with you on that last sentence. Even Sergei Fedorov in his prime wasn't as creative and fun to watch as Pasha is. I sit in wonderment every night, curious to see what new trick he's gonna pull out. He's got a magic bag that would make Felix the Cat envious. (And if you can remember that, you're aging yourself. :lol:) I'm going to see him again on Thursday night, and I'm hoping he'll pull something off that makes Marty Turco cringe.

The thing that pavs has that he shares with feds in his prime is skating ability. Forget the sick moves - its the skating. It just jumps out at me every time he is on the ice. His brain and his skates are connected like few players. Feds was a powerful skater, but I don't think Pavs is the same. He's more like gretzky in that hi skating ability is deceptive and elusive.

The thing that pavs has that he shares with feds in his prime is skating ability. Forget the sick moves - its the skating. It just jumps out at me every time he is on the ice. His brain and his skates are connected like few players. Feds was a powerful skater, but I don't think Pavs is the same. He's more like gretzky in that hi skating ability is deceptive and elusive.

Pavel is a very good skater. But comparing him to Fedorov in that area is ridiculous. Fedorov was the best skater in the league, with only a few guys capable of challenging him in ANY area of skating. He was the fastest, comparable to a couple others, and he was also a very powerful skater tough to knock off his skates. Dats is quick, and strong on his skates...but there are a lot of guys who are much faster and/or stronger on their skates.

Gretzky was a decent skater in terms of his agility and grace, but he was not very physically strong on his skates when it came to throwing off a defender and he was only average in terms of speed. Datsyuk has significant advantages over Gretzky in both primary areas of skating. Gretzky's great performance had nothing to do with above-average skating skill.

Pavel is a very good skater. But comparing him to Fedorov in that area is ridiculous. Fedorov was the best skater in the league, with only a few guys capable of challenging him in ANY area of skating. He was the fastest, comparable to a couple others, and he was also a very powerful skater tough to knock off his skates. Dats is quick, and strong on his skates...but there are a lot of guys who are much faster and/or stronger on their skates.

Gretzky was a decent skater in terms of his agility and grace, but he was not very physically strong on his skates when it came to throwing off a defender and he was only average in terms of speed. Datsyuk has significant advantages over Gretzky in both primary areas of skating. Gretzky's great performance had nothing to do with above-average skating skill.

Correct, Gretzky was a very heady player. In fact i dare say not a single aspect of Gretzky's game stood out to anyone (except his playmaking ability but that was because of this). It was his extreme hockey intellegence that made him a force.

Started off the first period in section 22something row 24 seat 3. Second period and third period we were ten rows behind Babcock. I was actually surprised we were able to pull it off because the Joe was nearly full, which was really nice to see for a change.

I'm a firm believer that nobody makes more than Lidstrom but Datysuk is doing his best to sway me to nobody makes more than him. You see all the stuff he does from 20 feet away and it's mind-boggling how easy he makes it look. But definitely one of the best games they have put together all season, imo.

I also saw Sammy drop his lunch money...