• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/14 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Ducks 3

Rate this topic

This was hilarious. :D I can't count the number of times I've heard someone call him the smoothest-skating defenceman ever. Smooooooooooooooooth.

Brian Campbell is about to inherit that throne. The media would not STFU about that last year.

This was hilarious. :D I can't count the number of times I've heard someone call him the smoothest-skating defenceman ever. Smooooooooooooooooth.

reminds me of pierre mcguire! he's such a tooool.

great win by the Wings though, great game.

The only positive I saw for Anaheim last night was Giguere. He made a few incredible saves on the Wings going side to side and literally robbing their free goal from them. He hasn't had a great year, but he had a very admirable night last night.

Anaheim had some really sloppy, missed passing and fanned shots as well. And it looks like Donger and Needleweiner are having a harder and harder time holding the blue line in the offensive zone. Embarassing given their pedigree. It's a disservice to their rather capable, young forwards and centers.

The first period was a pretty big snoozefest all around, and I'm really glad to see the game pick up after that.

1/2+ of the crowd, myself and wife included were in red and white. That's always inspiring as hell.

Great win Wings! Keep Hudler on for as long as you can please!

You'd be hard pressed to find a pack of guys who are better than him on the PK. And say that because some nights he looks better than Lidstrom out there on the PK, so you know hes probably pretty good relative to the rest of the league. ;)

Are you watching the same games as I am liljs has to responsible for over 10 goals b giving up the puck he is the worst defensemen on the team and cannot fight either. His first fight this year looked like something 1st graders would do. Lebda is better he just sucks because he gets paired up with Lilja. Compare the goals that are scored I. The third defensive ok e when it's Lilja and Lebda or Chelios and Lebda. Lilja is the worst on the team and gets way over paid, y'all are giving him way too much credit.

nice comback by wings great game..the guy behind me was super anoyying goons this late hit that BS goal this hahah i just wanted to laugh in his face every time the wings scored. But good thing i did not it would be weird if i saw him there for other ducks games haha... cant wait tell tomorrow fist game in LA will be a wings game and not a ducks game? weirdness...

...oh just admit it already...YOU'RE A CLOSET WINGS FAN! :P Convert!

The power of Dats compels you! The power of Dats compels you!

esteef

Are you watching the same games as I am liljs has to responsible for over 10 goals b giving up the puck he is the worst defensemen on the team and cannot fight either. His first fight this year looked like something 1st graders would do. Lebda is better he just sucks because he gets paired up with Lilja. Compare the goals that are scored I. The third defensive ok e when it's Lilja and Lebda or Chelios and Lebda. Lilja is the worst on the team and gets way over paid, y'all are giving him way too much credit.

Are you part of Lebda's family or just on the payroll?

Are you part of Lebda's family or just on the payroll?

Neither actually just tired of seeing people think that Lilja is a great player and that Lebda is the one that is horrible. I would much rather see Meech get the full time slot and switch Lebda and Chelios. I have a fuming hatrid for Lilja one of the worst in the NHL in my eyes. He gives the puck up all the time in the defensive zone.

Neither actually just tired of seeing people think that Lilja is a great player and that Lebda is the one that is horrible. I would much rather see Meech get the full time slot and switch Lebda and Chelios. I have a fuming hatrid for Lilja one of the worst in the NHL in my eyes. He gives the puck up all the time in the defensive zone.

Last year I though Lilja sucked but I'm starting to come around a little bit. He is definitely not one of the worst in the NHL!!

Side note, another great effort by Datsyuk . . . where would we be without him?

Last year I though Lilja sucked but I'm starting to come around a little bit. He is definitely not one of the worst in the NHL!!

Side note, another great effort by Datsyuk . . . where would we be without him?

I will give you that he is better than last year, but he should have never gotten that contract

I will give you that he is better than last year, but he should have never gotten that contract

I think you're underestimating the market for defenseman.

Even as a bottom pairing guy, he has good size (even if he doesn't use it as much as he should), plays decent when he keeps it simple, kills penalties, is a fearless shot blocker, and will even drop the gloves and try and fight on occasion.

He probably could've gotten more money on the open market.

And if I had to keep one or the other, I'd take Lillypads over Lebda in a heartbeat.

I'm with you on this. For the most part, I can't stand Lilja. But in last night's game - he was pretty good.

Last year, I would have agreed that Lilja had to go. This year he has looked much, much better. He ended as a minus-2 last season and this year he is already plus-7. On a defense which has unquestionably been more porous this year, that is a marked improvement.

Edited by ComradeWasabi

Gees. I can't imagine how pissed you'd be if you were a Leafs fan after the Finger signing.

anyone have a gif or good video replay of Franzen's goal that they reviewed? Ducks fans say it was obvious bad call....I thiught when he hit puck it wasn't above goal post, it may have been b4 hit hit it, but not when he hit it

franzenhighstick1.jpg this is all i can find :ph34r: not alot but all the video i see is to grainy to judge cant tell where the puck is right there that might be like you said b4 he hit it

Edited by Duck Guy

franzenhighstick1.jpg this is all i can find :ph34r: not alot but all the video i see is to grainy to judge cant tell where the puck is right there that might be like you said b4 he hit it

that right there proves the right call was made, because of how close that is to the crossbar and there has to be absolutely conclusive proof that it is or isn't to overturn a call.